• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre match. Liverpool v Napoli CL Wed 27/11 2000 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Tough match but we should be too strong. Narrow win for the European champions I reckon and 3 wins on the bounce for me haha.

I would be looking at giving the likes of Hendo, Robbo and Gini a break and give Gomez a start.

Team to thump Napoli:

......................Becker............
Trent.....Gomez.....Van Dijk.....Milner
....................Fabinho....................
..... Chamberlain.........Lallana.........
Salah..............Firmino...........Mane

1-0.

Alright Now

I get Napoli is struggling. I get they haven’t won in their last 6. I get Insigne isn’t traveling. But they play well against us and I really don’t want to fall off a stool again as I did last year in a London pub with a late winner. I’d rather we go full strength, seal the group, buy some breathing room into December, and rest some if needed against Brighton.

And keep an eye on this Hirving Lozano. Would love to see him as a Red some day.

rockafella

Registered before you did
Have to go 100% full strength here. Win and we guarantee top spot and can rest everyone for the final game.

Draw or lose and we'll likely need something from the last game, meaning we'd have to play our strongest team then. After watching the first game against Salzburg, I'd prefer we didn't have to go there needing something.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I get Napoli is struggling. I get they haven’t won in their last 6. I get Insigne isn’t traveling. But they play well against us and I really don’t want to fall off a stool again as I did last year in a London pub with a late winner. I’d rather we go full strength, seal the group, buy some breathing room into December, and rest some if needed against Brighton.

And keep an eye on this Hirving Lozano. Would love to see him as a Red some day.
So Jurgen, @Alright Now doesn't want to fall off a stool again - what you going to do. Maybe, just maybe, he shouldn't sit on a stool? I thought it was illegal for the over 90's to sit on stools anyway?

Jurgen and his staff will know which personnel, formation and tactics are needed for this one.

COYR YNWA
I've told you before, Jurgen has a full time scout reading these threads to get a feel for what he should do. @Commando is just kopping out.

We only need a draw to get through, but I think Jurgen doesn't think like that. Brighton on Saturday will be a bigger match - but for now it is this one. I reckon give Shaqiri some minutes.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
If we win and go true fine, if not fine too. Winning the PL is the number one priority for me this season.

Alright Now

So Jurgen, @Alright Now doesn't want to fall off a stool again - what you going to do. Maybe, just maybe, he shouldn't sit on a stool? I thought it was illegal for the over 90's to sit on stools anyway?

I've told you before, Jurgen has a full time scout reading these threads to get a feel for what he should do. @Commando is just kopping out.

We only need a draw to get through, but I think Jurgen doesn't think like that. Brighton on Saturday will be a bigger match - but for now it is this one. I reckon give Shaqiri some minutes.
I’m too old to figure out how to change my user name. Otherwise I would to Forever Young. By the way, I heard you weren’t going to the match. Sore throat again?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
It’s at Anfield, Napoli are in wretched form, and Insigne is injured. Anything other than three points is going to seem a missed opportunity.

I really think we need to go to Salzburg already assured of our progress, so we can rest a few.

I’d be more confident of beating Brighton with a few rested than Napoli.

Alisson
Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Hendo Gini
Salah Firmino Mane​

[email protected]

If we win and go true fine, if not fine too. Winning the PL is the number one priority for me this season.
That will definitely not do. We are not finishing last in this group and like fuck would we want to be travelling to Kazakhstan for a Thursday game in February. Qualification for the knockouts in the CL certainly helps our league chances more than being in the knockouts of the Europa now doesn't it?

Dutch

Ad-free Member
That will definitely not do. We are not finishing last in this group and like fuck would we want to be travelling to Kazakhstan for a Thursday game in February. Qualification for the knockouts in the CL certainly helps our league chances more than being in the knockouts of the Europa now doesn't it?
Send the U23 to Kazakhstan, could not care less

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
TBH no team 'hurt' us more than Napoli did in the last 13 months. They won this and last season at their stadium in the group stage (1-0 and 2-0), our 1-0 win at Anfield was very nervy and they also beat us in a friendly 3-0 earlier this year.

Won’t be easy but I hope we beat them convincingly and won’t play them again in the next few years. Don’t like playing against the same clubs every year.

jaffod

Nobody seems to be considering the possibility of Genk either beating Salzburg or drawing in which case we will have qualified regardless of our own result.
Even so we can't take any chances here. Many of the lads had a decent rest during the international break so I don't see the need to rest too many.

Allison

TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Henderson
AOC

Salah
Mane
Bobby

Maybe give Shaqiri and Lallana some minutes if things are going ok and keep the likes of Milner, Gini, Lovren and Divock fresh for Brighton.

Hopefully all the talk of unrest in Napoli's camp is true and they're minds are on other things. 2-1 to the Champions of Europe.

Red over the water

Will we qualify with a draw? Don’t get me wrong, I want to win, but just wondering what the minimum is to automatically guarantee we advance to the knockout stages?

Edit
Napoli have been a bit off the boil lately, but they are a good side. A visit to the European Champions, with all the eyes of Europe watching, will probably see them put in a performance. It will be close.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Will we qualify with a draw? Don’t get me wrong, I want to win, but just wondering what the minimum is to automatically guarantee we advance to the knockout stages?

Edit
Napoli have been a bit off the boil lately, but they are a good side. A visit to the European Champions, with all the eyes of Europe watching, will probably see them put in a performance. It will be close.
Only way we guarantee qualifying is with a win which also means we top the group.

That said if Salzburg dont beat Genk we qualify regardless of our result.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Call me a heritic, but I trust Klopp and his coaching staff to pick the best players suited for this match.

If he thinks this is the best time to rotate, then it is, if he thinks the normal starting XI are good to go another round, then I trust him

Craig_Johnston

Call me a heritic, but I trust Klopp and his coaching staff to pick the best players suited for this match.

If he thinks this is the best time to rotate, then it is, if he thinks the normal starting XI are good to go another round, then I trust him
Of course, but if we aren't allowed to speculate it makes this forum a bit boring don't you think?

Noo Noo

Did I see things right that the Napoli Chairman has fined the playing staff for mutiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.