Pre match : Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
It was offside. Technically yes, but I think you still need a bit of luck to get such a marginal call go your way even if it is correct. We have become very good at that offside trap though. It is shocking how often we are catching professional footballers on first or second balls.
Indeed. But the commentators now calling for VAR are bonkers. VAR just confirms it was offside.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I keep getting flashbacks to BR's first season ( pre Coutinho and Sturidge ). Playing position football, no creativity whatsoever, boring.

I understand the logic of the 4-2-3-1, and I really doubt this is what Klopp is trying to get, but this system has basicaly nullified the pressing game, made Firmino disappear, and our counter attack has became a Salah one man charge.

Alright Now

Did the linesman flag...yes...did the ref take notice...yes...instead of standing with your arms in the air appealing.... you should have been concentrating...until VAR...play to the refs indications....
Best analysis thus far. Thank you.

Danny_

Did the linesman flag...yes...did the ref take notice...yes...instead of standing with your arms in the air appealing.... you should have been concentrating...until VAR...play to the refs indications....
Yes, it was offside.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
After 15 rough minutes, Fulham did press the ball better than we did that first half. Disturbing.

kwala

TIA Regular
As someone wrote on the BBC sport pages, "If we had VAR, liverpool wouldn't have scored that goal!". The ref got the decision right, mitrovic was offside, we launched a quick break and scored on the counter. If VAR checks were going on, there would not have been a fast break or goal!

We have been poor again, let's just get the 3 points and move on.

Dave-D

Micheal Owen said he was offside on BT sport so he must’ve been offside lol

Wilkored08

I do think at times Shaq's a bit greedy or trying to hard...I know he wants to score, but doesn't everyone in the team..

Alright Now

I keep getting flashbacks to BR's first season ( pre Coutinho and Sturidge ). Playing position football, no creativity whatsoever, boring.

I understand the logic of the 4-2-3-1, and I really doubt this is what Klopp is trying to get, but this system has basicaly nullified the pressing game, made Firmino disappear, and our counter attack has became a Salah one man charge.
When that happens, go to the table and take a look at GA.

T.C.B

Hard to be happy with that so far, being ahead is the only real positive I think. At least Mo looked lively and finished well when he got the chance.
Can't understand what has happened to Firmino, he still looks miles from his best.

Herb

I can't accept the fact that our pressing has disappeared.
That was klopps blueprint for success.
Our mid and attack poor correlation. Only shaquiri looks lively.
Wijanldum again has gone into his shell. Like fabinho as he is doing a decent no.6.
We had 75% possession in that half, probably why there isn’t much pressing given that ya know, we have the ball.

T.C.B

The high straight balls are giving VVD trouble. First time I can remember him struggling in the air.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Shaq pulling a sterling.....very poor from salah

Dave-D

Firmino keeps coming to deep for my liking and leaving Salah with 3 defenders

C

Caradoc

What is it with all of these poor first touches ...... the lads have had plenty of time to work on this and sort it out by now. Very, very poor.

Last season, I rushed to the toilet and back during a match; this season I just take my time because its not like I’m likely to miss much.

Briiliant save from their keeper there ......

Status
Not open for further replies.