• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Huddersfield (EPL 26/04/19 KO 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
I think we're going to run fucking riot on this lot,i'm liking Firmino's silky slide back into form and i think he'll give us a masterclass of defensive covering,nicking the ball back,assist a few goals and himself grab a few goals,basically he'll be on fucking fire,6-0 :cheers:

Alright Now

I think we're going to run fucking riot on this lot,i'm liking Firmino's silky slide back into form and i think he'll give us a masterclass of defensive covering,nicking the ball back,assist a few goals and himself grab a few goals,basically he'll be on fucking fire,6-0 :cheers:
FIne, fine OP. Si señor, pass the ball to Bobby and he’ll scoooore.

I realize this OP took considerable time, but wondering if you will be doing a a Manc derby one.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Your opening post is getting shorter and shorter.... not a good sign my friend. Consistency is needed.

Well, mine is still the same as what I said in the last match. 3 points, however we get it, that's all that matters. Huddersfield is already relegated and we are at home. If we don't take them to cleaners then we have motivation problem. Get this done..... then make a few calls to Rafa.

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
Fair enough @Nur der BvB09, I'll see you that and raise you this:

This is the biggest game of the season for us by far, with the potential to be a real banana skin. That said, if we can't beat the likes of these, we don't deserve to win the league.
Fair enough , @PeachesEnRegalia, I’ll see you that and raise you this:

If Jurgen himself can refer to a match as a banana skin, we all can. So bollocks to that bloody belligerent beak Boudica.

Last edited:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Can’t wait for this one. Got 2 seats in the kop and 1 seat at back of Annie Rd. It’s my turn for Annie Rd, so kiddies will sing and shout from the kop..... I’ll sing and swear from Annie Rd.

Think I’m meeting @Semmy for this one.

I like @Alright Now idea of a pre match thread for the Manc derby...

And @Scott Jones saluted for this run of opening posts. Meticulous as ever.

Huddersfield should be there for the taking. Anfield will be rocking. Next 4 games are all late kick offs - which I love!

It’s happening.

[email protected]

Me just waiting for this Game and enjoying what Kind of surprise our Lads have for Us to Show.
They have been all Season motivated and us being where we are Position wise is all their class work and our great supporters in and away match by match. I don t care how much we win as Long we get the 3 Points and Kop singing Attack Attack :celebrating:.
Up the mighty Reds! Make us all happy.YNWA

Nur der BvB09

Fair enough @Nur der BvB09, I'll see you that and raise you this:

This is the biggest game of the season for us by far, with the potential to be a real banana skin. That said, if we can't beat the likes of these, we don't deserve to win the league.
Fair enough it ll be; if we don t beat everyone home and away we don t deserve to win the leaguelol

Last edited:

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
not sure if appropriate in this thread, but im morphosising into a Man u fan for the time being.Praying hard for a victory this wed to keep their CL qualifications alive! (but pipped by arsenal for 4th place on the last day lol )
I think we all are, even Milly.

The PL thread should be quite busy tomorrow night...

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Oooooo-eeerrr, it can't go badly wrong against a bottom-feeder like Huddersfield, can it? I mean, we've turned them over in the past without too much bother, so why am I feeling a little tense? I think it's the knowing that our season would be over, dead and buried if we let these no-hopers out of Anfield with any points. I have just to shake the doubt out of me and convince myself that we have three games remaining - 3points from Huddersfield, 3points from Newcastle, and a party time 3 points from Wolves, and so winning the Premier League for the very first time. We don't want this run of not winning it to become the millstone around our neck like the FA Cup became. UPWARDS AND ONWARDS TO THE TITLE.

Incognito

The Normal One
All I hope before the game:
1. Liverpool Played: 35 Pts: 88
2. Man City Played 35 Pts: 86

All I hope after the game:
1. Liverpool Played: 36 Pts: 91
2. Man City Played 35 Pts: 86

Not too much to ask for.. humble wishes :tongue:

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
APOLOGIES FOR WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ, BUT I THINK WE ALL HAVE TO LIGHTEN UP AND NOT GET TOO TENSE OVER THE COMING WEEKS.

UDDERSFIELD

There's some really interesting facts on how football team names came about. For instance Sheffield Wednesday, because they played on a Wednesday, although originally it was Tuesday, and Bolton Wanderers because they were forever wandering and wondering, so they could have been called Bolton Wonderers. Then there's Accrington Stanley, so named because most of the team were called Stanley - it's true! Then we have Huddersfield Town? Well, the name came about because a lot of udders were munching to their heart's content in a field over in Yorkieland one day, when one of the little darlings turned to her bezzie mate:

"I'm bored just chewin' the cud and crapping everywhere - how about if we udders formed a footy team? We could play those silly old cows in the next field."

