• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Liverpool v Swansea (League Cup: Wed, 31 Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
How badly can we really play ? This was so embarrasing

JackleCube

I'm curious as to what Brendan's post match reaction will be. So far this season, other than perhaps the Arsenal game, we're yet to just be completely poor for pretty much a whole game, but this game felt like the tail end of last season all over again. I'm hoping Brendan can be ruthless as well as a good well-spoken guy, and really come out after the game, and not tear into the players publicly but at least admit that we were well below par tonight; not some shit about how things didn't go or any of that tosh.

mogggg

TIA Squad Member
Ah it's nice to be back to the days of wanting to make a long post dissecting the game to prevent me from tearing my hair out

Arminius

FSG PR plant
What a pile of shit that performance once.

BR will be under no illusions of the extent of our squad now. Perhaps a blessing is disguise.
I don't quite expect him to give up trying to make a silk purse out of Downing, but surely to Fowler he now knows he can do nothing with Cole.

Colin

TIA First Team
Fuck off with Carroll. Yeah he'd be useful to still have in the squad, but the way people lament his departure, you'd think he was some lethal poacher with an immaculate record for us, banging in 30 a season.
]
I wanted Carroll out too tbh......on the simple condition that we actually bring a striker it. What transpired was farscial....something LFC has become a bit notorious for since Comoli.

Anyway, January is getting closer.

Let's concentrate on the PL. I think we can do okay until Jan.

Tosh

TIA Regular
Nightmare!

The weakness of our squad was laid bare tonight.

As alway too many bit-part players who have neither the will or ability to wear a red shirt.

Subs made at the right time, but the tempo had already been set.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Fuck off with Carroll. Yeah he'd be useful to still have in the squad, but the way people lament his departure, you'd think he was some lethal poacher with an immaculate record for us, banging in 30 a season.

In other news, is there something in Suarez's contract that says he has to try a nutmeg/cute roll/shimmy/mazy run *every* time he gets the ball?
I love him but there are times he needs to release it rather than dribble through in impossible places. Hes over greedy at times even by a strikers standards. Only player we have who is a goal threat though....sigh.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
I wouldn't be too harsh on the players. This ones BRs fault. He made the call to start a second string side and he paid the price.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
So, Swansea, like many other supposed small clubs, have now made a habit of coming to Anfield and walk off with a result.

It's a disgrace, there is no other way to put it across. Talk about Fortress Anfield... That's only a thing of the past now I'm afraid, certainly nothing to do anymore with present times...

Colin

TIA First Team
I don't quite expect him to give up trying to make a silk purse out of Downing, but surely to Fowler he now knows he can do nothing with Cole.
I can appreciate his efforts with Downing to be honest.

What's the alternative right now?

As for Cole - it's been a debacle start to finish. Nothing to see here.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
No defensive mid. We gave them the time and space to play us off the park. How we miss Lucas.

In fairness, they have some terrific players, Michu-£2m, WHAT A BARGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.