Pre-Match: Liverpool v. Fulham (Sat, 9/11 at 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhYaBeauty

Home match against one of the league's poorer sides. If we come away from this with anything other than three points, it'll have been a poor day. I'd like to see:

Given Gerrard might be out due to injury, Cissokho has been shit, and Johnson should be back from injury, I'd go with:

We need Agger back in the side, and Skrtel for me has been boss in that central role. So either Toure or Sakho yields. For me, it's Sakho for balance issues. Gerrard hasn't done particularly well recently and might be injured anyway. If Enrique is back, he plays. If not, we either have to do some fancy shuffling to get Johnson on the left or [shudder] play Cissokho.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Gerrard might be out due to injury? Where did you read/hear this, mate?

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
3 points is a must, no excuses. We should go all out and slaughter this mediocre Fulham side and do our goal difference a world of good to keep us in the top 4. December is a tough set of fixtures so anything apart from a defeat this month will take a lot of weight off our shoulders.

Prediction: 4:0 (Suarez x2, Sturridge, Hendo).

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
OhYaBeauty said:
If that is true and Allen gets the nod partnering Lucas, I know some in twitter will have their wet dreams come true....

Not only do I want us to take all 3, but I want us to control the game and win it convincingly from start to finish. None of that game of two halves or retreat after 25 minutes if we don't score.

lovepool

Definitely time go to a back four again. It is the best formstion defensively in the long term. It is just so much easier for defenders positionally and it is easier to know who you are marking.

If Allen if fit I would also start him as if we cannot try something new against Fulham then when can we?

433 Mignolet Johnson Sakho Agger Enrique--Lucas Gerrard/Henderson Allen-Coutinho Suarez Sturridge.

Bit harsh on Skrtel and Toure we can rotate with the quality of Agger to come in

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
It's been 10 games now and we have important people like Glen and Coutinho back (hopefully Enrique as well, maybe after the international break). Finally able to field our best side more.

Time to start pushing up the back line more in the coming games and get out of our box for once this season (especially if we go back to 4 at the back, and in that case Agger especially needs to return) and be more compact as a team.

If we continue to play so deep, even if we had Arturo Vidal in midfield it wouldn't help us that much.

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
I can see toure getting dropped for this one - he wasnt at his best against his old club - so perhaps agger to come in...that's if he keeps the same formation - otherwise, if a 442, then the 2 cbs would probably be skrtel and sakho - neither have done much wrong this season and deserve to keep playing.... probably the same with toure, he has been excellent, but thinking a rest could do him good as he looked a bit tired in places on saturday...
I'd like to see Alberto come into the equation also, though think he'll just go with Allen, so with a midfield cm 3 of lucas, henderson and allen...the 3 ones who get the most flack - should be interesting!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Zoran said:
It's been 10 games now and we have important people like Glen and Coutinho back (hopefully Enrique as well, maybe after the international break). Finally able to field our best side more.

Time to start pushing up the back line more in the coming games and get out of our box for once this season (especially if we go back to 4 at the back, and in that case Agger especially needs to return) and be more compact as a team.

If we continue to play so deep, even if we had Arturo Vidal in midfield it wouldn't help us that much.
So, you are advocating to take out Skrtel and replace him with Agger, mate?

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
I would revert to a flat back four for this one and re-introduce a few of our proper passing footballers, Coutinho, Allen and DAgger. Can't play a 3-5-2 effectively without decent wing backs.

Would drop Toure and the captain, both were extremely off the pace last time out, we need to freshen things up.

..............................................Mignolet..............................
Johnson....................Skrtel....................DAgger..........................Sahko
................................................Lucas....................................................
..................................Allen....................Henderson.........................
..............................................Coutinho................................................
................Suarez...........................................Sturridge......................

