• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-match: Liverpool v Dortmund/Sevilla/Sporting

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool kick off their US tour with two back to back games

- Dortmund Saturday 20th July 1.05am (UK time)
- Sevilla Sunday 21st July 11.00pm (UK time)

With those games less than two days apart, Klopp is likely to pick two different teams.

Travelling squad.

Liverpool travelling squad: Clyne, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Mignolet, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Matip, Kent, Lewis, Phillips, Jones, Hoever, Ojrzynski, Duncan, Woodburn, Wilson, Larouci, Alexander-Arnold, Van den Berg, Atherton.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Will be amazed if I get anywhere near, but just for a laugh:

v Dortmund:

Mignolet

Trent, Gomez, VVD, Larouci

Hendo

Ox, Jones

Milner, Brewster, Wilson

v Sevilla:

Atherton

Hoever, Matip, Lovren, Robertson

Fab

Lallana, Gini

Kent, Origi, Woodburn

Left over: Clyne, Lewis, Phillips, Ojrzynski, Duncan, VDB

Trying to get both sides fairly equal in terms of quality and experience. I'd have liked to have found a place for VDB in one of them, but didn't really make sense with all 4 senior CBs available.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I'd like to see Ox in action with Brewster with mostly a first team set up. Probably won't happen though. Bring in all the squad players at half time or whatever. A bit strange that the games are two days in a row. Makes this a bit tougher.

Ming
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Ox Henderson
Wilson Brewster Origi

Red over the water

I’m really looking forward to going up to South Bend to watch Liverpool v Dortmund tomorrow. There’s a heat advisory in the area, as the heat and humidity combined are really bad at the moment. Conditions will be really tough for the players.

I’m hoping to see Brewster, and will be made up if more of our main players are starting to return to the fold. Doing a bit of a dad/lad thing with my son, who turns 13 on Saturday and is football mad too.

Herb

Curious to know, how far into their pre seasons are these two sides? Iirc the European teams tend to be a week or two behind. Will be interesting to see how Brewster in particular performs against stronger opposition.

nikz200

Dortmunds squad including their new signings might be better than us at this stage , i don't see us playing or risking kendo this early in pre season. Plus the lallana experiment is going to continue as well as Kent and Wilson still being around....... But its a good chance to see Brewster again and this laroucci kid again. Robertson is still injured so i don't think he will feature too much.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
11v11 last night:
Mignolet
Clyne Matip Gomez Larouci
Lallana Fabinho Milner
Wilson Origi Kent

v

Woodburn Brewster Duncan
Wijnaldum Henderson Chamberlain
Robertson vDijk Lovren Trent
Ojrzynski​

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Weird pre season, as we've got the community shield in 2 weeks, then a prem game, then the Super cup.... And Mane is playing in the AFCON tonight.

Loads of 1st teamer still missing from training, so all a bit strange.

My daughter is on her way down for this game. Well, I hope we win this one and the next one, and so on.....

Redopium

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Gomez, Larouci, Fabinho, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilson, Kent, Origi.

Subs: Lonergan, Atherton, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Henderson, Brewster, Robertson, Lewis, Phillips, Jones, Hoever, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold.