• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton Tuesday 8pm K.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopite1982

A chance to go 4pts clear of everton. Clearly both teams have a bag full of injuries & i honestly dont know how BR will line up. I hope its not 4-4-2 especially with the gerrard & hendo in the middle.
Anyone know if sakho/allen will be fit for this?

My line up 3-5-2 (this would change if allens fit)

Mignolet

Kelly
Skrtel
Toure

Sterling
Flanno
Henderson
Gerrard
Coutinhio

Suarez
Sturridge

RMP

TIA First Team
Mignolet

Kelly Toure Skrtel Flanagan
Allen
Hendo Gerrard
Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge

kopite1982

soorajmj4 said:
How on earth could you bench sterling?
My exact thought. He's been nothing short of excellent & ive been so pleased for the lad especially after giving him a hard time early on in the season.

RMP

TIA First Team
It was either him or Coutinho

Its more about tactics rather than form. We're gonna need to show some penetration in the middle rather than pace on the wings. The diamond in the midfield would suit us better. Leave Sterling on the bench until the 70th to run at them

For the first time in a long while I see Everton as the slight favourites for this. We have been decimated by injuries and I feel we will find it hard to contain them over a 90min period. Just hope that Barkley and Coleman are injured for them otherwise I really will be extra worried.

soorajmj4

What i'd like to see-

Belgian
Kelly,Kolo,Skrtel,Flanno
StevieG,Hendo
Alberto
Sterling,Sturridge,Suarez

What i'd probably see-
Belgian
Kelly,Skrtel,Kolo,Flanno
Sterling,StevieG,Hendo,Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez

And i dont think both Allen n Sakho can make it.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
I think Coutinho needs a rest.And we need 3 i the middle as we were out fought there by Villa and Gerro and Hendo looked lost.Bring Coutinho on if somebody gets tired up front.
Mignolet

Allen
Henderson Gerrard

Sterling Sturridge Suarez

Lucas

Lukaku up against Skrtel ans Kolo will be an.. interesting one!

soorajmj4

Lucas or Allen said:
I think Coutinho needs a rest.And we need 3 i the middle as we were out fought there by Villa and Gerro and Hendo looked lost.Bring Coutinho on if somebody gets tired up front.
Mignolet

Allen
Henderson Gerrard

Sterling Sturridge Suarez
If Allen's fit, i'd go with this except with a flipped 2-1 instead of the 1-2.

All of a sudden Allen become the irreplaceble in the middle... Damn...

lovepool

Ok stop posting any formation that has Suarez on the wing. He is the best player in the league and he performs best up front. We want him gaining possession and attacking the last defender rather than spending ninety minutes chasing back to cover Baines or Coleman (if fit)

KraznyIvan

451. Suare in the Rooney role in behind Sturridge. Hes the only one I trust to get things really moving. Gerrard and Hendo slightly further back to release him/Sterling. Controversially I'd play Moses on the left to help shield the left back as Sterling will on the right.

They are struggling with injuries and are hoping to get an away point. We surely can put in an assured performance against what they have available and take this.

2-1 to us. SAS get one each, Lukaku gets one back from a set piece against our dodgy defence.

anglian_red

I noticed BT Sport have been out with a spade and brought Andy Gray back to the commentary box. I'd have thought it be nailed on for him to be covering this game. Oh well, anything's better than Michael Owen.

I don't think we've got many options for this game, moments like this make me wish we'd kept hold of Shelvey or Spearing because I'd just rather have a third body in the midfield, even if they're not particularly good. We don't know if Allen will be fit yet but I'm guessing not.

22 Mignolet

34 Kelly 37 Skrtel 4 Toure 38 Flanagan

31 Sterling 8 Gerrard 14 Henderson 20 Cissokho

10 Coutinho

7 Suarez

Bench: Jones, Sturridge, Alberto, Moses, Aspas, Smith, Allen (?)

If Joe Allen is fit to start then he can take Cissokhos place and move Coutinho out to the left of a front three.

Redbelly

TIA Youth Team
I can't see any way around the fact that our fullbacks are gonna get absolutely roasted.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Don't think Kelly looks ready for this one, he's so far from his best it's getting worrying now. If Sahko isn't ready i would go with the other Frenchman at lb and Alberto instead of Allen if he isn't ready, don't wanna see Coutinho in the side, he doesn't deserve to be, he's currently offering next to nothing. Hopefully Allen and Sahko will be back and if they are my team would be:

...................................Mignolet........................
Flanagan...........Toure....................Skrtel.............Sahko
...................................Gerrard....................................
......................Allen.....................Henderson...................
..........Sterling.............Sturridge.........Suarez..................

Heart says 2-1 to the redmen, head says 1-1.

anglian_red

Redbelly said:
I can't see any way around the fact that our fullbacks are gonna get absolutely roasted.
Well I've put Cissokho in front of Flanagan. I'm thinking Aly's height and pace could be useful further forward and at least he'll tuck back in and try and assist Flanagan.

SirBillShankly said:
Don't think Kelly looks ready for this one, he's so far from his best it's getting worrying now. If Sahko isn't ready i would go with the other Frenchman at lb and Alberto instead of Allen, don't wanna see Coutinho in the side, he doesn't deserve to be
Kelly needs games and we don't have anybody else, so we might as well give him those games. Rodgers occasionally puts Sterling at right back and I'm not sure that's any better. We'd need Sakho or Agger back to use the 3-5-2 unless we want to use Kelly as one of the 3.

I wouldn't have Coutinho in the side but I see little other option. Sturridge has been out a while and could do with being sub. Maybe Moses should get in ahead of Coutinho because at least he scored when he got his chance and ran up and down the field a bit!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Flanagan's an option, a good one at that, although he has been out for about 4 weeks, Sterling also could do a job, i have been very impressed with the defensive side of his game, and also Toure, maybe Kelly could play alongside Skrtel? i just don't have a lot of faith or confidence in Kelly running up and down the flank. It's an injury waiting to happen unfortunately.

anglian_red

Then don't have Kelly running up and down the flank. Baines will happily vacate their back four and pin Kelly back, that's fine, that gives Suarez & Sterling room to do things.

Claymenza

Coutinho hasn't offered penetration down the middle for months. We need a strong engine right now, and sterling provides more of that.

bes

------------Mignolet
Flanno Skrtel Sakho Cissohko
--------Allen Gerrard
--------Henderson
Sterling ------------Suarez
----------Studgemuffin

If Allen isnt fit put Coutinho in.. Same w/ Sakho for Toure. Better see some defending. If Sturridge/Suarez doesnt backtrack on the weak side they'll wreck us.

This 2 up front thing doesnt work well if you ask me. Think Cou will get another start due to injuries in the midfield.... No good

Everton have their own injuries, lets get those 3 points.

lfc.8

Hopefully Sakho and Allen will be back fit and ready. We're looking a bit short across the squad. Must win game really.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
I really am worried about Everton and I can see them dominate the game. For me the team should be Mignolet Flanno sktrel kolo cissoko Allen Gerrard Henderson sterling saurez coutinho.

Redragbull

Choice is a bit limited. So long as we don't play 4-4-2 i'll be happy. Should be an interesting game with so many injuries on both sides.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I wouldn't be surprised to see us go something like this. Not a fan of three at the back, but needs must

If Allen and Sakho are available then I'd go

Status
Not open for further replies.