PRE Match: Liverpool v Swansea (League Cup: Wed, 31 Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakLFC

Hi everybody,

I am really excited for this game as it will be Brendan's first against his oldie and hopefully he will know how to crack the Swans code.
I joined this forum to ask my fellow Reds how they will be watching this game? Its not being shown on Foxtel and Setanta. I am aware that its not being televised in the UK but Australia was always getting all the games. However, this time none of my local providers are showing this match. Instead, they chose to show Plastic Vs Scums. (How stupid).

My question is whether this game will be available for streaming on a website? If that is the case, then I will be happy to wake up at 6AM because I live in Australia.

Thanks for helping me out!

FreakLFC

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Hey Freak - welcome to the site.

I've been told to keep trying through this site...

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

we shall see.....

Oh, and I created a Capital One thread for non-LFC discussion in the pitchside Non LFC forum below. Can you believe this is already down to 8 teams after Wednesday? That's the competition that gets us into EL the fastest and surest way (considering one of the devil sides will go out this Wedn and from a probability standpoint we can certainly do this one again).

http://forums.thisis...ion/#entry20024

Take a look at all the ref assignments too....

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
------------------Reina--------------------
Wisdom Carragher Coates Robinson
----------Shelvey Henderson-----------
-------------------Suso--------------------
---------Downing Yesil Assaidi---------

SUBS: Jones, Enrique, Skrtel, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Suarez

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Hi everybody,

I am really excited for this game as it will be Brendan's first against his oldie and hopefully he will know how to crack the Swans code.
I joined this forum to ask my fellow Reds how they will be watching this game? Its not being shown on Foxtel and Setanta. I am aware that its not being televised in the UK but Australia was always getting all the games. However, this time none of my local providers are showing this match. Instead, they chose to show Plastic Vs Scums. (How stupid).

My question is whether this game will be available for streaming on a website? If that is the case, then I will be happy to wake up at 6AM because I live in Australia.

Thanks for helping me out!

FreakLFC
Hey Freak, Im in OZ too mate, if you ever get stuck and can't get coverage you can try LiveTV .com they stream every sport from UFC to Girls volleyball(no joke) It's a Russian site and they take streams from all over the planet. They always have every Liverpool game and normally the "Stopstream" stream is pretty decent. I use it for LFC and F1 quite a bit when I travel for work.

The other alternative is to pay about $7.50(aus) a month for LFC TV and you can get all the games and highlights via that as well. I was going to sign up for Setanta but someone here put me onto the LFC TV channel and havent looked back.

Welcome to the forums, there is a few Aussies around here

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
It'll be interesting to see the reception Brendan receives from the Swansea support. They were obviously very bitter when he left, but, since they've failed to keep up their initial form, and with ongoing rumours about the relationship between manager and players, as well as a discontentment amongst many about the more direct approach since Laudrup's appointment, there's a certain hankering for the Brendan days.

Either way, they fucking hate us. :)

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
It'll be interesting to see the reception Brendan receives from the Swansea support. They were obviously very bitter when he left, but, since they've failed to keep up their initial form, and with ongoing rumours about the relationship between manager and players, as well as a discontentment amongst many about the more direct approach since Laudrup's appointment, there's a certain hankering for the Brendan days.

Either way, they fucking hate us. :)
Didn't they sing 'who the F is brendan rodgers' when they won their opener game. I can see them sing that song a lot, unless we shut them up with an early goal.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Didn't they sing 'who the F is brendan rodgers' when they won their opener game. I can see them sing that song a lot, unless we shut them up with an early goal.
They can sing what they like as long as he succeeds here I dont care if they do well and dont miss him. I actually quite like Swansea its philosophies, way its run and love their manager to bits he is boss so got no problem with them going on and having a great future and thinking "Brendan who?" providing we get back to the level we should be at.

LeoT

Hmmm actually I might rest him for this and Newcastle then as the very last thing we want is to be stuck with an untested kid against Chelsea as odds are that would be the game he would be suspended for!!!! Would much prefer Yesil or Morgan against Newcastle than Chelsea and think Suarez should be on the bench for the cup game anyway.
Personally speaking I would rather have Suarez against Newcastle than against Chelsea.
That’s because I think we should use our best players against our direct competitors.
At this moment Chelsea are not one of our direct competitors because they are going for the title, however Newcastle, Everton, Spurs & Arsenal are fighting for 4[sup]th[/sup], 5[sup]th[/sup] , 6[sup]th [/sup] or 7th places so we need to take points off them.

Also, this is another competition that would bring us European football next season, we really shouldn’t take that for granted.
Swansea are not an easy team to play against, they pass and move the ball well, they press as a unit too.

If this league cup is won by a non-top 5 club then there will be one less Europa league place for us next season.
If this FA cup is also won by a non-top 5 club then we would need to finish 5[sup]th[/sup] to get Europa footie next season.

Though we criticise the league cup (or whatever its called this season), we may benefit by winning it.

FreakLFC

You are spot on Leo T. Some may accept it or not but this cup is as important as any other now.

FreakLFC

Thanks EveryGameNoExcuses. That was really helpful and I apologise to all for the consecutive posts.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
If Johnson is likely to be fit for the Newcastle game I'd like to see Enrique at LB again. He needs game time to improve. Coates and Carra in the middle. Wisdom on the right.

Through the middle Sahin, Henderson, Shelvey

Up top Suso, Yesil, Downing or Cole.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
You are spot on Leo T. Some may accept it or not but this cup is as important as any other now.

Nay not for me. We won it last season so its not as important for us IMO. The League is the most important thing for us this season and finishing 4th. If we don't finish in the top 4 then I don't want Europa League next season as it'll only make it harder to finish in the top 4 next season. We are what 7 points off of 4th today, a good run of results and we'll be back in the race for 4th.

Plus one injury to Suarez and our season could be over so I wouldn't take that chance. Gerrard is in his 30s so he should play either, Sterling is playing a lot at his young age so he needs to rest after an energetic performance in the Derby.

...........................................Jones...........................................

Wisdom............Carragher................Coates............Robinson

........................Henderson...............Shelvey..........................

......Downing........................Suso......................Assaidi.........

...........................................Yesil............................................

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If Johnson is likely to be fit for the Newcastle game I'd like to see Enrique at LB again. He needs game time to improve. Coates and Carra in the middle. Wisdom on the right.

Enrique has tweeted about getting ready for tomorrow so you may get your wish although Id personally prefer to see Robinson get a run out.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Enrique has tweeted about getting ready for tomorrow so you may get your wish although Id personally prefer to see Robinson get a run out.
I really like Robinson but he has time on his side unlike Enrique who needs to quickly prove his worth. It's a big statement to him that Johnson has been picked (playing out of position) over Enrique time and time again.

They way the Swans play, Robinson would be ideal however.

For all we know BR might decide to stick Enrique in against his mates on Sunday so rest him tomorrow.

LeoT

Nay not for me. We won it last season so its not as important for us IMO. The League is the most important thing for us this season and finishing 4th. If we don't finish in the top 4 then I don't want Europa League next season as it'll only make it harder to finish in the top 4 next season. We are what 7 points off of 4th today, a good run of results and we'll be back in the race for 4th.

Plus one injury to Suarez and our season could be over so I wouldn't take that chance. Gerrard is in his 30s so he should play either, Sterling is playing a lot at his young age so he needs to rest after an energetic performance in the Derby.

...........................................Jones...........................................

........................Henderson...............Shelvey..........................

...........................................Yesil............................................
I honestly don't think we will get 4th place this season.

Also, I would take Europa football over no European football no problem.
Without Europa this season, we probably would have sent players like Shelvey, Suso & Wisdom out on loan this season because they wouldn't have been guarenteed enough first team football.
Then when Lucas, Enrique and Martin Kelly all got injured we would have had no one to call on. (...just like the Carroll situation).

costared

TIA Reserve Team

I don't see how we can leave Assaidi out, frankly I think he might be in our best 11 given the chance. I think he would work well with Yesil anyhow and think he must start on Wednesday.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I don't see how we can leave Assaidi out, frankly I think he might be in our best 11 given the chance. I think he would work well with Yesil anyhow and think he must start on Wednesday.
I agree he must start. To be honest with you I totally forgot about the lad! haha

And if he does well against the Swans I wouldnt mind seeing him against Newc.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
I am a fan of young Robinson, but right now our main LB is Enrique.And he badly needs game time.
He is not going to get an easier tie than a league cup.He needs to play this.

I hope Pacheco gets a look in.I hope that before all the matches.

The likes of Suso & Sahin need to be used for this match.Especially Suso.I think he has been overused by BR and he shouldn't be starting the league games.We are expecting too much from the young lad.Cup games are better for his growth.

Having Sterling & Assaidi starting league matches is better.
My team

--------------------------------------Jones------------------------------------------
Wisdom---------------Carra--------------------Coates---------------Enrique
-------------------------Hendo-------------------Sahin------------------------------
Cole---------------------------------Suso-------------------------Downing
------------------------------------Pacheco-------------------------------------

gr_sounder

Would it help if you realized that we're highly highly highly unlikely to finish in the top 4 this season? Honestly, this is a rebuilding process that is going to take years as a major reconstruction of the team was required. Next year we should be able to compete for a top 4 spot, but it will be tough to get back there right away. Look to the 2014/15 season and beyond for top 4 regularity and competing for the league.

I agree that the team should be something like this.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I am a fan of young Robinson, but right now our main LB is Enrique.And he badly needs game time.

The likes of Suso & Sahin need to be used for this match.Especially Suso.I think he has been overused by BR and he shouldn't be starting the league games.We are expecting too much from the young lad.Cup games are better for his growth.

My team

--------------------------------------Jones------------------------------------------
-------------------------Hendo-------------------Sahin------------------------------
------------------------------------Pacheco-------------------------------------
So you would start Suso and Enrique on a Wednesday after they played the derby on Sunday? Not saying thsts wrong but your reason to use Suso was to rest him from league games.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I'd like to see Suso used in the middle instead of out wide where he can influence play more; he could always be subbed after 65-70 mins if he's fatigued. The more he sees of the ball the better imo and Swansea won't ruff him up because they like to play football too.

WrinkledMind

So you would start Suso and Enrique on a Wednesday after they played the derby on Sunday? Not saying thsts wrong but your reason to use Suso was to rest him from league games.
I said Suso has been used a lot in the league.He needs to feature in Cup competition.Overworked in big matches....not overworked per say.
Suso shouldn't start in the league games, unless we are playing teams like Reading, Wigan etc.Smaller sides who are not as physical as Stoke.Also not the important matches like derbies or against big teams.I know he did well against Utd, but he doesn't need pressure being put on him.
Also he featured only for 45 mins on the weekend and was largely lost.

Enrique on the other hand needs game time.More for his confidence rather than anything else.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I said Suso has been used a lot in the league.He needs to feature in Cup competition.Overworked in big matches....not overworked per say.
Suso shouldn't start in the league games, unless we are playing teams like Reading, Wigan etc.Smaller sides who are not as physical as Stoke.Also not the important matches like derbies or against big teams.I know he did well against Utd, but he doesn't need pressure being put on him.
Also he featured only for 45 mins on the weekend and was largely lost.

Enrique on the other hand needs game time.More for his confidence rather than anything else.
Fair enough. But for what its worth I thought he personally was doing really well in the derby but after our game changed after second goal the team shape wasnt working. Agree with the sub but it was tactical not to do with how he personally was doing. Lad is magic with the ball but we needed a solid player without the ball instead.

Liverpaul_FC

TIA Reserve Team
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

---------------------Jones-----------------------
--Wisdom-----Carra---Coates------Enrique--
--------------------Hendo-------------------------
-----------Shelvey--------Sahin---------------
--Downing--------Yesil------------Assaidi--------

Subs: Gulacsi, Skrtel, Robinson, Allen, Gerrard, