Pre-match: Liverpool v Dortmund/Sevilla/Sporting

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
If it were baseball, Gnagnon the gnat's hacking of Larouci's leg would be like a pitcher beaning a hitter..... Hang on, the game was played at Fenway, someone should have decked (or swat) that gnat.

I am still fuming at the scumminess of Seville. Need to calm down before heading to bed.

The Infamous

Bellends

Hope they get relegated from La Liga

Apart from that cunt that hacked Larouci that Carlos defender was reckless was taking out OX and everyone else in the first half. Wish we had someone like Stevie or Masch to just rip a Achilles or two

Gazmaninaus

I watched the game and it was apparent we were shagged from two games in two days. Whoever sorted that out should be shot. Anyway I thought we had some great play but played as a friendly they played as a game. I guess everyone wants to lift against the current champions of Europe. It will be like that for the entire year.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
I'm starting to worry, there is not much behind our starting 3. Less than two weeks until the Charity Chield and Salah, Firmino and Becker are not jet back, Mané will be back August 5 after only 2 weeks rest.

Last edited:

Sweeting

I'm starting to worry, there is not much behind our starting 3. Less than two weeks until the Charity Chield and Salah, Firmino and Becker are not jet back, Mané will be back August 5 after only 2 weeks rest.
Why are you worried about the Charity Shield?

Regards last night's game, you only have to watch the reaction to the goals to understand the scoreline. Sevilla celebrated both like it was an important goal - we barely even acknowledged ours.

To us last night was a friendly game, played for fitness, in 95 degree heat. To Sevilla it was a final.

Herb

Just woke up to read about the game, sounds like Sevilla went over the top for most of the game. Watched the tackle and I can’t fathom what has gone through that blokes head to do that. Looks worse every time you see it.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
It was!
At least 90 percent liverpool shirts and fans
My son and I have seen 6 pre season games now (AS Roma twice at Fenway, Chelsea @ the Rosebowl, Olympiakos in Chicago and ManU in Michigan and this) - I was taken by the # of families there - with moms and dads and kids all in liverpool shirts - also lots of different nationalities - tried to post a photo of the Fenway “Kop” for you all - but technically way beyond my abilities - @neuokolin said it - Migs hoofed a ball into that end - there was a LOT of singing - it was brilliant (but nothing like a match at Anfield)
From what I saw from the telly, it looked spectacular and the atmosphere looked wonderful, almost Anfield esque like. The Fenway park stadium looks very impressive. I was only driven past the stadium years ago. My only souvenir is a Boston Red Sox mug. So glad you had a lovely time and you got to tell us your experiences there.

Magnus

Why are you worried about the Charity Shield?

Regards last night's game, you only have to watch the reaction to the goals to understand the scoreline. Sevilla celebrated both like it was an important goal - we barely even acknowledged ours.

To us last night was a friendly game, played for fitness, in 95 degree heat. To Sevilla it was a final.
The Charity Shield is a title. A tiny one, but a title. I hope klopp and the boys desperatly want to win that game and every other game this season. And I concur with him, this form, is worrying me slightly. Slightly, because it is still very, very early days, but I don't like the development that much. Brewster, Milner, Oxlaide and of all people, Mignolet, look up for it, but no one else has really convinced me that they are en-route so far. But of course, early days, but I am a bit worried. Then again, I worry a lot; as I worry about patterns, I worry about fitness, I worry about the upcoming league and so on. I think worrying is better than the opposite, but perhaps those of you who have found the Zen in the middle ground have found the answer.

