PRE MATCH: Liverpool v Man City EPL 10/11 1630 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
We will win this one 5 penalties to 0, all Mane "Dives". On a side note, a one game ban for Bernardo Silva will be handed down at exactly 18:31 BST, November 10th.

We played today, at home, rested some key players. They have a short trip to Atalanta, then travel again to Liverpool. They are also on 1 day less rest/practice. All these minor things add up when the margins between us and them are so small. We were lucky not to lose this game last year.

I think any team we send out, will be enough, however I really would like to play Gomez rather than Lovren, just because Lovren tends to struggle against this lot. We need to get the right midfield setup, it critical in this game. They tend to control the midfield, and need to do this more as their defensive line is a mess right now. I would like very quick closing down of their midfield, so a turbo version of the press, just harass the shit out of them, make them panic.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The tactics for this become very interesting considering the table.

Can City afford to lose this and let the lead build out to 9? Does Guardiola want to play it tight (can City actually do that?) and make sure they remain 6 behind, or does he throw the dice and hope to reel LFC into a 3 point lead? Six points is one week where someone helps them out, and a win in Manchester. Nine points means City are looking for a lot of help, with LFC having played a good percentage of the teams likely to provide that help already.

Alright Now

Can City afford to lose this and let the lead build out to 9? Does Guardiola want to play it tight (can City actually do that?) and make sure they remain 6 behind, or does he throw the dice and hope to reel LFC into a 3 point lead? Six points is one week where someone helps them out, and a win in Manchester. Nine points means City are looking for a lot of help, with LFC having played a good percentage of the teams likely to provide that help already.
I think with his center backs, Pep has to play it tight. I also think with their center backs, we will go for all 3. I feel okay about this one. However, let’s check in with me again in a few minutes. Things move fast.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Daughter is down for this. Haven’t seen her since September when she went uni.

We are in the kop. Build up to this is already big.

Can’t wait. We are more rugged and robust then last season.

Perfect time to have our 1st anfield clean sheet of the season. It has to come.

Add a few goals from any of the red men and what a perfect week it will be.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
just three points. If anything I'd prefer no controversial penalties etc but us to just be too good and come away 3-0 winners - think that could be a big psychological blow for citeh and pep and may precipitate him running off at the end of the season. Also, without getting ahead of ourselves, \a clean sheet against a strong side would do wonders for confidence in the knockout rounds of the CL.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
It's vital that we are sharp for this on both ends of the field.

Last season and in the Charity Shield game, they won with the slimmest of margins primarily because they were more lucky but also more clinical. We are facing them at a time when we don't seem able to do exactly that neither offensively, nor defensively. We've conceded first in our last 4 PL games, which quite simply shouldn't be happening. At some point this team's immense powers of recovery won't be enough.

In other words, now would be the best time to stop messing about and put these to the sword. It would be also beneficial for the health of the millions of LFC fans watching worldwide.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Jurgen and his staff will have plenty of time to take a good look at who is available and is the best fit for the formation and tactics to get this one done on Sunday. I'll leave it to him and his staff to do what is required.

COYR YNWA
I told you before, Jurgen relies on this forum and especially your input to help him decide. You can't kop out like this.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Unfortunately I'm not feeling this one. I still believe we can beat anybody, but I also have a feeling that nothing will go our way.

Nobody (generalisation) wants us to extend our gap on them and I just don't think we will be allowed to one way or another.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

Guardiola won't want to lose. 6 points is nothing with 26 games to play. 9 points looks massive at this stage as they have had the easier run of games. A defeat for them would be a big psychological blow. He's already resorted to 'mind games' so it shows there is pressure there. A draw would be a good outcome for them.

City can play for a draw. They did it last season in this game. Such a weird non-event. Just knocking the ball around their own penalty area. Us standing off them. Both teams happy with a point. We need to go for it and win this time. The head to heads will decide the title and we will not have a better chance with them having so many injuries.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
We are like 10 games into the season. Whether it's a 3,6 or 9 point lead, that means nothing in November. Jesus. Any of those margins could conceivably be lost in 2 weeks in our April fixture difficulty.

Forget about the points gap and just think about and will another Anfield victory to help the team mentally with the remaining fixtures there. About 4-5 months too early to even be discussing points margins.

Having said that, Pep will have his team play the same way as they did last season at Anfield which almost worked. He'll be playing a shutdown game and setting his team up to pinch one through sheer player quality. It will be a very cagey affair. First 10-15 mins don't expect it to be an enjoyable game to watch for either fans as both 11's, and managers, feel their way into the game. One team will win 1-0. But either way it's not going to be a game you'll want to watch back for pure-footballing-free-flowing quality. Anybody with weak hearts, have your defibrs at the ready.

Danny_

We are like 10 games into the season. Whether it's a 3,6 or 9 point lead, that means nothing in November. Jesus. Any of those margins could conceivably be lost in 2 weeks in our April fixture difficulty.

Forget about the points gap and just think about and will another Anfield victory to help the team mentally with the remaining fixtures there. About 4-5 months too early to even be discussing points margins.

Having said that, Pep will have his team play the same way as they did last season at Anfield which almost worked. He'll be playing a shutdown game and setting his team up to pinch one through sheer player quality. It will be a very cagey affair. First 10-15 mins don't expect it to be an enjoyable game to watch for either fans as both 11's, and managers, feel their way into the game. One team will win 1-0. But either way it's not going to be a game you'll want to watch back for pure-footballing-free-flowing quality. Anybody with weak hearts, have your defibrs at the ready.
I don't know about that. He doesn't have a full strength back line. Neither do we, mind you. But, I don't know if it will work the same for them this year and a draw is perfectly okay for us this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.