PRE-MATCH: Liverpool v Newcastle (Sunday 4.11.12; 4 pm GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC7NH

Tough game coming up here. I've heard Ba is a doubt for Sunday.

Reckon we'll see the same lineup we started against Everton, assuming Johnson and Pepe are still unfit.

Jones
Wisdom-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
Allen-Sahin
Gerrard
Suso-Suarez-Sterling

Bench: Ward, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Shelvey, Assaidi, Yesil

RedSeven

On the one road
Tough game coming up here. I've heard Ba is a doubt for Sunday.

Reckon we'll see the same lineup we started against Everton, assuming Johnson and Pepe are still unfit.

Jones
Wisdom-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
Allen-Sahin
Gerrard
Suso-Suarez-Sterling

Bench: Ward, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Shelvey, Assaidi, Yesil
Who's Ward.Was he on the bench last night.I thought Doni was back due to our injury crisis.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Hmm.. crunch game here if we don't want to be sucked in a relegation dogfight... not sure Allen should start though... he looked pretty anonymous yesterday, and tired as well... maybe Henderson would be a safer bet in midfield. Dunno...

LFC7NH

Who's Ward.Was he on the bench last night.I thought Doni was back due to our injury crisis.
Yup was kind of forgetting about Doni to be honest. No idea if he's ready to be involved or not? But if he is he'll be on the bench instead of Ward. Ward made bench last night by default through the the injuries to Pepe and Gulacsi.

Odin_telamon

Remembering the 96
Anyone know what has happened to Morgan? Surely he should be getting game time as we have limited options up front?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Hopefully Pepe and Johnson will be fit. I like Brad Jones, he has been really solid and playing well, but he doesn't encourage play from the back, he hoofs it long too often for the way Brendan is trying to get us to play. If both are fit then the team i would like to see is:

.......................................Pepe......................................
Wisdom.............Skrtel.................Agger...........Johnson
.............................Allen.........Henderson........................
Gerrard...........................Suso.............................Sterling
......................................Suarez.......................................

No doubt Suso will be wasted and played out of position out wide on the right and Sahin will be alongside Joe. Would like to see Jordan given a game in his best position, CM, i really think he should be considered as a defensive mid in Lucas' absence. We have been too easy to penetrate too often recently, Sahin is brilliant with the ball and easy on the eye but also easy to play against. Also, Allen needs help, he's starting to look tired, i'm sure he would appreciate Jordan's energy alongside him instead of the luxury player Sahin appears to be.

Will be a real tough game and wouldn't be too surprized if it ends up 1-1. We need to score more goals. Why not play Stevie further forward, closer to Luis?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Damn it, a home game again? When are we going on the road?

Players picked itself, can't see us having a lot of changes there. What we saw in the first half against Everton is what we are going to start against Newcastle.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Hmm.. crunch game here if we don't want to be sucked in a relegation dogfight... not sure Allen should start though... he looked pretty anonymous yesterday, and tired as well... maybe Henderson would be a safer bet in midfield. Dunno...
Feeling a bit meh are we?

I'm the same. Losses don't affect me anymore.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
definite rival here, NUFC are in the same minileague as us, their thrashing at the hands of manure bodes well - we dealt with Man Utd pretty well and I expect the team will be fired up after last nights performance. Can't wait to watch the game, never seen NUFC at Anfield before, always missed the games due to hols etc. Hoping for a high scoring classic

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Hopefully we have Pepe back, his distribution at the back makes us a much better team, with Jones hoofing it we never really controlled possession against Everton. Defo 3 points we need, we can't drop points at home to a direct rival and expect to finish anywhere near the European slots.

Hoping to see this lineup

Pepe
Johnson,Skrtel,Agger,Enrique
Sahin,Allen,Gerrard
Assaidi,Suarez,Sterling

Shelvey & Suso from the bench

Coincidentally also my starting lineup on Fifia2012 and it is working a treat there :D

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Really need 3 points and to wash the taste of the Cup exit out of our mouths.

I also desperately need a win - my Geordie teammate bought me a beer after our last game, because he reckoned Toon fans at least own LFC something to cry in.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
No other option. we have to get 3 points else we are fooked. suarez is one yellow away from missing the chelsea game.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Usually we slip up in november/ december. We really cant afford to slip now.If we are 7-9 points behind the 4th spot come jan, i would be estatic !!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
No other option. we have to get 3 points else we are fooked. suarez is one yellow away from missing the chelsea game.
You get a glimpse of Rodgers' difficulties if you look at our schedule, and try to decide when you want Suarez to get that yellow. Can we afford to not have him for a home game versus Wigan or Southampton?

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
One thing is that I'd like us to go back to our best pick at the back for this match. Reina (if fit), Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique please.
Any update on Johnson's injury. Also till when Borini will be out of action - Jan or more than that??

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
You get a glimpse of Rodgers' difficulties if you look at our schedule, and try to decide when you want Suarez to get that yellow. Can we afford to not have him for a home game versus Wigan or Southampton?
I can tell you - the answer is NO. But let's deal with it when the time comes, for now, let's hope we get our act together at home. This is our bread and butter, winning at home or making it hard for others to win at the very least. This season, it seems if you want to pick up points or wins, travel to Anfield.

