• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 31/3/19 4:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Thought I was checking in on the pre-Spurs thread (delighted to see it go up so early) - realized after 1 minute of puzzled reading that it's the Hendo thread (wow) - I'll just go watch some JK interviews instead - big damn match Sunday - thrilled that our team has the opportunity to thrash 'em while City stumble to Fulham
Disgusting isn't it?
Discussing team selection and who might & might not play.

Some even gave reasons for their choices, despicable behaviour.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
If Klopp plays Moreno on Sunday we know for sure who will be playing fullback against Porto.
Ok. So Moreno wont start against Spurs. Thats a racing certainty. I think I could get a game quicker than him.

@BostonMick
Its not the Hendo thread, but if we are discussing possible line ups we should surely mention his name?

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Don't get me wrong because I don't want to sound as if I'm being defeatist, but even if we don't win the Premier a second placed finish and we'll have done bloody well. Having said that, I want our first Premiership win in the bag and I don't care how we come by the points so long as we get enough to be champions. A premier league win will look damn good on our CV.
UPWARDS AND ONWARDS FOLKS

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I remember a bright sunny day a few seasons ago when Moreno ran all the way up the pitch and scored against Spurs.....it was a fantastic goal
The emotional reservoir was full
Sadly it's been leaking since that day
I went to that game. 5.0 away. We were staying at my in laws (he’s a big spurs fan) and when we went back there the night after the game he refused to a) put on MOTD or b) let me have his wi fit code to watch it on my laptop. Never forgotten this petty behaviour. Typical spurs fan.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Ok ok. Is it spurs next? If we beat them, could they drop out of the top 4?

Thursday night footy to grace their new stadium next season?
Not a bad chance of it, and getting back in is challenging. If LFC wins, Arsenal jump over Spurs with a win over Toon, ManU moves level with a win over Watford.

Four point lead on 6th place, need to play City and LFC, in the CL as well - definitely some pressure there. Arsenal is just one point behind, and have played everyone above Wolves. ManU is 3 back, still to play City, albeit also have Wolves, Chelsea, and Watford. Chelsea has LFC, plus ManU and Watford as harder fixtures. So Spurs have the toughest pair of games, but somewhat softer overall than ManU and maybe even Chelsea.

City might have a chance to knock Spurs out of two Champions League seasons in one week.

Nur der BvB09

Not a bad chance of it, and getting back in is challenging. If LFC wins, Arsenal jump over Spurs with a win over Toon, ManU moves level with a win over Watford.

Four point lead on 6th place, need to play City and LFC, in the CL as well - definitely some pressure there. Arsenal is just one point behind, and have played everyone above Wolves. ManU is 3 back, still to play City, albeit also have Wolves, Chelsea, and Watford. Chelsea has LFC, plus ManU and Watford as harder fixtures. So Spurs have the toughest pair of games, but somewhat softer overall than ManU and maybe even Chelsea.

City might have a chance to knock Spurs out of two Champions League seasons in one week.
I m for City to knock spurs out of Champions league and spurs somehow take reveange on them in epl:wave:

red arizona scott

Give Moreno a chance, so that he gets in rhythm to play against Porto, against whom we should anyways win if he doesn't play, and actually might give them an advantage if he plays? And thereby increase the probability of losing points in the league in the process? Thanks, but no thanks.
:eh?:
This is my feelings about the idea stated better than I could have.

donks

TIA First Team
This is the most critical game of the season and the most important game of our remaining 7 fixtures and I will tell you why.

City will win Saturday and go 2 points clear, if we lose or draw we will be 1/2 points behind and City they have another easy fixture at home to Cardiff on Wednesday. They will win that game and could be 3 or 4 points ahead of head us (3 is practically 4 with the goal difference). If the lead stretches to more than a one game swing I can't see us winning the league.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
This is the most critical game of the season and the most important game of our remaining 7 fixtures and I will tell you why.

City will win Saturday and go 2 points clear, if we lose or draw we will be 1/2 points behind and City they have another easy fixture at home to Cardiff on Wednesday. They will win that game and could be 3 or 4 points ahead of head us (3 is practically 4 with the goal difference). If the lead stretches to more than a one game swing I can't see us winning the league.
Why so difficult to add? If Citeh beat FFC they go 1 point clear. What matters is our win percentage in the remaining 7 games.
We win Sunday and that’s all that matters for another 5 days.

Nevoo34

Sleeping with the enemy
Why so difficult to add? If Citeh beat FFC they go 1 point clear. What matters is our win percentage in the remaining 7 games.
We win Sunday and that’s all that matters for another 5 days.
Who gives a flying fuck what the cheating cunts from manchestoh do?

What matters is what LFC do, fuck worrying what Human Rights FC and the wank cardigan wearing prick does.

We can't affect their results only our own.

Like fuck will I sulk if they win not will I jump for joy if they don't, be down when LFC don't win and be joyous when we do.

Too much energy being expended on fucking Citeh, do yourselves a favour and use your energy on LFC, they only thing that matters.

DanielLFC1995

Tough game against a team a bit all over the place so bound to be fucking dangerous against us,i'll take a 2-0 scrappy win with a goal in each half with one for Salah which Kane appeals to the prem goal panel for,they don't park the bus this lot so we'll have plenty to go at.
Spurs are always dangerous. Our Record against the other so called "Big Six" has been pretty good. I think we'll get a 2-1 victory, Spurs aren't at their best at the moment. Son, Eriksen and Kane are the main threats. It is the Chelsea game, at Anfield I am worried about, they always seem to get results against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.