• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre match : Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commando

Ad-free Member
That’s it! Klopp’s English isn’t advanced enough yet to include ‘dipsy doodles’ so he hasn’t been able to tell Mo to stop dipsy doodling before he tries to fire off a shot.

You’ve solved it! :well done:

lol
Using Google translate fron English to German Dipsy doodles = Dipsy doodles. From German to Arabic Dipsy doodles = Al-shaarat.

Anybody got Jurgen's number? Let him know. :well done:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
try this
Alisson
Gomez Vvd Robertson
Fabinho Gini Keita Shaqiri
Salah Firmino Mane
You want to play Robertson - whose main weapon is his tireless ability to get up the pitch and deliver wicked crosses - as a centre half?

Each to their own, I suppose.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
You want to play Robertson - whose main weapon is his tireless ability to get up the pitch and deliver wicked crosses - as a centre half?

It’s a good way to get four into midfield.

I think Santana wants that to happen by the way

Red Eyes

Can't stretch as far as wanting United to win, but a draw in the derby would be helpful, especially if Bournemouth and Watford win to put United out of the top seven. Good point made earlier about Shaq. The Fulham match is a perfect one for him to start. He is well rested, wasn't involved in the RSB embarrassment, can remind the front three that there is competition for places, and is probably chomping at the bit. If he doesn't start, I'd begin to wonder if Klopp truly values him. I'm going for a 4-1 with Shaq to get two

ptt

2020, head of the table.
From the BBC reporting on today’s press conference:

Manager Jurgen Klopp says Jordan Henderson, Naby Keita and Joe Gomez are all available for Fulham.

Right, full strength, 433 with Hendo Keita and Shaq in midfield. Defence picks itself and our quicksilver trident upfront. I absolutely believe we might hit double figures. Proper red annihilation. About time :-)

Dave-D

Don’t know if he’s been injured but I’d have Clyne at RB with Gomez at CB along side VVD as TAA needs a rest.

Midfield three of Keita if fit, Fabinho and Shaqiri.

Front three stay the same but with Firmino leaving the line and not dropping deep so Mane and Salah have to stay on the wings.

A performance is essential after mid week and the Arsenal game but Fulham won’t be a pushover especially if the manager is under pressure.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
All players available apart from Ox, first time this season (3 months in).

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
That’s it! Klopp’s English isn’t advanced enough yet to include ‘dipsy doodles’ so he hasn’t been able to tell Mo to stop dipsy doodling before he tries to fire off a shot.

You’ve solved it! :well done:

lol
:well done:

lol

LaurazRed

Can't stretch as far as wanting United to win, but a draw in the derby would be helpful, especially if Bournemouth and Watford win to put United out of the top seven. Good point made earlier about Shaq. The Fulham match is a perfect one for him to start. He is well rested, wasn't involved in the RSB embarrassment, can remind the front three that there is competition for places, and is probably chomping at the bit. If he doesn't start, I'd begin to wonder if Klopp truly values him. I'm going for a 4-1 with Shaq to get two
If it helps us in in the long term I'd take a Utd win. City are so dominant though I don't think they'll drop points unless Utd have a faultless performance.

Red over the water

I feel dirty for saying it, but I want a Man Utd win. The amount of points Man City will drop this season will probably be minimal. A match against Man Utd is one of the chances where it might happen.

Whatever the result, there is a silver lining for us. A draw and a title rival and a top four rival both drop points. A Man Utd win means there’s an opening to go back to the top of the Prem. A Man City win will add to the juggernaut, but if Liverpool fans can’t smile at a Man Utd loss, football has truly gone barmy!

santana

433 is not bad formation and it is one of good play style but you do not need it and you do not need robertson to attack and firmino to defend because 343 give you better result with less effort !
when you got the best goalkeeper ,best defenderd, best midfielders , best deadly trio then you are winning games by the best players not by the best plan !
try to change things and maybe you discover that 343 is the best style !

Flobs

FADA

In such a formation both Gomez and Robertson would have some very difficult decisions to make so as just keep a balance. The person who is suggesting this hasn't thought it through as he feels it would automatically give balance but it just wouldn't. It is a very difficult system to play and get the right balance as having 3 cbs fixed in those positions just takes a player away from the midfield it does not add a player to midfeild. As we are with 433 our full backs contribute a lot to the midfield as does Mané and Firmino. Whether you like their contribution is another arguement. :-)

santana

suppose you got 5 roads
442 451 352 433 343
and you want to take the best road which is the short simple comfortable road and you took 433 so is it the best road ?
then why liverpool struggled against low level teams ?
red star arsenal huddersfield brighton
so there is a problem !
i love klopp and i think he is a great coach but he think the trophy is everything and without trophy there is nothing but he is wrong because we love liverpool and we love the deadly trio and all squad with or without trophy so make us happy with the performance because winning trophy without good performance is like cheating !
try 343 against fulham with ( shaqiri keita gini fabinho ) and if it didn't work you can return to 433 !

