Pre-Match: Liverpool v. Fulham (Sat, 9/11 at 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwala

TIA Regular
theres always tommorrow said:
Has Cissohko managed to get past a defender down that wing yet?
I saw him run past the entire Fulham bench! there must be a couple on there!!

He has lost a lot of pace and power. Did he have a serious injury at some point?

Doggie

Resident Optimist
legalalien said:
I hope we don't hear "You're getting sacked in the morning". I've always liked Martin Jol and I hope the crowd treat him with respect.

Yes, he is. First time since 1975, according to the commentator.
Jol is a character, but he has clearly lost interest in the Fulham job and it obviously shows in the player's attitude.

To be honest I think this will be his last game in charge.

But anyway, an opportunity to improve our goal difference lol

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
That's probably the best first half we have witnessed this season. We have been in total control of this game (70-30% possession) from the first whistle to the last in this half, producing all chances and the goals are only a logical result of this domination.

The back four in that kind of 442, with Henderson and Coutinho enjoying much freedom to room inside and let Johnson and Cissokho go forward to provide width is working very well and Fulham seem absolutely unable to cope with this. It's obviously the better formation for us compared with the 352, and gives us way more equilibrium.

Hopefully we can build on this fantastic first half to improve still further, especially when nearing the opposing box. We can still be more clinical with our chances. But it has been really enjoyable so far, that's for sure.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I hope we don't take our foot off the gas in the second half as we've been guilty of that bad habit this season.......I really hope we don't take our foot off the gas. :rolleyes:

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Fulham are shit. We are boss. This is as close as we've got this season to what I think BRs ultimate game plan is. If we can boss all games with this system we will do well. Need to be more clinical. Wanted 6 before KO. Be happy if we get that. We need to learn to be ruthless with every chance as chance creation gets progressively harder the better the oppo.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Very good first half, nothing to complain about. Even if it's only Fulham, some of our play is still a joy to behold. Two more goals during the second half please.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Glen looking fantastic to the point where he makes the team. The space and time he's creating for himself is amazing. Coutinho looking better as half went on.

Allen and Alberto on for Gerrard and Lucas early second half. Someone mentioned fitness time for Enrique prior to the bitters. Makes sense

No chants against Jol please. Any man who turns down United deserves a degree of respect

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
kwala said:
I saw him run past the entire Fulham bench! there must be a couple on there!!

He has lost a lot of pace and power. Did he have a serious injury at some point?
I don't know. It looks like a confidence thing to me. Doesn't want to screw up so he is always taking the safe option. That's ok if you are playing for some mid table team but expectation is just so high here. Hope he realises that this is his biggest opportunity and takes it

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I don't know. It looks like a confidence thing to me. Doesn't want to screw up so he is always taking the safe option. That's ok if you are playing for some mid table team but expectation is just so high here. Hope he realises that this is his biggest opportunity and takes it
This has crushed better players than Cissokho in the past. Hope he's not the latest in a long line.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Absolutely appalling! Sell him to Madrid.

I am kidding, of course.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
should be 5+ by now

Is it just me or do I get the impression Sturridge & Suarez don't really like each other?

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
SoueysTash said:
should be 5+ by now

Is it just me or do I get the impression Sturridge & Suarez don't really like each other?
Nah....it's just competition....who is on top!?

Alex

since 2004
SoueysTash said:
should be 5+ by now

It's 3-0.. They all want a share

kwala

TIA Regular
Hope we bang in a few more, Would be good to get our goal difference up a bit!! Things are tight up the top! End of season a few extra in the + column could be vital in the race for CL places!

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
This is a joke of a game.

Can't remember ever seeing a team defend so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.