Pre match : Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
No it is not racism you knob. Ask yourself why was Shaq not taken there to begin with , given he is not injured, because of issues relating to whatever their rift is over there. You are simply trying to stir up shit when none is needed. Your logic is flawed. You sound like some of these ultra liberals in the US where everything is racism, sexism, and the like. You are not the morality police and should get off your high horse. A lot of those Eastern European countries have some serious issues and have been banned periodically.

Unbelievable, that you would take this position and be dumb enough to even comment on it. Unless you are Serbian and that is why you took offense, in which case if that is the case, then you are the one with the problem.

When was the last time a football team didn’t take a player on purpose to a country for fear of his well being.

Drop it before you embarrass yourself further. There was no outright offense and you smack of one of these people here on TIA who like to be overly critical of any kind of commentary.

I’m a bit worried about replying to this as fuckers like you are crazy, and certainly not known for your civility.

I will say though, i wish I lived in a world as black and white as you, where right is right and wrong is wrong.

I’m not Serbian, but a kid at work is, he grew up in Serbia being bombed the fuck out of by the American military.....I suppose he was asking for it as a nine year old? For the worlds most powerful military to level his town?

I’m not suggesting Serbian aggression is not an issue....or that Albanians we’re not victims of horrendous crimes...hell, I’m not even suggesting there ISNT an element of Serbian supporters who would action some terrible retribution on Shaqiri.....

....but to question their civility? To call those ‘fuckers’ all crazy....that’s a sweeping statement about a complete ethnic group.

Italians come to LFC and stab our fan, we throw rocks at a team bus, the history of English football is littered with violence, Shaqiri made extremely provocative gestures the last time he was on the field against a Serbian team.

Lastly, I’ve reported your post becuase, as I said above, it lacked civility and you sounded like a crazy fucker.

Happy to discuss things, not happy to be abused.

redbj

Furthermore redbj, you forget that the opposing coach or whomever threatened and warned that bringing Shaq to Belgrade would not be a good idea,.

Also, u simply took one sentence out of my post and took it out of context of what I was communicating which was the sentiment that Klopp goofed with his line up.

I live in the states and am sick of a society that pretty much restricts any kind of slight of comment and labels it this or that and attacks the person/s and brands them.

You are creating political commentary on a football fan thread.

I agree, Redbj started this bullshit. I was just making football comments and issues with our play and line up, and he picked one sentence to crucify me with. Oh great, now someone will say thats sacrilegious.

I took one sentence out of your post becuase I had an issue with it, I didn’t take it out of context of the post, I didn’t remove surrounding paragraphs that further explained your position on the matter.

Also, you reference you live in America....quite arrogant of you to suggest that becuase your sick of liberal society, that an English football forum should be considerate of your position based on over exposure to liberal views.

Finally, do you not feel a bit uneasy about claiming Serbians lack civility and are crazy fuckers....looking in your own backyard, and then looking at what the American military has done to certain regions in the world?

Yet Serbians in a time of peace, are called crazy fuckers?....stones? Glass houses?

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
They been leaking goals, we been struggling to score. Sounds like a boring, nervy, struggle to secure a 1-0 win. I predict a solid defense with a wobbly right wheel, a boring and functional midfield that could literally cause narcolepsy, mixed with a severely underperforming attack that reminds me of erectile dysfunction commercials. Throw in a few substitutions that either have a tremendous effect, or just add to the mediocrity on the field.

A guaranteed 5-0 win.

OCred

I took one sentence out of your post becuase I had an issue with it, I didn’t take it out of context of the post, I didn’t remove surrounding paragraphs that further explained your position on the matter.

Also, you reference you live in America....quite arrogant of you to suggest that becuase your sick of liberal society, that an English football forum should be considerate of your position based on over exposure to liberal views.

Finally, do you not feel a bit uneasy about claiming Serbians lack civility and are crazy fuckers....looking in your own backyard, and then looking at what the American military has done to certain regions in the world?

Yet Serbians in a time of peace, are called crazy fuckers?....stones? Glass houses?
No, you are simply being defensive and displaying your obstinance. Scott Jones calls people all sorts of names as do some others, but no, you go and make political hay out of nothing. My point about US society was more of a reflection of the touchy feely world we now live in where a seemingly benign comment is made into a bid deal. Get over it and drop it. You are the one who took unnecessary offense and twisted it into racism over nothing, Over nothing. Now you are arguing an indefensible position and making further uneducated statements.

I have no quarrel with you. I have absolutely no interest in this discussion. I am not a history professor and have no interest in political commentary. This was football, and I certainly am quite circumspect with my wordings if you were to review any of my previous posts. Calling those folks crazy fuckers or bastards, or anything to that effect, is not inflammatory as you made a federal case of. A lot of posters refer quite often to our opposition sometimes with profanity, which none of us mind.

And since you brought nationality into the picture, I will tell you I am Armenian, and having been a former republic of the Soviet Union, I in fact have some direct knowledge of crazy fuckers and lack of civility associated with former eastern block nations.

lastly redbj, you can say whatever you want, but I am finished with this. You want to get me banned, knock yourself out. I will not respond to you or your posts ever.

redbj

Good o then you crazy fucker.

C

Caradoc

......... And since you brought nationality into the picture, I will tell you I am Armenian, and having been a former republic of the Soviet Union, I in fact have some direct knowledge of crazy fuckers and lack of civility associated with former eastern block nations.

lastly redbj, you can say whatever you want, but I am finished with this. You want to get me banned, knock yourself out. I will not respond to you or your posts ever.

