PRE MATCH: Liverpool v Man City EPL 10/11 1630 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
It'll be interesting to see how we approach this (don't give a toss how City approach it). Do we box clever, not leave gaps for them to exploit and be content with a point ensuring we maintain the 6 point gap? If so then it'll be the usual midfield of Fab, Gini add Henderson (if fit) for a solid workman like effort and pressing etc.

Or do we approach it with an eye to taking advantage of their defensive absentees and go for three jugular and extend the lead to 9 points. Which isn't insurmountable but is significant.

I hope we go for the latter and start the Ox with Henderson starting in the bench. Fuck these boys over and make the rest aware that we will not be moved.

NaturalNine

TIA New Signing
I'm actually approaching this match with optimism this time, for a change.

We may look less dominant than last year, but we're much more match-savvy and managing the games better than before. I think this comes with experience, as well as a certain swagger and confidence from being European Champions.

I'm looking for us to take this game by 2-1 or 3-1. Go Reds!

wibseyred

It'll be interesting to see how we approach this (don't give a toss how City approach it). Do we box clever, not leave gaps for them to exploit and be content with a point ensuring we maintain the 6 point gap? If so then it'll be the usual midfield of Fab, Gini add Henderson (if fit) for a solid workman like effort and pressing etc.

Or do we approach it with an eye to taking advantage of their defensive absentees and go for three jugular and extend the lead to 9 points. Which isn't insurmountable but is significant.

I hope we go for the latter and start the Ox with Henderson starting in the bench. Fuck these boys over and make the rest aware that we will not be moved.
When we set up for a point at the Etihad we got beat. Go at them it's been shown they cant defend it's going to be Stones and probably Otamendi again.

RedYank

Daughter is down for this. Haven’t seen her since September when she went uni.

We are in the kop. Build up to this is already big.

Can’t wait. We are more rugged and robust then last season.

Perfect time to have our 1st anfield clean sheet of the season. It has to come.

Add a few goals from any of the red men and what a perfect week it will be.
Trusting voice back to full power? Right, then put the both of you in proper volume, and Aguero will be reduced to a blob on the pitch! Pep will not be available for comment--having been made deaf (y)

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
When we set up for a point at the Etihad we got beat. Go at them it's been shown they cant defend it's going to be Stones and probably Otamendi again.
Exactly. Only time I've seen pep change tactics was against us. Huge compliment. He has a tendency to overthink things at times and maybe even second guess himself. I hope we play to our strengths on Sunday.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
How do you leave a scoring midfielder out ?tricky one .
fabinho defiantly starts .
Henderson if he’s fit .
Gini gets the nod for me.
trusted midfield .
but if Henderson isn’t fit I’d have the Ox in
Klopp will end up starting OX Naby and Lallana - the TIA pre-match board will meltdown - and then we will win 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.