• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH: Liverpool v Newcastle (Sunday 4.11.12; 4 pm GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Wisdom is just a bit too slow I'm afraid - we are looking a bit weak at right back until Kelly or Glen are fit again.

Colin

TIA First Team
Same problem now for 18 months. Starting to wonder why two managers have been unable to address it despite 3 transfer windows.

Big second half ahead.

lfc55555

TIA First Team
That's the difference....we don't have a finisher
finisher? weve barely had a shot on goal. their goalies barely had a save to make.

we used to batter teams last season. thats when we needed a finisher. id love to see us complaining about hitting the post right now or the opposition goalkeeper being man of the match because it means at least were shooting at goal.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Not acceptable.
this is not the 1st time.... havent we learned anything? not that we can do anything for such a stunner.

Gears

TIA Regular
Allen needs a rest, that moment of confusion between him and gerrard sums up our midfield. We don't have the right dynamic.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
We are so easy to defend against. Just drop deep and let us have it. 4-3-3 doesnt work simply because we dont have the players in the final third.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Remove suarez. We wont win this, its like everyday in the office. I cant see us scoring twice in the 2nd half. Bring assaidi.

Colin

TIA First Team
I'm all for Suso and Sterling's development but them playing week in week out is indicative of our weak squad.

They are tremedous talents with massive futures but being an established part of our attacking unit so early in their careers is madness. Both should be piloted in over the next two years. We need some need blood regardless of how this match plays out

rab

After the first fifteen minutes the central three midfielders have forgotten who's doing what.

Gerrard looks awful and as much as I like Suso he isn't a wide forward.

Get Assaidi and Shelvey on for Suso and Gerrard and lets get into them. Our pressing that worked so well early on has dropped off and were letting Cabaye and Ben Arfa into the game too much.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Allen needs a rest, that moment of confusion between him and gerrard sums up our midfield. We don't have the right dynamic.
Agreed, needs to go off for Hendo and maybe bring Shelvey on for Sahin, Use Hendo as DM and have some support in the box for a change with Stevie and Shelvey.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
i thinke we have been good. Suso has been fantastic. We simply cant score simple. So it doesnt matter who we play, we dont have a goal scorer apart for suarez magic.

Colin

TIA First Team
We are so easy to defend against. Just drop deep and let us have it. 4-3-3 doesnt work simply because we dont have the players in the final third.
Exactly.

If you watch us in person this becomes even more obvious.

So little initiative in the final third and half our players dont even make the runs at all.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Torrid first half. First 10-15 mins we had some nice passing, but created no chances. The rest of the half we're getting worse and worse. In the end we can count ourselves lucky we're only 0-2 down.

frugtkompot

TIA Reserve Team
Predictably impotent.

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Suarez, Sahin and Sterling the only people who look like doing something.
Started brightly but as usual we've let Newcastle back into it to easily and one lapse in defense and they've scored. Jones should of saved that as well it was as good as straight at him.

Bring on Assaidi for Suso.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
It doesn't matter how well we play, who gets MOTM and whether Brenden needs time or not we need to win this game. All this fancy passing is all well and good but for fucks sake stop being arsenal and shoot at goal, not walk the bloody thing in. The youngsters need to read when Suarez goes wide that if he sees somebody in the middle, he will get it into the box to them. He has looked up countless times, seen nobody and has had to try nutmegging the whole toon!!

lfc55555

TIA First Team
Torrid first half. First 10-15 mins we had some nice passing, but created no chances. The rest of the half we're getting worse and worse. In the end we can count ourselves lucky we're only 0-2 down.
unfortunately i think thats what fans of wigan, norwich, aston villa say about their teams too. were drifting into that kind of fans mentality at this club as well now.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
A good 15mins, high tempo but no real chances created. The midfield 3 have been a terrible. Get Shelvey on for Sahin and Assaidi for Suso.

Status
Not open for further replies.