A game was arranged with the udders playing the others from the other field, and a great game it turned out to be, too. Twenty-two Yellow cards were shown and two from either side were sent off for an early bath in the cowshed, even though it wasn't a dirty game. The game ended nil-nil, which was fair enough because they had no goals to shoot at, and both teams found themselves relegated to the milking shed, to have their udders felt before the milk turned into 'I bet you can't believe it's butter'.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
@Scott Jones

Please dont succumb to popular requests and start a pre match thread for the Manc Derby in the hallowed and august setting of the Albert.
To do so would sully and demean this wonderful place. Let the discussion on our unclean leaning towards the least malodious Mancs be confined to the Premier League thread.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Can’t wait for this one. Got 2 seats in the kop and 1 seat at back of Annie Rd. It’s my turn for Annie Rd, so kiddies will sing and shout from the kop..... I’ll sing and swear from Annie Rd.

Think I’m meeting @Semmy for this one.

I like @Alright Now idea of a pre match thread for the Manc derby...

And @Scott Jones saluted for this run of opening posts. Meticulous as ever.

Huddersfield should be there for the taking. Anfield will be rocking. Next 4 games are all late kick offs - which I love!

It’s happening.
Yes, it’s happening!!!!

We don’t land in Liverpool until late morning on match day, likely do a bit of touring as our AirBNB is near the docks (Moorfield) and then around 4-5p will make my way towards the stadium to grab an early supper and a few pints before game time. We have a tour of Anfield booked for 10am the following morning and will do the majority of our sightseeing that day.

Hopefully to meet up with @ptt at some point as well, catch up this week by pm.

This trip is going by fairly quickly, wishing it will slow down to enjoy our time but also want Friday to come quick!

RedForever2014

Alisson
Gomez Lovren VVD Milner
Hendo Gini Keita
Salah Bobby Mane

For me the starting 11 should now be coming from 15 of the 20 senior players. I wouldn't be starting Lallana, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Moreno or Oxlade (fitness) ahead of the others.

For this one I'd consider getting match fitness into the legs of Gomez and Lovren, giving Fabinho another break after his knock, and resting TAA/Matip/Robertson. At the very least I'd give Gomez a start, as he is a very viable alternative to TAA at right back given the latter's form.

I'd then use three from Origi, Robertson (pushing Milner into midfield), Lallana, Shaqiri from the bench to rest midfielders and forwards, once the result is secure.

Ideal result would be a win that dents the goal difference lead City have on us, in case results somehow leave us on level points at the season end. I personally witnessed us losing the title in 89 on goal difference, and have no desire to see the same again.

However, winning comfortably without getting any injuries is the main desired outcome.

Last edited:

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Yes, it’s happening!!!!

We don’t land in Liverpool until late morning on match day, likely do a bit of touring as our AirBNB is near the docks (Moorfield) and then around 4-5p will make my way towards the stadium to grab an early supper and a few pints before game time. We have a tour of Anfield booked for 10am the following morning and will do the majority of our sightseeing that day.

This trip is going by fairly quickly, wishing it will slow down to enjoy our time but also want Friday to come quick!
Yes, sorry mate, had a rather busy few weeks! Can’t wait :-)

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Yes, sorry mate, had a rather busy few weeks! Can’t wait :-)
All good sir, hasn’t been a slow period for us either. Taking some downtime in the hotel this morning before we head out again to the museum of Natural History near Kensington.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Yes, it’s happening!!!!

Sounds great!

If you are near the docks - I would see how far a stroll it is to the Baltic Triangle and see the Jurgen Murial.

On Match day itself, I would try and go to Hotel TIA (Anfield Road - away from the stadium backing onto Stanley Park) - Jamie Brewster is usually there a couple of hours before for a fantastic sing along.

We will either be there or the Kop Bar (directly under the Kop but it seems like this has queues if you get there too late). Avoid the club store on match day - go when you do the tour - much less busy.

On way back from Anfield after match - it gets very busy - nearly impossible to get a taxi, so maybe get the bus back to the docks (bus 917 i think).

There's lots of other stuff to see and do in Liverpool too - you could spend a couple of weeks and not get bored.

Make sure you laugh, joke and smile loads (like how Jurgen does) - its part of the culture.

See you Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.