Pre Match: Liverpool v Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) (UCL Group C, 8 pm 24.10.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Even so, even so. But Moreno, oh hell no. We dont need the liability and stress of Alberto in any meaningful game to be asked to defend or exhibit positioning, and so on.

Why to strip the force shield on our left flank and be exposed and provide a path for the opposition thru our new well tuned defensive barriers? and made to overload the LCB shield, have VVD work harder for this nice guy but brainfreeze free will chap? And worse, subject VVD to unnecessary risk/dives/contacts that aggravates his healing ribs? Fuck no. You overlook Clyne, he has played left back for England, and he is a true defender. So, even if Robbo needed a game off, Clyne the answer. Not to mention Gomez, who played left back under genius Rodgers and then Joe tore his ACL.

Or instead of all that, I could of just politely said: please no Moreno, mate. Cheers.
Moreno is crap, but so are Red Star, and they won't even have any fans in the stadium. I want Moreno to play in this one to lessen the risk that he'll have to play in a difficult game due to Robertson being fatigued or injured.

Clyne on the left hand side is not the answer, I want a player there who can get forward and support the attack. Clyne struggles to do that on the right hand side nevermind the left. Moreno was actually an attacking threat last season against the likes of Spartak and Maribor, this is very much the same standard of opposition.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Not sure. They held Napoli to a draw, and the hammering by PSG was in suspicious circumstances.

You'd hope we have enough to win both of the matches against them, but we shouldn't underestinate them, especially while our form is so....odd.
What were the sus. Circumstances?

I missed any hint of anything.

RedForever2014

Moreno is crap, but so are Red Star, and they won't even have any fans in the stadium. I want Moreno to play in this one to lessen the risk that he'll have to play in a difficult game due to Robertson being fatigued or injured.

Clyne on the left hand side is not the answer, I want a player there who can get forward and support the attack. Clyne struggles to do that on the right hand side nevermind the left. Moreno was actually an attacking threat last season against the likes of Spartak and Maribor, this is very much the same standard of opposition.
I'd play Robertson tomorrow given the importance of winning. I'd use moreno against Cardiff and give Robertson 10 days off.

fspencer

You'd think the bookies would be a wee bit suspicious of someone looking to place a 5M euro bet.
A bookie wouldn't take a £4.3m bet because they would struggle to lay that bet off with other bookies. Bookies won't even take a £2000 bet without several checks being in place and SOW (source of wealth) is asked for if you win a couple of grand on a slot machine. Go to cheltenahm in march and you'll see £500,000 bets from very rich people (sheiks etc) on 1/5 shots but what were the odds on a 5 goal margin ? seems ridiculous to me . it's all about the liability .

Flobs

FADA
A bookie wouldn't take a £4.3m bet because they would struggle to lay that bet off with other bookies. Bookies won't even take a £2000 bet without several checks being in place and SOW (source of wealth) is asked for if you win a couple of grand on a slot machine. Go to cheltenahm in march and you'll see £500,000 bets from very rich people (sheiks etc) on 1/5 shots but what were the odds on a 5 goal margin ? seems ridiculous to me . it's all about the liability .
I'm no expert but if the bookie thinks he's going to win imo he'd rubb his hands together for 5M€. :-)
I did wonder how you would go about placing 5M€ on a football match but lets face it there must be ways.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
RSB will defend, defend, defend. Moreno and TAA to offer width for me. Fab and Gini in the middle picking up the clearances and Shaq-Attack supplying the guile for the normal front three - if we don't get four or five I will be disappointed!

Retro Helix

I reckon there will be more defensive changes in this than people think. Couple of lads we need to give some rest, and some lads who need minutes. Potential for a slight change in formation as well with Hendo & Naby injured, Milner and Lallana possibly needing to be eased back.

Alisson
TAA Matip Lovren Moreno
Gini Fabinho
Salah Shaqiri Mané
Firmino

Maybe a risk to not play Gomez or VVD but I can’t see them coming to do much attacking. Would prefer both to be fresh for the challenges to come in the league.
I agree that one of the players that need a deserved rest is Robertson but no way in hell would I want to see Moreno. We better off playing with 3 at the back or even play Clyne at LB.

jredp

no, no, no Moreno please TAA, Matip, Lovren Clyne and Fabhino as backup if at all. I am aware that Clyne is cover for TAA, but anybody would be better than Moreno. I kinda think (nice lad etc,etc) he (Moreno) is a jinx or is jinxed.
one other gripe, we have to show respect to whoever we play (exceptions are manure and RM), so don't like reading about hammering other teams before a ball has been kicked. Predictions all fine and good, but keep them for Lotto, horses and other teams/sports etc, etc

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
no, no, no Moreno please TAA, Matip, Lovren Clyne and Fabhino as backup if at all. I am aware that Clyne is cover for TAA, but anybody would be better than Moreno. I kinda think (nice lad etc,etc) he (Moreno) is a jinx or is jinxed.
one other gripe, we have to show respect to whoever we play (exceptions are manure and RM), so don't like reading about hammering other teams before a ball has been kicked. Predictions all fine and good, but keep them for Lotto, horses and other teams/sports etc, etc
I actually think we will win 6 or 7 nil but said 3 or 4 to be respectful.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Well it's just not fair. Isn't it typical. Citeh and manure play just one team each, but we have to play two, Crvena Zvezda & Red Star Belgrade. And on the same night. The lads are already knackered; UEFA really have it in for us.

Fortunately, by some strange twist of fate, the fans of both Crvena Zvezda & Red Star Belgrade are banned from attending. Two teams, both from Serbia, and both with their fans are banned; who'd credit it ...........................................:think:

:((

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I'll never understand these 4/5/6-0 predictions especially when we aren't in the best of forms. I'm not saying that we'll necessarily struggle but expecting to demolish the opposition when we've struggled to score lately is a bit too much for my liking.

I hope that I'm wrong but I think it's best to keep both feet on the ground. Football is a funny game.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Just been reading the piece about Red Star ; https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/10/red-star-belgrade-the-opponents-who-changed-liverpools-european-approach/ .... and realised that I've got that programme somewhere at home. Didn't realise that it was 45 yrs ago though ! .... that would have made me 9yrs old at the time. I always treasured that one as a kid because European programmes were so hard to come by. Anyway , here's hoping we don't suffer a similar result tonight (1-2) and I'll go for a confident prediction of 3-0 with both Mo and Sadio rediscovering their mojo in front of goal. Come on Reds !

yiannos33

Believe
Mane,Salah,Firmino should start today. I don’t expect too many changes with the exception of injuries to
Keita,Hendo and Milner. Hope to see Fabinho start in this game as he did well the last game,when he
came in late on.
3-0 my bet.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
What's this new trend with B. Silva, Mata and Shaqiri playing as the right sided #8/10.

:tongue:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Chances are it was the bookmaker who alerted authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.