• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Liverpool v Reading (PL: Sat, 20.10.12; 3pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I got the stoke and Norwich line ups spot one, so I think one more activates the Changinator. There'll be dogshit through my letter box before half time.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I got the stoke and Norwich line ups spot one, so I think one more activates the Changinator. There'll be dogshit through my letter box before half time.
Be very careful he may want to buy you lunch and try and talk to you on the phone. Scary bastard!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
It would be a shame if something were to happen to that lovely family of yours. A man like you needs to understand that just a little respect is all that is needed.

kone

TIA Squad Member
Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Shelvey, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Carragher, Enrique.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Reina is out with Jones in, Suso is out and Shelvey in. Not happy that Shelvey gets in after his suspension as he wasn't that good before while Suso, at least at home, has more quality. Jonjo will provide more strength and directness but he is still very inconsistent so I wouldn't have dropped Suso for him now, maybe in a few games if Jonjo starts to play better or Suso's form starts to dip.

Wisdom is in too for an unchanged back 4 but we are playing with 4 CMs as Sahin aslo starts. So who plays up front with Sterling ans Suarez? It could be Gerrard or Shelvey or Sahin. I'd like to see Gerrard in the front 3, interchanging and even playing CF so we can see what he can do there. Will it be a 4-4-2, with a diamond midfield?

Forget all this, looks like my source got it all wrong, Suso is still in and Shelvey's on the bench. Right about Jones though. :)

kone

TIA Squad Member
Suso appears to be starting MarlboroMan, Shelvey is on the bench.

I think we'll see a 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard at the centre of the 3.

Surprised with no recognised striker on the bench. Can Suarez last the entire game? Hopefully but would have preferred Yesil to be in the squad. Other than that looks like a good line up and pretty strong bench overall. Just need to be clinical today.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Brad Jones starts for Liverpool in today's Barclays Premier League clash with Reading at Anfield – listen live online from 2.55pm BST.

The goalkeeper begins in place of Pepe Reina, who is ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Liverpool: Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez. Subs: Gulacsi, Shelvey, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Carragher, Enrique.

http://www.liverpool...rts-listen-live

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
All joking aside if things are going well anybody else expect him to take Suarez off and play Shelvey up top as an experiment? Or just me?

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
This certainly looks like a 4-2-3-1, although it could meld into a 4-3-3 with either Suso or Gerrard moving to the flanks.

Jones getting another look in the PL. Hopefully he recognizes his chance, is well prepared and focused. I suspect a bit of competitive force is good for all the keepers, even if this is only happening due to injury.

All joking aside if things are going well anybody else expect him to take Suarez off and play Shelvey up top as an experiment? Or just me?
I think it would be more likely that Gerrard would move into that role and either Shelvey or Downing would come on for Luis.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Shelvey, Suso or Gerrard to play as a false 9 if Suarez needs to come off or if game is comfortably in bag and good to rest him.

Generally speaking im quite looking forward to seeing what Rodgers is planning tactically here.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Suso appears to be starting MarlboroMan, Shelvey is on the bench.

I think we'll see a 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard at the centre of the 3.

My source got it wrong, thankfully.

Not his best position any more IMO. I'd like to see Suso in the middle with Gerrard wide right or Sahin in the hole with Gerrard in the more defensive role along side Allen. That way he can make his late runs into the box with more unpredictability. His strength next to Allen is also important as Sahin isn't ready to handle that role just yet. I suspect that Gerrard and Sahin will interchange constantly to make it a more 4-1-4-1 or a 4-1-2-3.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
The team most expected and hopefully will be enough. There is probably a link somewhere but i've very rarely need it, is there a page showing where the streams are, i know Showme used to have one but can't find it.

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=172538&part=sports

nutjob stream is http://www.nutjob.eu/njtv2.html (soon I guess?)

Just bookmark/favourite the wiziwig site. No need to worry about asking anyone for links again. Pretty much has several streams listed for every game we play.

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
"*LIVERPOOL STREAM IS CANCELLED" on that page, welp, I guess that's that.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
A little concerned by the bench.
Could have made more sense having Yesil on it.Or holding back Pacheco from the U-21 match and letting him be on he bench today.

A little concerned by the bench.
Could have made more sense having Yesil on it.Or holding back Pacheco from the U-21 match and letting him be on he bench today.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Downing in the squads? Waste of space him, would rather he was put on toilet duty

Thin up front and wish we had a better reserve keeper than Brad Jones, but won't be an excuse for not beating this lot today

If we don't it would look really worrying. Hopefully we will but we need to score first I think

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
please don't direct me to wiziwig... all the streams are shit... if anyone miraculously finds a good one please share

coughing

Where's Steve Finnan?
shite link but its working for me at least
http://www.soccertv.pro/stream4.php

no sopcast links unfortunately this week

Status
Not open for further replies.