Pre match : Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
We go again. An ideal game really, Fulham have been leaking goals for fun, losing every week, Arsenal smashed in 5 on their ground, even the Bitters beat them 3-0, has to be 3 points doesn't it?

Would recall the captain but am thinking he won't be ready to start so would give more game time to Fabinho and I would play Naby if possible, one thing is for sure, changes need to be made to our engine room, hoping to see a very attacking side, hopefully Naby will be ready.Milner and Wijnaldum could do with a rest. No Matip or Lallana please Jurgen :well done:

............................Becker.....................
Trent........Gomez.......... Virgil.......Robertson
........................... Fabinho..........................
.......... Keita. ....................... Shaqiri...............
Salah...................... Firmino...............Mane

I predict a home win , clean sheet. 5-0.

Last edited:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Becker
TAA Gomez VvD Robbo
Fabinho
Keita Henderson
Shaqiri Firmino Woodburn/Origi

Mane and Salah get to see the bench for that steaming pile of crap they served up in Belgrade

Attack. Score goals

santana

time to start 343 new play style
Alisson
Gomez Vvd Robertson
Keita Fabinho Gini Shaqiri
Salah Firmino Mane
do not complicate things
play simple !

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Need a reaction here, and we can then use the international break to shake it off.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson
Fabinho
Shaqiri Keita
Mane Firmino Salah
The decisions:

Central defence - I’ve said this before, but we have to play and stick with Van Dijk and Gomez. Matip, as we saw last night, is not up to it. Lovren is better, but can’t be relied on for fitness. If Gomez is the prodigy everyone seem to think he is, then you have to invest in that. He should not be used at full back.

I’m a believer that you don’t fuck about with your centre halves, especially if you’re playing a pair. If Trent needs to rest, then you can look at Clyne, Camacho, or even Milner or Fabinho. If they aren’t good enough, you have to go to the market.

Midfield. I’ve changed all three, but I do think that Fabinho and Keita need to be properly bedded in now. Shaqiri also deserves a proper run in the side.

I love Milner and Gini, but they look very, very tired right now. Henderson would benefit from getting a few minutes and then use the break to get himself right.

Playing Fab, Shaq and Naby, also gives us the ability to seemlessly transition into a 4231 if we’re struggling.

Front three. I don’t really see what option we have but to play them and give them time to find their rhythm again.

Noo Noo

Need a reaction here, and we can then use the international break to shake it off.

Alisson
Fabinho
Shaqiri Keita
Mane Firmino Salah
The decisions:

Central defence - I’ve said this before, but we have to play and stick with Van Dijk and Gomez. Matip, as we saw last night, is not up to it. Lovren is better, but can’t be relied on for fitness. If Gomez is the prodigy everyone seem to think he is, then you have to invest in that. He should not be used at full back.

I’m a believer that you don’t fuck about with your centre halves, especially if you’re playing a pair. If Trent needs to rest, then you can look at Clyne, Camacho, or even Milner or Fabinho. If they aren’t good enough, you have to go to the market.

Midfield. I’ve changed all three, but I do think that Fabinho and Keita need to be properly bedded in now. Shaqiri also deserves a proper run in the side.

I love Milner and Gini, but they look very, very tired right now. Henderson would benefit from getting a few minutes and then use the break to get himself right.

Playing Fab, Shaq and Naby, also gives us the ability to seemlessly transition into a 4231 if we’re struggling.

Front three. I don’t really see what option we have but to play them and give them time to find their rhythm again.
I welcome a change in midfield but doubt it will happen to the extent you've shown.

Up front I think Klopp needs to tweak things tactically. This Firmino deep, Salah and Mane ahead as a central pair isn't working for me. These two thrive when they have space. Asking them to play in tight areas with their back to goal just isn't delivering and Firmino just cant find his feet in the game.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren

Alisson
Fabinho
Shaqiri Keita
Mane Firmino Salah
The decisions:

Agreed on all counts.