Last edited:

jim bouki

Even in friendlies teams are extra motivated to beat the Champions of Europe
This is probably the main reason why I slightly agree with those that say we need one high profile addition this summer. Last year teams saw us as a team on the up and a real threat. This year we are at the very pinnacle and everyone will be coming at us all guns blazing as they'll all be trying extra hard to dethrone the kings of europe. Another quality wide player will go a long way to alleviating the pressures that our front 3 will be under all season whilst keeping them on their toes (would be frightening to opponents to bring on a player of similar quality during the inevitable down spells in form the front 3 suffer at various stages from fatigue). But if klopp and the coaching staff think whoever's already at the club is ready to step up and fill the void then they've more than earnt our trust, from the outside it just seems like an opportunity to further strengthen the team and put the finishing touches on an already superb squad from a position of real strength gone a miss. I also understand that perhaps the player klopp wants might not be available which is also fine i'm glad he doesn't just spend for the sake of it - would hinder the progress of our younger players. Hopefully brewster and wilson can turn out to be the pieces we've been missing all along and all this talk of an extra attacker needed turns out to be misguided nonsense.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I think many still haven't quite understood how a Pre season with Klopp usually works. Just as a reminder, it is brutally exhausting and that also in this grueling heat! But it's necessary to build a basis for a long season to come, so we have to do lots of additional running as well. Normally we would never train so intentionally so close to a game, but Klopp said several times that the friendlies are just another session. Most of us wouldn't even be able to walk in these circumstances because we probably wouldn't feel our legs anymore. Panicking at this time is a bit over the top.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
There is no place in a friendly for that level of thuggery. That's accepted.
But LFC need to toughen up as well. This will be a long season with plenty of unethical tackles and tactics. We need to become a bit steelier. A la Fabinho vs Barca. Be a hard cunt inside the rules (barely)

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
I think many still haven't quite understood how a Pre season with Klopp usually works. Just as a reminder, it is brutally exhausting and that also in this grueling heat! But it's necessary to build a basis for a long season to come, so we have to do lots of additional running as well. Normally we would never train so intentionally so close to a game, but Klopp said several times that the friendlies are just another session. Most of us wouldn't even be able to walk in these circumstances because we probably wouldn't feel our legs anymore. Panicking at this time is a bit over the top.
Yup, two games in two days, in energy sapping heat, with teams made up of youth, reserves and players coming back from major injuries, with wholesale substitutions against a decent dortmund side and a shithouse bunch of pricks.

This panicking seems unnecessary.

jim bouki

As a side note, Seville is the warmest city in europe with average highs of 37 degrees celcius all throughout the summer, the weather was definitely a major advantage to them in this game. Thought our boys did well considering the scorching heat and the thuggery that took place. Must of been grueling to just be in the stands let alone playing.

Rooster

What a hit son
But LFC need to toughen up as well. This will be a long season with plenty of unethical tackles and tactics. We need to become a bit steelier. A la Fabinho vs Barca. Be a hard cunt inside the rules (barely)
Nonsense. Are you saying we should have retaliated with a similar leg breaking effort?

This team can handle the physical side. But that tackle was out of control.

Let's see what the suspension is. No idea who has jurisdiction in these matches but hopefully some serious punishment.

Meanwhile we will continue to batter sides with teamwork, strategy, pace and fair challenges.

Danny_

The tackle was just ridiculous for a friendly match. What is this guy - some kind of retard or something? I am not sure what sanctions can be taken against him but he should get the maximum possible.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Can’t be arsed with the game. It’s all that ‘tackle’ and whatever the fuck was going through Ggagnon’s pea brain.

I hope Sevilla enjoyed the experience, because I can’t imagine them playing us again in pre-season. And not just for that tackle either, for any number of dirty tackles that could have caused a serious injury.

Sevilla have wished Larouci well, but they should be offering a public apology for the conduct of their players.

LaurazRed

I agree. With several players returning from international duty they can't be expected to be fully up to speed especially with our front three. The pressure on the back up is a lot to ask on Origi and even more on Brewster at his age if we need cover.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I agree. With several players returning from international duty they can't be expected to be fully up to speed especially with our front three. The pressure on the back up is a lot to ask on Origi and even more on Brewster at his age if we need cover.
I think - and I know I’m going out on a mad limb here - that Jurgen Klopp knows what he’s fucking doing.

Flobs

FADA
There is no place in a friendly for that level of thuggery. That's accepted.
Yep! our performances take a knock whenever we are up against a physically orientated side. We need to adapt here, I would suggest playing faster.