Pre Match: Liverpool v Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) (UCL Group C, 8 pm 24.10.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Looking at a 2-0 to Liverpool result here.

Time for Fabinho to get a 90min , Virg to nurse his ribs , Lallana in place of Gini to get another chance at discovering some form and tempo. Also, Link up play to the strikers upfront is essential The Fab 3 to get an outing to get their shit together and start scoring

Allison
TAA Gomez Lovren Robertson
Milner Fabinho Lallana
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs
Mignolet, Shaq , Virgil , Moreno , Sturridge , Gini , Clyne , Henderson

SithBaare

If Moreno is being played due to Robbo needing rest , I'll pair Milner alongside Moreno so that the overlap runs happen and Moreno is given more license to contribute on the attacking side. I'll then choose to rest TAA and play Clyne upfront. Playing TAA and Moreno even against Red Star is a recipe for disaster.

Allison
Clyne Gomez Lovren Moreno
Lallana Fabinho Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

Alright Now

I'll never understand these 4/5/6-0 predictions especially when we aren't in the best of forms. I'm not saying that we'll necessarily struggle but expecting to demolish the opposition when we've struggled to score lately is a bit too much for my liking.

I hope that I'm wrong but I think it's best to keep both feet on the ground. Football is a funny game.
If I am guessing @Arminius’ alma mater correctly, he has a football (American version) who once coined the phrase Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind. I’m guessing EUTM is the source of the 5/6/7-0 win predictions. Either that or @Scott Jones. Either way, I’m all for EUTM.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
5-0 easy today, five to keep the worried fans sane and 0 to keep the sensible ones happy :-) Easy win, let's rock!
I think we need to keep a thread of your predictions akin to the 'fair table' analysis. By your guess, I think we are topping the table with about a +47 goal difference.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Sadio Mane starts and Fabinho returns to midfield for Liverpool’s Champions League clash with Red Star Belgrade at Anfield this evening.
Mane is deemed fit to begin the contest having missed the weekend win at Huddersfield Town due to a hand injury and is one of five changes made by Jürgen Klopp.

Roberto Firmino is also restored to attack to join Mohamed Salah, while Fabinho and Georginio Wijnaldum are named in midfield alongside Xherdan Shaqiri.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is back in defence in place of Dejan Lovren.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
I think we need to keep a thread of your predictions akin to the 'fair table' analysis. By your guess, I think we are topping the table with about a +47 goal difference.
And the grin on my face is as wide as the Mersey :-) You know you want a cheeky £2 (or $2) on 5-0......

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Sadio Mane starts and Fabinho returns to midfield for Liverpool’s Champions League clash with Red Star Belgrade at Anfield this evening.
Mane is deemed fit to begin the contest having missed the weekend win at Huddersfield Town due to a hand injury and is one of five changes made by Jürgen Klopp.

Roberto Firmino is also restored to attack to join Mohamed Salah, while Fabinho and Georginio Wijnaldum are named in midfield alongside Xherdan Shaqiri.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Strong as fuck. I think my 6 or 7 nil prediction is looking a little conservative.

SithBaare

Shaqiri in Midfield promises to ensure much more attacking options. Especially against the comparitively weaker teams. I like seeing Fabinho and Gini paired together. Both defensively strong and Fabinho covers for Gini being aerially weak, Expect Shaqiri and Firmino to interchange positions quite a lot as Bobby is gonna put in a shift in defensively.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Playing at its best, that is close to my strongest line-up, only Fabinho doesn't rate inclusion - and I think this is a great game to get some miles on his legs. I'd love to see us take control in the first half and get Lallana and/or Origi some time.

Redopium

RSB: Borjan, Stojković, Degenek, Babić, Gobeljić, Jovičić, Krstičić, Srnić, Ebecilio, Ben, Boakye.

Substitutes: Popović, Savić, Jovančić, Čaušić, Simić, Pavkov, Stojiljković

Chewbazza

True Believer
Even less confident after seeing that line up, but the defence should be strong enough to keep us in the game and hope we can nick a goal.

[email protected]

Lets play our game that ll do for me score prediction im not giving anyone anymore cause we Play momentally Kind ofcould be 5 0 to the goods and at the and a scrapy 1 0 result. But a win is Always LFC standart playing home. So bring it on and lets cheer together aftermatch.Up the REDS!!YNWA
p.s mane Bobby and Salah to get 5 goals combined tonight??!!:celebrating:

Status
Not open for further replies.