That should be more than enough to comfortably beat the Cottagers.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
I'd go with (4-2-2-2):

Mignolet​
Hendo Skrtel Sakho Glen(if fit)​
Allen (Gerrard, if fit) Lucas​
Coutinho Moses​
Sturridge Suarez​
LB/LWB is still a problem area, but Glen can surely cover extremely well here. Still can't see Agger ousting Sakho, as of yet, myself. Hendo was very poor on Saturday in CM and he offers very little conviction (or threat) in attack ...but he actually did quite well at RB late-on. Kolo looked out of sorts Saturday, though he could also play RB. If SAS are kept quiet, you just need another threat though. Cou at the #10 and Moses for some attacking wing threat would be my wish to support SAS, with Glen (if fit) helping out as well.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Win by any margin please but control the game while doing it! I need to feel like we are able to dominate teams like Fulham. Thats what will help to get us top 4.

calel9

TIA Squad Member
My lineup

-----------------------Mignolet-----------------
mclaughlin------Agger-------Sakho-----Johnson
--------------------Henderson------------------
Moses------------Alberto/Allen----------Coutinho
-----------Sturridge------------Suarez-------------

Mclaughlin is 19, and with a stumbling fulham, we should use him. Cissokho hasnt been that good, and enrique is out.

Henderson has energy, great passing range, strength, stamina, technique, and works hard enough. not a DM but id take him over a lucas and gerrard who are really looking tired and out of form.

Moses and coutinho will link wee will link well with the two and for some reason, like like coutinho when he gets the wide left role. he has more space and gets to play deeper too which i think suits him.

subs you can guess

TheSweetSilverSong

I see that two halves between 3-4-1-2 and 4-4-2 sees more people abandon the former as the default, and put their belief on the latter.
I hope Rodgers will see that as well.

@Oh ya Beauty I hope it's really not the case with Gerrard.

Given that Kolo had two less good than usual games, and my belief that Sakho and Skrtel can't play as a CB duo courtesy of both of them needing a leader next to them, I'd gladly see Agger back in the team, with either of the two. Most preferably Sakho (because he was my man of the match vs Arsenal and has been improving, and I think we can play a higher line with these two but not with Skrtel. Wouldn't mind to see Agger and Skrtel as duo, either.

Agree also that our left backs' injuries (Enrique) and performances (Cissokho), as well as the opposition, suit the option of using McLaughlin.

I'd have:

------------Sturridge----Suarez----------

------------------Coutinho-----------------

--------Henderson-------Gerrard-------

-------------------Lucas--------------------

McLaughlin---------------------Johnson
---------------Sakho-----Agger-----------

------------------Mignolet------------------

bes

I'd like to see Glen @ LB instead of Cissohko and put Flanno/Toure @ RB. Keep Skrtel in CB and give Agger a run (Sakho wasnt all that good last week). Keep Lucas. Gerrard will most likely miss Fulham (hopefully for England too) put Hendo @ CM with Cou @ CAM. We need some width badly.

Mignolet
Flanno Skrtel Agger Johnson
Lucas Hendo Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge Moses

Sturridge as a CF and Suarez/Moses as wingers. Brendan needs to get them to back track too.

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
3 points against a Fulham side on an horrendous form seems like the least we can do before yet another boring international break (except for me, as France locks horns with Ukraine for the World Cup play-offs). anything else than 3 points and we're in for a major upset.

we've shown this season that we've been able to despatch such opposition (West Brom, Sunderland, Crystal Palace), hopefully Fulham won't be producing these "against all odds miracle wins" we've seen all too often in the past seasons.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Haven't seen a post I don't like in this thread yet. Forget 3-5-2, pretend it doesn't exist. Honestly would rather see Ilori or Kolo in a WB position than untested McLachlin or struggling Cissoko.

OhYaBeauty

cardiffpete said:
I'd go with (4-2-2-2):

Mignolet​
Hendo Skrtel Sakho Glen(if fit)​
Allen (Gerrard, if fit) Lucas​
Coutinho Moses​
Sturridge Suarez​
I really like that lineup, for a lot of reasons but I doubt there's really any likelihood of us using a Brazil-style 4-2-2-2 at any point this season under Rodgers. And if we did, I would wager that Moses would be on the right and Coutinho on the left.

