PRE Match: Liverpool v Reading (PL: Sat, 20.10.12; 3pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Neither or those parties told him to make his main/first priority spending the transfer budget buying midfielders from Swansea...
I gladly and wholeheartedly accept our striking shortage in exchange for the absolute restructuring of our entire midfield group. It's the key to Rodgers system; it would have been more foolish to try and play it with Jay Spearing and Charlie Adam than it is to play it with only Suárez and Borini.

Seriously, imagine the alternative that I listed. It's not pretty.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Thank christ for that. Stream was awful so didn't see all of match. Will wait for MOTD for my "expert" analysis..... :huh:

A win is a win. Well done Brad and Sterling.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Alright, a win is a win we'll take that . Definitely more to iron out back in the training ground

HarryFloyd

TIA First Team
We were fortunate to get away with the win this time..not because we were bad, but because we were wasteful and with many other teams it could very well have come back to bite us in the arse. As it happened more than a few times in recent past.

Nevertheless 3 points are 3 points.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Phew... Jesus

Horrible at times in the second half but held out

This team has zero composure at either end

Brad Jones and Sterling were the standouts. Both did very well for different reasons

2 clean sheets in a row in the league though. A start of sorts but we make things difficult for ourselves not having any striking options

Gears

TIA Regular
Suarez was bought to play with Torres if i remember rightly, with Gerrard playing just behind Torres and someone else on the other wing that'd been one heck of a front 4
That's not the reality though. Torres left that same day and Suarez is being deployed as the top striker, and he's playing between the lines that Sahin/Gerrard usually do.

Either way, he will play his natural game so we need to sacrifice one of the attacking mids in order to play someone who's job is to get in the box and stay in it.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
I gladly and wholeheartedly accept our striking shortage in exchange for the absolute restructuring of our entire midfield group. It's the key to Rodgers system, it would have been more foolish to try and play it with Jay Spearing and Charlie Adam than it is to play it with only Suárez and Borini.

Seriously, imagine the alternative that I listed. It's not pretty.
I'm not saying that the manager made the wrong decision...I'm just saying that he made the decision.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
disagree with both points
I was referring to this game in isolation and the fact that, despite having youth options, Rodgers elected not to name a striker on the bench who could come in later in the game for an undoubtedly exhausted Suárez.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
And yes Suarez at fault for horrible misses whole game, excuses or not. But to say we need him out? Pleas stop right there. How many man of matches has this guy put in the last 2 season?

Stop n think we would have been in really dire straits had he not been here. This lad is the Centre of all our open play chance creation.

Anthony

What we needed was a "dirty win", and that was just that. We played a decent 1st half, we got a good goal and we showed we can keep a clean sheet. Against better opposition that would not have worked I sense. Nonetheless, a win is a win.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
FFS, he played a beautiful ball to Sterling for the first goal and should have gloriously assisted another which Shelvey fucked up. Two goals would have put the game away. He is not the only nor even primary person to 'blame'. We won. Shortcomings are dispersed throughout the team, but we're working on them.

Libero

What we needed was a "dirty win", and that was just that. We played a decent 1st half, we got a good goal and we showed we can keep a clean sheet. Against better opposition that would not have worked I sense. Nonetheless, a win is a win.
Yep i was thinking the same thing, something to sort of break this mini curse of our home form.

3 points, move on.

Anthony

And yes Suarez at fault for horrible misses whole game, excuses or not. But to say we need him out? Pleas stop right there. How many man of matches has this guy put in the last 2 season?

Stop n think we would have been in really dire straits had he not been here. This lad is the Centre of all our open play chance creation.
Agreed, I hate his misses like the next person, but without him...............we would lack all the chances he creates. What we need is an out and out striker and let Suarez be the creator, who chips in with some goals

Status
Not open for further replies.