Pre Match Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 31/3/19 4:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedForever2014

O right here’s me thinking it was FSG or Klopp for not investing in the squad, isn’t that what you keep saying? Now it’s our captain? What’s next, fucking Beryl who makes the tea?

In my humble opinion the Elephant in the room is you and your posting over the last 2 years.. You’ve dug yourself into a hole so deep you are clutching at straws in a pathetic attempt to continue your vitriol agenda..
It's better out than in big boy, I'm pleased to have been the conduit for you letting that visible anger out.

I haven't dug any hole, I have my views and they differ from yours.

The fact that there is more than one issue doesn't detract from each issue. Just because we might win the CL or PL or both, doesn't mean we couldn't be better, or couldn't have done better (perhaps winning the CL last season, or indeed the Europa League before), had Klopp done things differently in terms of team selections and substitutions.

If your intellect can't discern the difference between there being many good things but also issues and areas to improve, that's not my problem.

We would be better if we'd invested more - we lack competition for places at full back and up front, and we have no creative midfielder plus injury prone centre backs. The stats since Gomez has been out prove the impact of the latter.

Also, we clearly do better now with Fabinho in the side, yet Klopp prefers Henderson in big matches, whether alongside Fabinho and thus reducing the creativity in the midfield (Milner is more creative than Hendo), or picking Henderson over Fab like in Munich.

Fabinho, Gini and Milner, if fit and rested (not requiring rotation), is the best midfield three we have just now.

If saying such things causes such combustion in you, please remember to take the medication.

Commando

O right here’s me thinking it was FSG or Klopp for not investing in the squad, isn’t that what you keep saying? Now it’s our captain? What’s next, fucking Beryl who makes the tea?

In my humble opinion the Elephant in the room is you and your posting over the last 2 years.. You’ve dug yourself into a hole so deep you are clutching at straws in a pathetic attempt to continue your vitriol agenda..
The myopic view of the Beryl haters on here pisses me off. Apart from making tea she can also supply a variety of coffees too. Beryl’s hot beverages were the cornerstone of our CL run last season and but for her hot water boiler going on the blink in the first half of the final I truly believe we’d have won number six.

RedForever2014

Wow, a lesser-spotted triple post by @SBYM, good stuff.

Also, hands up who likes @RedForever2014? Anyone?
What a silly post.

Read back the sequence - I post a comment that doesn't include any reference to anyone on here, just discusses club issues. Someone responds with reference to me, including insults. I respond to that, having not instigated it.

One of the issues on here, a direct reflection of the sad society off here, is that people jump on a bandwagon and 'gang up' on who they see as an easy target in order to be popular themselves.

You're clearly one of them.

One of the good things about forums is that you come across and engage with people with whom you have a common interest (the forum topic), even if you're not people who'd engage in life off here.

That means accepting that there are different views.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The myopic view of the Beryl haters on here pisses me off. Apart from making tea she can also supply a variety of coffees too. Beryl’s hot beverages were the cornerstone of our CL run last season and but for her hot water boiler going on the blink in the first half of the final I truly believe we’d have won number six.
Isn't that just a sign of professionalism? Proper tea lady checks the equipment before hand, and checks it again. Amateur mistake, if you ask me.

To my mind, Henderson can provide value in midfield, but is right now of our midfield group the one who is most susceptible to being a bad fit with other groupings. I spent a little while watching the first half of the Bayern game, specifically focusing on Henderson and then Fabinho, trying to isolate what actually changed. With Henderson-Wijnaldum-Milner, Wijnaldum is really the only one who is going to try to carry the ball through the middle of the park, and he will normally be the most forward of the three. Milner will carry it, but almost always into wide spaces, usually to the right side - otherwise, he tends to circulate the ball just the way Henderson does. Every time Henderson had the ball, his passing options forward were poor, but there was a channel available to him to carry which he wasn't going into - the net result was Wijnaldum was the most aggressive in possession, however wasn't seeing the ball, while Henderson and Milner were doing largely the same thing.

As soon as Fabinho gets his foot on the ball, a good five minutes after he is on, things change very quickly, because every time he sees those same poor passing options, he carries the ball into the central channel, forces some movement from the Bayern midfield and improves his passing angles. Firmino starts to become a possible option. Suddenly Wijnaldum is getting the ball, and when he carries from where he gets it, usually just over the half, Mane and Robertson are both on. Milner is getting the ball further forward and with a clear opportunity to take on a midfielder whose supporting defender is worried about Salah, and TAA has space to bomb into.

My take away is that with that group of three, Henderson is just too similar to the properties the other two have. Nothing truly wrong with the component parts, but for most opponents, we need a different balance in the midfield.

Also worth noting that I had not quite realized how much of Henderson's time in that game he was carrying the injury he left with - the first knock happened in the first 5 minutes.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
It's better out than in big boy, I'm pleased to have been the conduit for you letting that visible anger out.

The fact that there is more than one issue doesn't detract from each issue. Just because we might win the CL or PL or both, doesn't mean we couldn't be better, or couldn't have done better (perhaps winning the CL last season, or indeed the Europa League before), had Klopp done things differently in terms of team selections and substitutions.