I think this is a perfect match to try McLaughlin out in, whether that be as a fullback or a wingback. He's got to get a debut at some point and Fulham are downright poor at the moment. This should be his chance, with Glen on the left.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Semmy said:
Haven't seen a post I don't like in this thread yet. Forget 3-5-2, pretend it doesn't exist. Honestly would rather see Ilori or Kolo in a WB position than untested McLachlin or struggling Cissoko.
You'd rather see an 'untested' Ilori over an untested McLachlin? You obviously didn't watch the ressies tonight. Ilori is not anywhere near the first team yet......... I quite like the idea of Glen at LB and Hendo at Rb, but if gerrard is out that leaves us short of CM's so doubt that'll happen!

Herb

Dunno why but I have an irrational hatred for Fulham. I thoroughly expect us to completely dick them by 4 or 5 goals.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Herb said:
Dunno why but I have an irrational hatred for Fulham. I thoroughly expect us to completely dick them by 4 or 5 goals.
Because they have a shite squad, worst support in the league, I do like Craven Cottage though, proper old English ground none of that modern shit like the Emirates.

KelGerrard

TIA Reserve Team
Great chance to bounce back after the Arsenal defeat.If everyone is fit,would go with

Mignolet
Johnson Sktrel Agger Sakho Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge
SUBS:-Jones,Toure,Cissokho,Henderson,Allen,Sterling,Moses

Playing the same system as against West Brom but with Coutinho taking over from Henderson and letting Gerrard have licence to raid with Phillipe.Would reintroduce Agger and let him instigate attacks and then push up beside Lucas as our attack proceeds.A Centre back would have to make way so feel that Toure should sit this one out.
Hopefully Jol doesn't get the sack before saturday because Fulham are awful and don't need them getting up for this with O'Neill,say,in charge and getting some sort of superhuman response from them.

football.tiger

TIA Squad Member
Mignolet​
Johnson Skrtel Agger Sakho​
Lucas​
Allen Henderson​
Coutinho​
Suarez Sturridge​

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Hope in your heart said:
Gerrard might be out due to injury? Where did you read/hear this, mate?
He was carrying an inju8ry towards the end of that game. I thought he was ok considering he was limping about the pith for about 15-20 minutes. Don't know why he wasn't subbed off as he was clearly in pain.
Mignolet​
Toure Sktrel Agger​
Johnson Lucas Allen Enrique​
Coutinho​
Suarez Sturridge​
Give 3412 one last chance saying Coutinho is the player to bring it together.

slufsar

I'd either like to see Hendo, Alberto and Allen in a midfield three or Hendo and Allen behind Cout and Alberto in a 4222

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
slufsar said:
I'd either like to see Hendo, Alberto and Allen in a midfield three or Hendo and Allen behind Cout and Alberto in a 4222
Agree mate, I'd like to see Alberto make a start.

bes

slufsar said:
Immediatly throw in 2 people who have got close to 0 game into our midfield.. Lol

slufsar

bes said:
Immediatly throw in 2 people who have got close to 0 game into our midfield.. lol
I completely agree that it would be risky. However, that is a midfield I would like to see, and there wont be many better opportunities to try it out than against Fulham. Quick passing and intelligent movement players like Alberto, Allen and Coutinho is exactly what we need. That is certainly players capable of playing football like Rodgers wants us to

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
On paper this should be an easy game, although we have a habit of making things tricky.

----------------Mignolet---------------
Johnson-Toure-Sakho-Cissokho
-----------------Lucas------------------
----------Hendo-----Gerrard---------
--Suarez---Sturridge---Coutinho--

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Agger, Alberto, Sterling, Moses, Aspas.

If no Johnson, I'd like to see McLaughlin. If no Gerrard, then Allen.

I think this is our est team btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.