• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Liverpool v Reading (PL: Sat, 20.10.12; 3pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
These misses are annoying me a lot

Enrique has been surprisingly good in attack since he's been on though

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
West Ham have won a penalty because someone pulled Carrolls ponytail this is what we are missing!!!!

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
enrique has put in 3 brilliant crosses all 3 wasted by Luis he just doesntg seem to miss these chances on international duty

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
so....Suarez is our best player because he embarks on mazy runs, works hard, played fantastic passes, nutmegs players but needs probably 20 chances to put away one....so much for our best player. Sorry this seems harsh and maybe out of frustration but he is overhyped. What kind of striker is he?

OhYaBeauty

so....Suarez is our best player because he embarks on mazy runs, works hard, played fantastic passes, nutmegs players but needs probably 20 chances to put away one....so much for our best player. Sorry this seems harsh and maybe out of frustration but he is overhyped. What kind of striker is he?
I've often thought that he's not the player we need. Frankly we'd be better off taking the money for whatever he's worth and using it on a proper striker. We have plenty of creators already

1dragon

TIA Regular
He is a creator, ad he finishes only tough chances.....

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
He is not an out-and-out striker by any means; he needs a foil who is a striker though.

I'd take this score now.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Can we all remember that Luis is probably carrying a knock and is definitely exhausted after playing at altitude only a few days ago. You want to try that and put in a commanding performance? Rodgers is the reason we don't have a striker alternative on the bench.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
This team frustrates me

Bit more quality it could be so much better...

gasband

Ad-free Member
I understand he is not the out and out striker but for goodness sake, he is no Jamie Carragher, he has been touted as a forward who can easily walk into the Barca team, a forward should have scored half the goals in the position that Suarez find himself in, even for someone who is not and out and out striker.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Can we all remember that Luis is probably carrying a knock and is definitely exhausted after playing at altitude only a few days ago. You want to try that and put in a commanding performance? Rodgers is the reason we don't have a striker alternative on the bench.
Disagree strongly there. FSG and to a lesser extent Ayre our the main culprits.

Gears

TIA Regular
He is not an out-and-out striker by any means; he needs a foil who is a striker though.

I'd take this score now.
We are playing suarez as the top striker, not the second striker. We should be asking the player in the hole to do all this.

gasband

Ad-free Member
sorry its not just this match. He has been missing so many chances from dun know God when.

And you know what, if Reading does equalise, we are going to blame everyone else except Suarez because he embarks on mazy runs, works hard and tries his best for the team except scoring a goal out of the so many chances he gets. Yes I am speaking out of frustration looking at him play.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Disagree strongly there. FSG and to a lesser extent Ayre our the main culprits.
I don't think either of those parties told Rodgers not to put any of Yesil, Morgan, or Ngoo on the bench for this game. Youth players, yes, but all of whom deserve a chance.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
can someone tell me why the commentator is trying to make an issue out of the crowd calling for free kicks or not being happy when they arent given? Did i imagine it in the past or is this actually the first game where the crowd has done this??? Also trying to make issue of suarez diving again, yes he built up a rep for diving but when he is clearly chopped down and gets nothing he cant seem to build a rep for being unfairly treated by refs can he?

TFC

TIA Squad Member
I don't think either of those parties told Rodgers not to put any of Yesil, Morgan, or Ngoo on the bench for this game. Youth players, yes, but all of whom deserve a chance.
Neither or those parties told him to make his main/first priority spending the transfer budget buying midfielders from Swansea...

Julekalender

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

please don't fuck up please don't fuck up please don't fuck up [/background]

Reactions: RMP

captain chaos

TIA Youth Team
Suarez was bought to play with Torres if i remember rightly, with Gerrard playing just behind Torres and someone else on the other wing that'd been one heck of a front 4

Reactions: TFC

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
The misses are frustrating, but don't forget that Suarez did create the goal that did win this game!

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
disagree with both points, when fsg gave us money people moaned at how it was spent, when they give a little less money as to not get burnt again people moan at how it was spent, the transfer window was a cock up but nothing can be done about it till Jan, maybe we would have been better off bankrupt similar to the likes of portsmouth if FSG hadn't come in, play a different record for god sake.

As for Ngoo, Morgan and Yesil all have a hell of a lot to do to prove they are worth of a place in the first team, Suso, Sterling and Wisdom are all proof the manager is willing to give youth a chance if up to it, so it says a lot to me these 3 arent in the squad. Yesil is just in the door and has been playing a fair bit of youth international football, Ngoo was being left out of the ressies a few weeks ago and Morgan, is a decent finisher in the youths and reserves, so were Mellor and Lee Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.