I agree with Zoky, bar any other injury, we need to have an established back-4. It has been known throughout the damn sport, with a stable back-4, you tend to concede much lesser and your defence will be more solid. Keep changing even on the fullbacks department will make central defenders job much harder, especially when you move a right back to take up the left back post. Their defensive positioning will always favour their stronger foot and the central defenders will need to adjust their positions too.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I can tell you - the answer is NO. But let's deal with it when the time comes, for now, let's hope we get our act together at home. This is our bread and butter, winning at home or making it hard for others to win at the very least. This season, it seems if you want to pick up points or wins, travel to Anfield.
I agree - my own answer was down to either writing off the Spurs game completely or hoping for a 0-0 away to West Ham.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I agree - my own answer was down to either writing off the Spurs game completely or hoping for a 0-0 away to West Ham.
However pessimistic I am, there is no way in hell I would be hoping for a 0-0 away to West Ham. A team we loaned out a player we do not want. To write off a game before the ball was even kicked will never crossed my mind. I may say, "let's hope to get a point out of this game" in any or most Pre-Match thread. But you can bet your bottom dollar I would never once go hoping we just drop points against a team, any team in that matter. That would be crazy.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
However pessimistic I am, there is no way in hell I would be hoping for a 0-0 away to West Ham. A team we loaned out a player we do not want. To write off a game before the ball was even kicked will never crossed my mind. I may say, "let's hope to get a point out of this game" in any or most Pre-Match thread. But you can bet your bottom dollar I would never once go hoping we just drop points against a team, any team in that matter. That would be crazy.
I agree again - but if we think we need him to get a home win versus Southamption (which I think I do) let alone the likes of Newcastle, do we actually expect better than a draw versus the Hammers. Without Suarez, I certainly wouldn't against Spurs.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I agree again - but if we think we need him to get a home win versus Southamption (which I think I do) let alone the likes of Newcastle, do we actually expect better than a draw versus the Hammers. Without Suarez, I certainly wouldn't against Spurs.
Not sure about you, or who are the we you are saying. Me, I expect us to beat them every day of the week, even if they are being managed by Pep Guardiola.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Not sure about you, or who are the we you are saying. Me, I expect us to beat them every day of the week, even if they are being managed by Pep Guardiola.
Without Suarez, you would expect us to be able to score? I am not sure I do. They have only allowed 5 at home, and 3 of those came in a game versus Arsenal that was close until it was opened up with a late goal.

With Suarez, I think we could rip them apart, don't care who is managing them either.

On a more game relevant note, without Tiote creating midfield pressure our possession game might be very effective. They are a very different team without him.

Reactions: TFC

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Hopefully Pepe and Johnson will be fit. I like Brad Jones, he has been really solid and playing well, but he doesn't encourage play from the back, he hoofs it long too often for the way Brendan is trying to get us to play. If both are fit then the team i would like to see is:

.......................................Pepe......................................
Wisdom.............Skrtel.................Agger...........Johnson
.............................Allen.........Henderson........................
Gerrard...........................Suso.............................Sterling
......................................Suarez.......................................

No doubt Suso will be wasted and played out of position out wide on the right and Sahin will be alongside Joe. Would like to see Jordan given a game in his best position, CM, i really think he should be considered as a defensive mid in Lucas' absence. We have been too easy to penetrate too often recently, Sahin is brilliant with the ball and easy on the eye but also easy to play against. Also, Allen needs help, he's starting to look tired, i'm sure he would appreciate Jordan's energy alongside him instead of the luxury player Sahin appears to be.

Will be a real tough game and wouldn't be too surprized if it ends up 1-1. We need to score more goals. Why not play Stevie further forward, closer to Luis?
Agree with every word of this. I would love to see this lineup. Sahin can come on for either Suso or Allen if they tire. We really need that incisiveness from AM that Suso and Sahin can both bring. I like Shelvey, but he doesn't seem quite able to find through balls to the forwards and his shooting has been erratic. For physical games he adds good presence to the middle, but he has to learn to move more. In the absence of a proper right forward/winger I think Gerrard is probably our best option and I find it a bit strange that Rodgers hasn't tried it yet.

Delusional geordie

TIA Youth Team
Howay bonny lads and lasses. Bit surprised you think this won't be a canter for you. First off we haven't been firing on all cylinders yet. Secondly we don't seem to have much of a gameplan bar lump it up forward hoping Shola will flick it on to Ba (which admittedly does work sometimes but is a bit one dimensional) or hope Ben Arfa picks up the ball in our penalty area and dribbles his way round the opposition until he lashes it in the net (which again has it virtues but is less likely). Thirdly, like your blue friends, we only have to hear the word Anfield and we roll over and die, even last season when we cleaving everyone asunder we rolled over and died at Anfield. Ba probably won't be fit which is a pity. If Cisse has his shooting boots on it is OK as he can get the better of any defender, if not which he most defintely has not this season then he doesn't contribute as much as Ba does off the ball etc. I suppose our main hope is that at some point we will beat you at Anfield and this weekend might be the day or there again it might not.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Mate have you seen how we have been going in the final 3rd lately?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
@geordie, how do you think you'll line-up in midfield with Tiote suspended, who will partner Cabaye?

Status
Not open for further replies.