• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE MATCH: Liverpool v Man City EPL 10/11 1630 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
This is the big one. A MASSIVE 6 pointer. Win this and we will in such a strong position. Could well be the difference between winning the league and coming runners-up.

Fabinho has to return. Would be tempted to go with Ox but we need to be solid defensively don't we?

....................Becker.............
Trent...Gomez..Van Dijk..Robertson
...................Fabinho......................
......Hendo..............Wijnaldum........
Salah...........Firmino............Mane

Going for a win to our Redmen 2-1

Win this and we will be 9 POINTS CLEAR.

Last edited:

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
I can't fucking wait for this.
They don't like us very much, do they? :)
Blue Moon's already spiralling into depression, but they're clinging on to the hope they can beat us home and away.
They can't, so let's snuff that out and we'll have Pep eyeing the exit citing "exhaustion", along with half their thick-as-shit "supporters" (approx 17 people total based on previous visits to the Etihad).
Pep fears Sadio! 4-1.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Basically, very very glad this is a home game. Although their form has been patchy, so has ours, and both our attacking and defensive lines have struggled overall recently.

I doubt historically that October-November is a strong period for us anyway. I'll take any result better than a loss.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I think it will not affect what happens end of the season, regardless what happens in this match but for the sake of sending a strong message and stomping on their morale (remember, we took a 7 point lead to Man City last season and lost and in the end we lost the title by a point), it is important to win and go for that 9 point lead. If we keep this kind of slim margin win, winning last minute, winning despite playing badly, it is going to frustrate the chasing pack so much that it might work in our favour. So no matter how we play this coming Sunday, we must win.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Alisson
TAA ? VvD Robertson
? Fabinho ?
Salah Firmino Mané

Lovren was 'rested' tonight but IMO he cost us the title in this fixture last season. I’m also not yet 100% convinced about Gomez. FFS I want Matip:(

Milner and Wijnaldum played the full match tonight - a sign that they won’t start v City?

Will Henderson be fit for Sunday and would he start anyway?

Keita and Ox came off tonight -> starters for Sunday?

Or was Lallana rested for city?:sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.