• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 31/3/19 4:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Tough game against a team a bit all over the place so bound to be fucking dangerous against us,i'll take a 2-0 scrappy win with a goal in each half with one for Salah which Kane appeals to the prem goal panel for,they don't park the bus this lot so we'll have plenty to go at.

LFCFFC

Bloody hell, 9 days away!? These international breaks are the worst. Hopefully the refs will be semi competent and see past the inevitable diving and flopping from these wankers.

If we play to our best we'll have too much for them. A good result here will give us some fantastic momentum to start April, which will probably be a season-defining month.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Here's an interesting fact about this match: I fucking hate Spurs and their stupid fat-faced gimp of a manager. I hope they drop out of the top 4 and take a massive fucking nosedive next season, whereby their new stadium will be an albatross around their collective necks.

We owe these fucks a twatting after last season's debacle at Anfield. Another fun fact: Harry Kane is an ugly cunt and a one-dimensional footballer. I will never, as long as I live, forget his idiotic shit-eating grin after the match, saying - in his fucking mong voice that sounds like his mouth is full of marbles - "You don't give me two chances!" We didn't, you fucking shithouse, the ref did.

In conclusion: Smash them, they're shit.

treboeth

After the other struggling club London game where we finishing with a scrappy 1-2 away win, I hope we can up our game and come away with 3 points and a clean sheet.
As long as that bloody defender and awful keeper can get their heads together and not let any errors creep into the game :think:;-).

MrKlopp have faith in those two please and keep Migs&Moreno in reserve lol

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Any idea when you will be done with the Southampton preview? Looking forward to it. Thanks.
I think @Scott Jones has submitted it to the Mods to confirm its all ok for the forum, he will then send to his Stats guru just to make sure its all up to date, before reading it out loud 5 times in Town Hall Square to check the flow is in check. Then we will all see it in its splendour. Def worth the wait.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Tough game against a team a bit all over the place so bound to be fucking dangerous against us,i'll take a 2-0 scrappy win with a goal in each half with one for Salah which Kane appeals to the prem goal panel for,they don't park the bus this lot so we'll have plenty to go at.
Only 1 swear word?

I think we have this one. 2 seats in the Kop, lovely. Had to negotiate mothers day, but i think its sorted.

Hope we smash them before half time, then just play with them after the break.

RedForever2014

Firstly, let's hope for a ref who has the balls to not give "Ingerlund's" illustrious captain Harry Vain every decision he asks for like last season.

We've improved against the top six, but really need two wins versus this lot and Chelsea to see the sort of return that can underpin title wins.

13 points from 24 thus far, really needs to be 19 from 30 by the end of the Chelsea match.

After a WDWDW sequence that thankfully ended at Fulham with a second consecutive win, we really need to see four more W's added to that sequence before we play Huddersfield. It's City's matches before then where they'll drop points if any, and if they don't we simply have to keep up.

We'll have to see who is fit of course before selecting teams, but I really hope Klopp finally has the stomach to leave Henderson out of matches against the top sides, as Fab, Gini and Milner is our best midfield.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
Firstly, let's hope for a ref who has the balls to not give "Ingerlund's" illustrious captain Harry Vain every decision he asks for like last season.

We've improved against the top six, but really need two wins versus this lot and Chelsea to see the sort of return that can underpin title wins.

13 points from 24 thus far, really needs to be 19 from 30 by the end of the Chelsea match.

After a WDWDW sequence that thankfully ended at Fulham with a second consecutive win, we really need to see four more W's added to that sequence before we play Huddersfield. It's City's matches before then where they'll drop points if any, and if they don't we simply have to keep up.

We'll have to see who is fit of course before selecting teams, but I really hope Klopp finally has the stomach to leave Henderson out of matches against the top sides, as Fab, Gini and Milner is our best midfield.
I hope he has the balls to keep him out of matches period. That will be a huge difference to the way we play, more fluid fast and very dangerous. not the predictable back and side way passes and slow play.

RedForever2014

I hope he has the balls to keep him out of matches period. That will be a huge difference to the way we play, more fluid fast and very dangerous. not the predictable back and side way passes and slow play.
For me Henderson is the elephant in the room that is our title and CL chances.

Fabinho is a vastly superior player, and using both Fab and Henderson with one of Gini and Milner left out, removes other qualities from the side.

If we get to the CL final and Henderson starts ahead of any of those three, it will be ridiculous.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team

Fabinho is a vastly superior player, and using both Fab and Henderson with one of Gini and Milner left out, removes other qualities from the side.

If we get to the CL final and Henderson starts ahead of any of those three, it will be ridiculous.
I think Klopp uses him as a cheer leader, just to shout at the players from time to time. The team sometimes need that, but not this Liverpool. We are way better than this now, and we need someone who can actually play. Dont be surprised to see him captain the team in the champoins league final though. He is the manager favorite, and i hope from the deep of my heart that he doesn't become the reason for his demise.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
Biggest sign that we are in an international break:
The haters are coming out of their holes to talk bullshit about Henderson.
I dont hate anybody, just have an opinion that our captain is not a good player and should not play for Liverpool, that may not agree with what you think. I dont call you a yes man. or a bullshit talker.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Henderson is fine. That said, I expect his role to be much diminished next season. VVD should and likely will take over as captain next year, and we'll see Fabinho as one of the first names on the team sheet each match. Wijnaldum has been great, but I want to see Keita step up next season, along with bringing in some cover for the middle of the park. Ox can function as a CAM and backup for the front three. I've gotten off track here, my main point was that Hendo-bashing is lazy and generally not supported by the facts.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I hate this game. In laws coming over for lunch and the father in law is the most myoptic fan in the world. It’s either “all spurs, should be 5.0” or “the ref is corrupt; probably a “Fucking gooner”. I hate watching the game with him.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Biggest sign that we are in an international break:
The haters are coming out of their holes to talk bullshit about Henderson.
It's unlikely that anyone hates Henderson, he's a decent player, appears to be a decent and loyal bloke, and is only the second Henderson in history to wear the Liverpool captains armband.
There are however, whether you like it or not, better midfielders in our squad.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
It's unlikely that anyone hates Henderson, he's a decent player, appears to be a decent and loyal bloke, and is only the second Henderson in history to wear the Liverpool captains armband.
There are however, whether you like it or not, better midfielders in our squad.
He is all of those things. Bit of a battler as well, but he isnt in our best midfield 3.
No one being accused of hating Milner? Arguably not in our best 3 either.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
After Lucas, Hendo is probably the most unfairly maligned player of recent times. That said with the players we've signed I no longer see him as part of our first-choice midfield and particularly when Ox is back I think Fab-Gini-Ox will be our main go-to. I'd have no qualms playing him in the next game though.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

O right here’s me thinking it was FSG or Klopp for not investing in the squad, isn’t that what you keep saying? Now it’s our captain? What’s next, fucking Beryl who makes the tea?

In my humble opinion the Elephant in the room is you and your posting over the last 2 years.. You’ve dug yourself into a hole so deep you are clutching at straws in a pathetic attempt to continue your vitriol agenda..

Last edited:

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Christ Alfuckingmighty...

Any game Hendo starts between now and the end of his career is because he is the best person for the job from amongst the midfielders we have, as decided by a coach with a resume that includes league and cup titles, as well as two CL finals.

He is the captain of our club for a reason, and, some will be sorry to hear, not a single fucking one of us has the credentials to question why that is the case.

Thank fuck JK is calling the shots and not the mashers...

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
One more thing that shits me about the the Hendo discussion...

I bet if those who think that Virg should be in charge were to actually say it to the big fella's face, they'd get a good fucking slap for being so disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.