Flobs

FADA
suppose you got 5 roads
442 451 352 433 343
and you want to take the best road which is the short simple comfortable road and you took 433 so is it the best road ?
then why liverpool struggled against low level teams ?
red star arsenal huddersfield brighton
so there is a problem !
i love klopp and i think he is a great coach but he think the trophy is everything and without trophy there is nothing but he is wrong because we love liverpool and we love the deadly trio and all squad with or without trophy so make us happy with the performance because winning trophy without good performance is like cheating !
try 343 against fulham with ( shaqiri keita gini fabinho ) and if it didn't work you can return to 433 !
Are you Brendan Rodgers? :J
I just don't feel you can chop and change like that. If your going to play 343 you need to get the squad up to it, in preseason perhaps. Just flinging them out there just to see if it works against Fulham would look a bit silly.
We have seen the preveliged formations for this season they are 433, 4231 and 4411 all of which suit our manager and our players Oh! we also got a wiff of 3 perhaps a 3142? against Red star so perhaps your on to some thing. :-)

OCred

This is actually borderline racism.

Imagine if I said this about Africans, Palestinians or Jews?...

One rule for some, another for the others
No it is not racism you knob. Ask yourself why was Shaq not taken there to begin with , given he is not injured, because of issues relating to whatever their rift is over there. You are simply trying to stir up shit when none is needed. Your logic is flawed. You sound like some of these ultra liberals in the US where everything is racism, sexism, and the like. You are not the morality police and should get off your high horse. A lot of those Eastern European countries have some serious issues and have been banned periodically.

Unbelievable, that you would take this position and be dumb enough to even comment on it. Unless you are Serbian and that is why you took offense, in which case if that is the case, then you are the one with the problem.

When was the last time a football team didn’t take a player on purpose to a country for fear of his well being.

Drop it before you embarrass yourself further. There was no outright offense and you smack of one of these people here on TIA who like to be overly critical of any kind of commentary.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Very much looking forward to Redbj's reply here :J

Redsi73

VVD and Gomez in defence...........rest in midfield and attack..........what could go wrong?

10-0

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
'Those people are not known for civility.'

For those of us who remember the conflict in Yugoslavia (and for that matter the way that the chief proponents are still regarded as heroes)that doesn't seem like such a wild statement.

Anyway I just wanna see our two new midfielders on the pitch at the same time. It's long overdue.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
One bookie has got Fulham at 30/1 ! That must be close to a record for a Premiership game. However if we lose then you can bet everything you own that there will be an absolute meltdown on here. In that highly unlikely scenario, I predict somebody will be saying Klopp out within minutes of the final whistle. My money is on 1.0 to us in a nervous scrappy encounter.

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I feel dirty for saying it, but I want a Man Utd win. The amount of points Man City will drop this season will probably be minimal. A match against Man Utd is one of the chances where it might happen.

Whatever the result, there is a silver lining for us. A draw and a title rival and a top four rival both drop points. A Man Utd win means there’s an opening to go back to the top of the Prem. A Man City win will add to the juggernaut, but if Liverpool fans can’t smile at a Man Utd loss, football has truly gone barmy!
I am going to swallow hard and hope for a Man Utd win. Feels so wrong but needs must.

santana

pick your 11 player from the greatest football legends of all time !
do you think they need a plan to beat any team ?
they even don't need a coach !
so if they can play 433
they can play 343

Flobs

FADA
pick your 11 player from the greatest football legends of all time !
do you think they need a plan to beat any team ?
they even don't need a coach !
so if they can play 433
they can play 343
If they were up against the next greatest 11 football lengends yes they would need a plan.
If they were up against me and my mates well even an under 11 team from some little french village could beat us. lol

OCred

Furthermore redbj, you forget that the opposing coach or whomever threatened and warned that bringing Shaq to Belgrade would not be a good idea,.

Also, u simply took one sentence out of my post and took it out of context of what I was communicating which was the sentiment that Klopp goofed with his line up.

I live in the states and am sick of a society that pretty much restricts any kind of slight of comment and labels it this or that and attacks the person/s and brands them.

You are creating political commentary on a football fan thread.
Can we keep the Shaqiri nonsense out of this thread please guys? It's spoiling the thread and its most definitely off-topic.
I agree, Redbj started this bullshit. I was just making football comments and issues with our play and line up, and he picked one sentence to crucify me with. Oh great, now someone will say thats sacrilegious.

Flobs

FADA
Furthermore redbj, you forget that the opposing coach or whomever threatened and warned that bringing Shaq to Belgrade would not be a good idea,.

Also, u simply took one sentence out of my post and took it out of context of what I was communicating which was the sentiment that Klopp goofed with his line up.

I live in the states and am sick of a society that pretty much restricts any kind of slight of comment and labels it this or that and attacks the person/s and brands them.

You are creating political commentary on a football fan thread.

I agree, Redbj started this bullshit. I was just making football comments and issues with our play and line up, and he picked one sentence to crucify me with. Oh great, now someone will say thats sacrilegious.
Tbf your OP did come over badly and you compounded it with your initial reply.
Your comments were political and yes we are on a football fan thread.
So let's stick to football then.

Herb

Alisson
Gomez Lovren VVD Robertson
Fabinho Henderson
Salah Shaqiri Mané
Firmino

Not really sure how I’d line up, can easily convince myself that Milner, Wijnaldum and Keita could all be worth starting. If Lovren and Henderson are fit then I’d start both. Would start Fabinho in the hope that he puts in a good performance and isn’t left with the memory of the Arsenal game fresh in his mind for another two weeks. Maybe could make a case for resting Firmino and using Keita as the advanced midfielder with Salah up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.