• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 31/3/19 4:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms1986

Mmmmmm, they have Friend and Moss, I see a lot of soft penalties on the horizon.
It's Atkinson for our game and I'm fairly sure they don't know who the ref will be for the other game.

7th Earl

Here it is. The final straight. Last international break done. 7 more league games. Just feckin 7.

If we are going to do this, the time is now, starting this Sunday. The more I look at the fixtures the more I think we may need 7 wins. At worst I think 6 wins and a draw. Sounds tough but it is achievable if we ride the pressure and play to our potential.

Laying a marker down by beating Spurs with a convincing performance will put the pressure right back on City. Let's do this.

3-1.

Dutch

Ad-free Member

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I think we might see Matip keep his place ahead of Lovren and Fabinho (wasn't good at Fulham, went away with Brazil, Hendo has more experience in these games) dropped to the bench for Hendo with Millie starting as well. Matip also got a rest and Lovren looked rusty for Croatia against Hungary, so I think he remains on the bench and gets a chance in one of the next games. The rest pick themselves. Bench would then be Mignolet, Lovren, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana and Origi. Hopefully no new injuries until then.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think we might see Matip keep his place ahead of Lovren and Fabinho (wasn't good at Fulham, went away with Brazil, Hendo has more experience in these games) dropped to the bench for Hendo with Millie starting as well. Matip also got a rest and Lovren looked rusty for Croatia against Hungary, so I think he remains on the bench and gets a chance in one of the next games. The rest pick themselves. Bench would then be Mignolet, Lovren, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana and Origi. Hopefully no new injuries until then.
Reading your team means, if I am correct.....Hendo, Milner and Gini in midfield?
Hope not. Fabinho plays in the right direction, he feeds the front 3 when there is a lack of a more creative midfielder. For me its Fabinho and Gini, ideally with Oxlade. Probably a game too early though, so Keita in the forward position. We need to win, and Hendo and Milner together dont provide enough to the front 3.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Reading your team means, if I am correct.....Hendo, Milner and Gini in midfield?
Hope not. Fabinho plays in the right direction, he feeds the front 3 when there is a lack of a more creative midfielder. For me its Fabinho and Gini, ideally with Oxlade. Probably a game too early though, so Keita in the forward position. We need to win, and Hendo and Milner together dont provide enough to the front 3.
Hendo has the kind of experience and leadership needed for this match. Bashing him is lazy and too convenient. Keita hasn't show an ability to step up in big matches, and he's also coming off a long layoff.

Give me Fab/Hendo/Gini in the middle, with the possibility of Keita/Shaq/Ox coming off the bench if we need something in the second half.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Hendo has the kind of experience and leadership needed for this match.
You qouted my post, and I didnt "bash" Hendo. Because he wouldnt figure in my strongest midfield 3 isnt bashing him. You would have Fabinho, Hendo and Gini as your best 3. No one accuses you of "bashing" Milner because he doesnt feature?
Lazy and convenient to label people as anti Henderson when they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.