• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v FC Porto ,CL 9/4/2019 KO 20:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
We wanted Porto and we got them so let's make the most of the first leg to take the pressure off the second leg,clean sheet with Milner coming in for Robertson and Fab,Gini and Hugo in midfield,smash these up and our reward will be to wreak havoc on those fucking Catalan bastards,i like our chances of winning the fucking lot starting with a 2-0 to us.

Alright Now

We wanted Porto and we got them so let's make the most of the first leg to take the pressure off the second leg,clean sheet with Milner coming in for Robertson and Fab,Gini and Hugo in midfield,smash these up and our reward will be to wreak havoc on those fucking Catalan bastards,i like our chances of winning the fucking lot starting with a 2-0 to us.
You know what they say about @Scott Jones OPs?

Oh ya beauty!

Whatever TIA is paying you, it’s not enough.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Make no mistakes, Klopp will go full throttle on this. It's the players' dream to go as far as possible in this competition. There's no way he'll rest anyone for this game. And the game against Chelsea is next Sunday, so four full days to recover after the Porto game. There might be some rotation, for one or two players, but that's all.

I for one expect a difficult, nervous and tight game against a team which has already proven to be excellent this season. Our lads can beat them, but will have to be at their best to do so. The nil at the back will be key for our hopes to go through to the next round.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Excellent, I like it. Reads well.

Hugo will boss the midfield, as he is the Boss. Will he score?

Who is he?

Last edited:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
You know what they say about @Scott Jones OPs?

Oh ya beauty!

Whatever TIA is paying you, it’s not enough.
Not that I've seen his contract, but my mates previous cat owner's neighbour told me that @Scott Jones is paid per word, but there is a cap on the number of words in a post. Which may explain a lot, or not much at all. There may even be a swear word bonus. Whichever way you want to dress it up, its worth it.

Joe Gomez x

Buzzing for this ! Expecting some rotation but nothing to crazy. Wonder if we may see Gomez or Moreno play, to give Robbo a break before Chelsea.

I’m expecting to see this:

————— Alisson —————
TAA—Lovren/Gomez—VVD—Moreno
—— — Fabinho————
—— Hendo—-Keita
—Salah — Bobby — Mane

Predict a 2-1.
Mane and Salah to score.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Have to agree with Hope on this, we need to go all out, full team with Millie covering Robbo. If we end up 3 goals ahead then rest some of the players that look jaded, mainly Gini and TAA. This will allow us to field a team with at least 3 or 4 of the people currently on our bench for the return match.

There's 5 days from this match to Sundays Chelsea game, enough of a break especially when taking into consideration that some of our players will then get a full week off before the final push to end a great season (and even then it'll be against Cardiff so may not need us to be full throttle against them for the latter half of the match).

jim bouki

Can't wait for this one. Porto are a top footballing side who would have learnt a lot from the demolition job we did on them last year. Won't be as easy this time round, but we're a much better side this year than last! They'll most likely be targeting milly and trent with their tricky wide forwards so we need our mids to be on one defensively covering the spaces and tracking back to help the full backs as not to be caught in 1 v 1 situations. Porto don't necessarily park the bus so hoping we can create enough chances to kill off the tie in the first leg. Clean sheet would be a huge bonus!

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
vs. Chelsea

Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

vs. Porto
Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Milner
Henderson Fabinho
Lallana Firmino Mané
Salah

Mystryman01

Don't mind Robertson missing this one, think Milner will be good enough to cover left back, and then hopefully can rest Trent and he'll cover right back next week in Porto.
Would go with midfield three of Fab, Hendo and Keita

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Unfortunately yes.
Thanks for your reply, yes its not so much that Milner can 'cover' at LB, he's still less effective there compared with Robertson. Moreover, its his loss in the CM capacity which tells the most on us. Expect Hendo Fab and Gini in there then. Hopefully Hendo remains lifted from his bluster-buss game at Southampton.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
2-0 Scott, are you serious? 6-0 more like it will take the pressure off
Think the stain of starting these match threads is starting to take its toll on you with these sensible match predictions.

GaryC

I wonder if Gomez is ready to come in for Robertson. He played left back when he first joined.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Even though I've paid for flights to Barcelona, this game is so much less important in my mind than Chelsea on Sunday.
Nowhere near as important as any of the remaining league games.

Win, fine.
Rest players, lose but beat Chelsea, equally fine.

TheSweetSilverSong

I expect this to be nothing like last year. Hoping for a win, any win without conceding - ideally a 2-0, but 1-0 won't be a bad result either (anything more would be a welcome bonus).
The obligatory suspension of Robertson most probably means Milner on the left, which means TAA on the right. Otherwise, everyone else pick themselves in defence and attack, and it's about who to field in midfield. Wijnaldum in my opinion needs a serious rest in both this week's games, and since Milner will most probably feature in fullback, it leaves Fabinho-Henderson look like most possible starters, with the other slot up for grabs, be it Lallana or Keita that impress Klopp in the preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.