• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-match: Liverpool v Dortmund/Sevilla/Sporting

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Couldn’t care less. I think I prefer friendly games decades ago when they weren’t billed as something they are not, which is basically a fitness finding experimental kick about.
I thought Sevilla were disgusting.
I thought we were a bit flat.
I’m glad Sevilla are celebrating that they have beaten our B team. Shows how far we have come.

I hope that youngster isn’t too badly injured.

Otherwise, hurry up Norwich.

Magnus

I couldn't watch the game, and yet, I see the result is us losing 2-1 despite Sevilla getting a straight red in the 70-something minute. I am starting to worry a bit now. We need some good vibes before the season starts.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Well that was crap for different reasons. Horrible from Gnagnon after Lovren got away with a small foul, hope Larouci is okay. Lessons to take, but also a friendly to forget. Kent one of the rare positives, took risks all day as usual, but at least didn't actually lose the ball, probably the cleanest he's played in these few games.

Magnus

Couldn’t care less. I think I prefer friendly games decades ago when they weren’t billed as something they are not, which is basically a fitness finding experimental kick about.
I thought Sevilla were disgusting.
I thought we were a bit flat.
I’m glad Sevilla are celebrating that they have beaten our B team. Shows how far we have come.

I hope that youngster isn’t too badly injured.

Otherwise, hurry up Norwich.
It is not good for our team to lose two in a row though despite being the B-team. When you start losing, winning gets harder. We need good vibes and a win now.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
It is not good for our team to lose two in a row though despite being the B-team. When you start losing, winning gets harder. We need good vibes and a win now.
I don’t think so. It’s a game where we subbed everyone at half time. I doubt players are going back to their hotels wondering where the next win is coming from.

Magnus

I don’t think so. It’s a game where we subbed everyone at half time. I doubt players are going back to their hotels wondering where the next win is coming from.
Yeah, you are probably right, I am just uncomfortable since Dormund deserved to beat us, and as far as I understand, Sevilla deserved to beat us as well. But as you say, only a friendly and we swapped half a team. I am probably overreacting.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I hope Larouchi is alright. That horrendous tackle could have been a career ending and this poor boy is only starting his football.

ETA: Sevilla have alot of soul searching to do if they are going to play by dirty tackles and they will get alot of players sent off.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Yeah, you are probably right, I am just uncomfortable since Dormund deserved to beat us, and as far as I understand, Sevilla deserved to beat us as well. But as you say, only a friendly and we swapped half a team. I am probably overreacting.
When Allison, Salah, Bobby and Mane come back we should be fine.
It’s amazing how different we look when Allison isn’t playing. Mignolet is a good shot stopper but the passing and intelligence Allison has is clear to see.

Notasuperfan

When Allison, Salah, Bobby and Mane come back we should be fine.
It’s amazing how different we look when Allison isn’t playing. Mignolet is a good shot stopper but the passing and intelligence Allison has is clear to see.
Precisely...this is why Migs can only be a back-up at Liverpool..

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Strange match for me. We started out great then just seemed to sag a bit. The energy went away. I was on field level and all of that happened right in front of us. I didn't think Lovren's tackle was a foul at all. It looked completely clean from my vantage point then Gagnon just missiles straight for Larouci and took him out. Not much to say about that dumb and cowardly act already hasn't been said. Our section heckled the player mercilessly as did the entire stadium. Sevilla played dirty all match, spiking and kicking the ball, shouting back at the ref. I felt like they were repeatedly and intentionally targetting Ox early. The elbow to Wilson's face by Banega was no accident either.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but I want to see a replay of the second goal. How we allowed that long ball to happen with them playing with only 10 men was a little disappointing.

The boys walked around the stadium after the match and celebrated the supporters. One of them (maybe Mings?) kicked a ball into the upper seats for a fan to take home a great souvenir!