If your intellect can't discern the difference between there being many good things but also issues and areas to improve, that's not my problem.

We would be better if we'd invested more - we lack competition for places at full back and up front, and we have no creative midfielder plus injury prone centre backs. The stats since Gomez has been out prove the impact of the latter.

Also, we clearly do better now with Fabinho in the side, yet Klopp prefers Henderson in big matches, whether alongside Fabinho and thus reducing the creativity in the midfield (Milner is more creative than Hendo), or picking Henderson over Fab like in Munich.

Fabinho, Gini and Milner, if fit and rested (not requiring rotation), is the best midfield three we have just now.

If saying such things causes such combustion in you, please remember to take the medication.
Passive aggressive much? So many little veiled digs and you laughably say I’m letting out anger.

At the end of the day I cant remember the last positive post you made, so I truely wonder if you are a Liverpool supporter because we are top of the league and quids in for getting through to the last4 of the CL. You got called out by a mod so you’ve moved onto another negative point which I’m sure you will staunchly defend to your last breath.

Go outside, enjoy life.. Stop finding negatives, enjoy the positives. Today is a good day to support Liverpool.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Illuvatar v RedForever? I’ll take this one on.
Over to you Mascot......

As for the game I hope we go for the jugular, Spurs are a very tough nut to crack.Dont want to see Hendo and Fabinho in the same team and I think Milner's steel is needed here.This has to be our hardest game left, win this and we're in with a serious shout.

Team I hope to see:

......................Becker................
Trent......Matip......Virgil...... Robertson
.....................Fabinho.......................
..........Milner............... Wijnaldum........
Salah............... Firmino...............Mane

2-1 Reds.

Official Ref anyone?

PeachesEnRegalia

We. Shall. Not. Be. Moved.
What a silly post.

Read back the sequence - I post a comment that doesn't include any reference to anyone on here, just discusses club issues. Someone responds with reference to me, including insults. I respond to that, having not instigated it.

One of the issues on here, a direct reflection of the sad society off here, is that people jump on a bandwagon and 'gang up' on who they see as an easy target in order to be popular themselves.

You're clearly one of them.

One of the good things about forums is that you come across and engage with people with whom you have a common interest (the forum topic), even if you're not people who'd engage in life off here.

That means accepting that there are different views.
Fart.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member

Why do i get the feeling that if we do the quadruple next year and finish on 112 points that you'll be moaning that we could have had a perfect season if FSG had paid for 1 extra backup CB because our first 6 were injured and 1 extra midfielder so we didn't have to use Hendo in the one and only draw we had?

Everything you say above could backfire. If we did buy a creative midfielder, say for example Fekir had arrived, how do you know he would have had a good influence on our season? Maybe, just maybe Brewster would have said stuff this i'm off. Maybe Millie or Hendo would have had a strop and not played their heart out, maybe Keita would be even further back in his development which is still quite slow as it is. My point is just because YOU think we've done things wrong doesn't mean that your way would have worked better.

What are the odds also that any CB we brought in would be as good as Matip, been happy to play as 4th or even 5th CB, been fine waiting behind a kid like Gomez. eEen worse, say the new CB had a decent start and actually kept Gomez out so we never saw how good he could become and Gomez started only a few games at the start of the season. We could have your favourite CB in there doing fairly well with us only conceding 23 goals this season and you could say that's brilliant whereas now we've actually only conceded 18 to date. Your favourite CB could come in and actually do worse than Matip meaning that we'd not currently be sitting top of the table.

Perhaps Klopp has the balance just right, a close knit group with just enough backups (not as good as our 1st 11 but decent nonetheless) to get the job done. I mean, we're on for our best finish in the PL and without City we'd be 15 points clear but once again this isn't good enough for you because you think your way would 100% make us better whilst in fact it has just as much chance at making us worse. City have done what you want us to do, spend spend spend and have 2 to 3 backups in every position. If they win their game in hand they're 1 point clear of us. After spending an extra £500m more than us (guessed the figures) wouldn't you expect them to be a little further ahead of us using the spend as much as you can method? Doesn't seem to have worked out as well as you'd think really.

Either way, if we spent another £500m were 1 point clear of them you'd be asking why we hadn't spent even more, I just get the feeling that if your parents had bought you a white Ferrari for your 17th birthday you'd be asking why they hadn't bought you a red one, oh, and there's no cup holder for my coffee.

Edit, sorry, bit off topic so yeah, think we'll beat these at home, just hope we get an early goal because i still worry about Kanes influence on refs. Probably asked earlier by someone else but any idea who the ref is on this one?

Last edited:

Show me the Mane

Spurs have gone from title contenders to battling it out for a top 4 place.
It's not their style but could they come here and play for a point.?
They know we are very good and may adapt to try and counter attack us
they have the players to make this very dangerous
that said most of the players being away on international duty gives them less time to prepare any tactical changes
any win would do but a convincing one against this lot will set us up nicely for the run in

Status
Not open for further replies.