Good. Can we get back to the topic of the thread now ...... (without the personal insults) ....... ?

Oh and Serbia isn’t/wasn’t an Eastern Bloc country (nor was Yugoslavia). ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony walker

Hendo Milner Gini best midfield in prem and Europe last season .
Certainly got our top 3 ripping teams apart .
Ok Hendo is not 100 % match fit .
But Sunday’s match crying out for him .bring nabi on for him mid second half .
Get us back on track .
Unbeaten in the league ,get some confidence back .
4-0 thrashing

santana

ok
you know better than parreira !
and if you sure that 433 is the best play style then try this :
alisson
fabinho gomez vvd robertson
keita gini shaqiri
salah firmino mane

7th Earl

So this has been an interesting read.

Where is Professor Jordan B Peterson when you need him?

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I live in the states and am sick of a society that pretty much restricts any kind of slight of comment and labels it this or that and attacks the person/s and brands them.
Ooop. Triggered.

I'll be curious to see what @Nikola has to say about your comments. I mean, he's only Montenegrin, is a nice enough bloke, and generally doesn't get overly riled up but there's always an exception to be made.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
No, you are simply being defensive and displaying your obstinance. Scott Jones calls people all sorts of names as do some others, but no, you go and make political hay out of nothing. My point about US society was more of a reflection of the touchy feely world we now live in where a seemingly benign comment is made into a bid deal. Get over it and drop it. You are the one who took unnecessary offense and twisted it into racism over nothing, Over nothing. Now you are arguing an indefensible position and making further uneducated statements.

I have no quarrel with you. I have absolutely no interest in this discussion. I am not a history professor and have no interest in political commentary. This was football, and I certainly am quite circumspect with my wordings if you were to review any of my previous posts. Calling those folks crazy fuckers or bastards, or anything to that effect, is not inflammatory as you made a federal case of. A lot of posters refer quite often to our opposition sometimes with profanity, which none of us mind.

And since you brought nationality into the picture, I will tell you I am Armenian, and having been a former republic of the Soviet Union, I in fact have some direct knowledge of crazy fuckers and lack of civility associated with former eastern block nations.

I have to say, I think your comments on this have been well over the top. You phrased your position poorly, and when this was called out you’ve gone into hyper aggressive attack mode.

If this argument has run it course then great. But watch your tone next time, please.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
I have a bit of a soft spot for Fulham. Used to go and watch them when I visited an Uncle who lived 100 yards from Craven Cottage back in the 70's. Good times!
That being said I want a comfortable 3-0 lead at half time and another 3 in the second half!

Flobs

FADA
I have a bit of a soft spot for Fulham. Used to go and watch them when I visited an Uncle who lived 100 yards from Craven Cottage back in the 70's. Good times!
That being said I want a comfortable 3-0 lead at half time and another 3 in the second half!
Craven Cottage always makes me think of a ploughed field. :-)

OCred

I have to say, I think your comments on this have been well over the top. You phrased your position poorly, and when this was called out you’ve gone into hyper aggressive attack mode.

If this argument has run it course then great. But watch your tone next time, please.
No problem. Please remove/ delete/ or whatever my account.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
This thread is becoming ridiculous :rolleyes:

Getting back to the game I hope we see a midfield of Hendo ,Keita and Shaq. If Naby can't turn it on in this game then you have to start wondering if he is as good as what most of us thought he was gonna be? Maybe he and Fabinho are having problems because of the language barrier? By all accounts their English is almost non-existent.

Last edited:

Sweeting

Hopefully an enjoyable win for us.

If Man City win every game this season and win the title then good luck to them. I'm already sick of whinging about whether or not we beat teams by enough goals to challenge City across the season.

City are an all time great side, probably the best XI we have ever seen in England. Beating them to the title would be likely the biggest single achievement in the clubs history and therefore cannot be the benchmark of success.

Enjoy the games. Enjoy the fact we have gone 11 straight unbeaten inc fixtures against City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Let's keep winning and see what happens but for God's sake stop complaining about GD.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
If the Der Spiegel investigation into City finances proves correct and factual, and lands on a desk that actually cares about rules and financial regulations, City may be punished.
If there are rules to play by you cannot be arrogant enough to blatantly flaunt them, in business or sport or life.

If they are punished, the best side that doesnt cheat will win the league. Focussing on how good they are is self defeating, so from this week on Liverpool have to get every gear in motion to be the best they can be. In this so called slump we are unbeaten in the league, whilst still looking a little tired and ponderous at times.
Time to focus on Salah, not Silva, or Keita and not De Bruyne.
A good hammering of Fulham will be like a cough mixture to help spit out the tiredness shown in some instances.
Concentrate on red. Fuck blue of all shades.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
I feel dirty for saying it, but I want a Man Utd win. The amount of points Man City will drop this season will probably be minimal. A match against Man Utd is one of the chances where it might happen.

Whatever the result, there is a silver lining for us. A draw and a title rival and a top four rival both drop points. A Man Utd win means there’s an opening to go back to the top of the Prem. A Man City win will add to the juggernaut, but if Liverpool fans can’t smile at a Man Utd loss, football has truly gone barmy!
I don't see United as a threat this season and City is our main rivals for the title so the answer is obvious to me. Is it realistic? probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.