• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-match: Liverpool v Napoli/Lyon

Jaytinho

Just watched the Lyon game back again, really enjoyed it, thoughts:
  • To me Larouci could be nailed on for that back up left back position, the kid is a breathe of fresh air. Pace, energy, good eye for pass. Its just pre season but I think like Brewster, Klopp is going to give the kid a go. Has that Marcelo flavor to him. Dont think he has a pro contract yet though
  • Naby Keita looked sharp and alot more aggressive than last season, which I like to see. Big part to play this season.
  • Hoever is so composed, its unreal, he plays like a seasoned full back, he had a blinder. Perhaps Klopp moves him to 3rd choice RB with Gomez covering both RB and CB? Who knows. Age is nothing these days, speaking of which...
  • Harvey Elliot is a such a huge prospect, the kid did not look out of place the entire time he came on. There was a passage of play where he played one touch to link up with 3 players at once like a seasoned vet. BIG future if he keeps working hard.
  • Man, Wilson is really making it hard for Klopp with performances like that lol Got a feeling he aint going anywhere, unless somebody comes with a 20m+bid.
  • Gomez started slow and then grew into the game, also looking really sharp.
  • Lallana was really good in that free role, link up play slick. Intelligent movement, needs to stay fit. Could be a useful player
  • The boys looked up for it