But, unfortunately, as I said the other day, I think our malaise runs deeper than just the personnel. And as Buvac returning looks highly unlikely, I hope Klopp and his team are able to replace what he brought in terms of coaching our pressing game asap.

kwala

TIA Regular
Agree with Mascot on the line up. Time for Fabinho and Keita to step up. Shaqiri should be the first name on the team sheet as well.

Its just a shame that we have absolutely no cover for the front 3 that fit in to how we play, as id bench all 3. None deserve to be gauranteed starting positions on their underwhelming displays this season. Sturridge needs to play in a different system, and Origi is just not progressibg at all. Probably time to start looking at putting a u21 on the bench, and looking at transfers to give us attacking options. Are Mo, Sadio and Bobby to comfortable? They are gauranteed starts no matter how they perform. They need dropping. Not rested, DROPPED,. But, they also need competition.

Its amazing how we transformed our leaky defence, and now our midfield and attack are appalling. If last seasons attack showed up, we'd be flying. We have been poor all season. 4 times we conceded 1st, we have lost 3 and scraped a 90th minute draw with a Sturridge worldie. 3 months ive been thinking we'll click soon, and here we are in November still struggling. January window can't come quickly enough.

Barry O'Connor

Agree with Mascot on the line up. Time for Fabinho and Keita to step up. Shaqiri should be the first name on the team sheet as well.

Its just a shame that we have absolutely no cover for the front 3 that fit in to how we play, as id bench all 3. None deserve to be gauranteed starting positions on their underwhelming displays this season. Sturridge needs to play in a different system, and Origi is just not progressibg at all. Probably time to start looking at putting a u21 on the bench, and looking at transfers to give us attacking options. Are Mo, Sadio and Bobby to comfortable? They are gauranteed starts no matter how they perform. They need dropping. Not rested, DROPPED,. But, they also need competition.

Its amazing how we transformed our leaky defence, and now our midfield and attack are appalling. If last seasons attack showed up, we'd be flying. We have been poor all season. 4 times we conceded 1st, we have lost 3 and scraped a 90th minute draw with a Sturridge worldie. 3 months ive been thinking we'll click soon, and here we are in November still struggling. January window can't come quickly enough.
The worrying thing is I don't think he'll spend in January. He's convinced by this team. If the attack fails to click then it will be a struggle for the second half of the season.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Fulham are admittedly a mess in defence, but can play football and have dangerous players in their ranks. Underestimate them as our lads underestimated Red Star Belgrade yesterday night, and this will end in tears as well.

I'd go with a 433. Put Fabinho behind Shaqiri and Keita (if fit). The usual forward three. In defence, Gomez belongs alongside VVD in the central defence, with Clyne hopefully being able to put pressure on Trent for the RB berth, and Robertson on the other side.

But more than the formation or the personnel, it's the mentality which needs to be right for that one. A big, big, big reaction is needed, from everyone and that includes Klopp. There is strictly no excuse not to perform after that horror show in Belgrade.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I would start TAA, he needs a confidence builder after being shipped last night.
Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri in midfield. Gini Milner Hendo on the bench.
Usual suspects up front with orders to work like last season, no repenting.
@ Semmy
How can you contemplate Origi in a starting eleven. Mane with a leg in plaster would be more effective.

jaffod

Anything less than 3 points here will be a fucking disaster and will imo tell me we are enduring another false dawn. We need to fucking hammer these like everyone else has been hammering them, 90 minutes of relentless attack, no tippy-tappy flicks and back-heels in the final third, show some fucking conviction for a change, as Bob Paisley said "put the ball in the net and we'll talk about it later". Maybe they'll have learned something from that fucking lump who scored twice last night, sometimes it might be an idea to put your foot through it and see what happens.
Trent (or even Milner), VVD, Gomez and Robbo.
Just the one defensive mid please Jurgen, either Hendo or the over-protected Fabinho. Keita and Shaqiri to complete the 3, if Shaqiri doesn't start something is seriously fucking amiss.
Usual front 3 in the absence of any viable alternatives. All 3 need to sort themselves the fuck out to varying degrees with Salah the most obvious, take him off corners for a start and tell him to try and find a bloke wearing the same colour shirt. I'm not interested in how many goals he scored last season, he's been shite for months and needs to improve right now.
If these guys can't respond to what happened last night we might as well give up.

LaurazRed

The hopeful one
The worrying thing is I don't think he'll spend in January. He's convinced by this team. If the attack fails to click then it will be a struggle for the second half of the season.
I'm not sure he is totally convinced by the team at the moment, he seems happy with the league tally of 27 points but he has talked about being calmer and taking more chances in front of goal a lot already this season.

santana

please forget 433 for ever !
suppose you got the best 5 midfielders in the world with ordinary defenders and strikers so to get the best result is to pick 352 or 451 because your team power in midfield !
try to change play style and the sky will not fall if you tried and maybe you will discover a lot of power in your team wasted by fear !

jaffod

suppose you got the best 5 midfielders in the world with ordinary defenders and strikers so to get the best result is to pick 352 or 451 because your team power in midfield !
try to change play style and the sky will not fall if you tried and maybe you will discover a lot of power in your team wasted by fear !
Football doesn't work like that. If it did Corrupt City would be playing 1-8-1.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I think we need to get used to the idea that formations don’t mean that much. Practically there isn’t a massive amount of difference between a 433, a 4231 and a 4411. Players run about, generally.

jaffod

I think we need to get used to the idea that formations don’t mean that much. Practically there isn’t a massive amount of difference between a 433, a 4231 and a 4411. Players run about, generally.
Read a post match thread on here, like after we conceded a goal to Cardiff, and it appears some of our fans have difficulty understanding that.

Redopium

A big win needed to cheer me up after last night, Robertson could have a rest for this, Fulham have been leaking goals so for fun so the points should be a formality.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Really don’t give a shit what formation, selection or tactics for this one. Its up to Klopp to sort things out and pull off a convincing win after last night.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
The best team possible considering our squad, imo:

4-4-2/4-2-3-1

Alisson; Arnold, Gomez, VVD, Robertson; Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita, Mané; Firms and Salah

Both Fabinho and Keita are much more used to a double pivot system and although I don't like Firmino in the 10/second striker position, I think it's the best way to help Salah.

No time to rest players, we must start with the best we have.

santana

you means no team play 343 ?
well the idea is simple would you prefer matip or trent in defender line or shaqiri in midfield ?
i said it befor 3 players ( gomez vvd robertson/lovren ) more than enough in defenders line and the real battle in midfield so use more than 3 of the best players to control midfield and cover defenders weakness !
and do not say 4231 or 433 is the only play style in football so test a new style in fulham match and if you afraid to lose this match then you should seek for better level not a champion title !

FilthyBloke

With the Fulham manager being Serbian, I wonder if Shaqiri will be rested again, so not to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Personally I’d start origi up top. Firmino and sturridge are not really deserving of a place right now.

What’s happened to solanke? Is he injured?

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Agreed on all counts.

But, unfortunately, as I said the other day, I think our malaise runs deeper than just the personnel. And as Buvac returning looks highly unlikely, I hope Klopp and his team are able to replace what he brought in terms of coaching our pressing game asap.
I can't shake this thought lately either, but I don't know to what extent it was just planted in my head by baseless speculation and how much of it is substantiated.

There's no way that Klopp would have made it this far if it was really just Buvac being the puppet-master, right? And why would Buvac not have just established himself as a manager in his own right?

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
With the Fulham manager being Serbian, I wonder if Shaqiri will be rested again, so not to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Personally I’d start origi up top. Firmino and sturridge are not really deserving of a place right now.

What’s happened to solanke? Is he injured?

I’m guessing the FA or even UEFA will intervene ...... :well done:

Status
Not open for further replies.