• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 31/3/19 4:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
On the back of an international window, I wouldn't be surprised to see a very disjointed and lackluster display from both sides. I am calling a 1-1 draw, with Salah back among the goals and a Kane penalty.

The lineup basically picks itself, with the exception of the midfield 3. Fabinho and Gini have been our best two central mids all season, the question is who do we pair them with? I think Hendo and Milner are a little too conservative and Keita has not been good enough to date. Lallana is my preference, especially after recent improvements. However, I suspect Klopp will go with Hendo.

I said a few weeks back that I think we could win the league with 95 points, which included draws with Everton and one of the Spurs/Chelsea matches. For me, this is the match we draw before hopefully going onto win the final 6 matches. I think a loss would end our realistic title chances, but a draw would only require City dropping points in 2 of their final 8.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
You qouted my post, and I didnt "bash" Hendo. Because he wouldnt figure in my strongest midfield 3 isnt bashing him. You would have Fabinho, Hendo and Gini as your best 3. No one accuses you of "bashing" Milner because he doesnt feature?
Lazy and convenient to label people as anti Henderson when they are not.
I mean..... fair enough. I guess you weren't directly "bashing" Henderson. I also didn;t label you as "anti-Henderson", so let's not put words in each other's mouths. Or anything else in each other's mouths. Thanks!

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
With mane on hot form, I’m hoping salah will have his shooting boots on as they will probably see mane as the main threat.

For me it’s a
Becker
TAA
Robertson
Matip
VVD

Lallana
Gini
Henderson

Mane
Salah
Firmino

Any win will do. But a 5-0 would be bliss. Especially if Babel or markovic (lol) can help defeat city.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Pochettino is going to have these guys playing like they can win at Anfield! W/playing out from the back, trying to entice us on to them to open up the spaces further up. Man City are going to look at this game n think Tottenham may get something..
I expect a tough game Tottenham have very good players. We need the 12th man here fans are going to play part,
3-1 reds Com'on

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Certainly not the time to start making random choices. We have time until Porto, Millie might step in there, or maybe Moreno in that first leg. Strongest side, based on form, style, experience, etc. Last season this fixture was tricky. Need to win this, I don't care how (or much less so).

Dutch

Ad-free Member
If Klopp plays Moreno on Sunday we know for sure who will be playing fullback against Porto.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Only 1 swear word?

I think we have this one. 2 seats in the Kop, lovely. Had to negotiate mothers day, but i think its sorted.

Hope we smash them before half time, then just play with them after the break.
Thanks for the reminder re Mothers Day (seriously)

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
If Klopp plays Moreno on Sunday we know for sure who will be playing fullback against Porto.
I remember a bright sunny day a few seasons ago when Moreno ran all the way up the pitch and scored against Spurs.....it was a fantastic goal
The emotional reservoir was full
Sadly it's been leaking since that day

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Thought I was checking in on the pre-Spurs thread (delighted to see it go up so early) - realized after 1 minute of puzzled reading that it's the Hendo thread (wow) - I'll just go watch some JK interviews instead - big damn match Sunday - thrilled that our team has the opportunity to thrash 'em while City stumble to Fulham

Incognito

The Normal One
Give Moreno a chance, so that he gets in rhythm to play against Porto, against whom we should anyways win if he doesn't play, and actually might give them an advantage if he plays? And thereby increase the probability of losing points in the league in the process? Thanks, but no thanks.
:eh?:

Status
Not open for further replies.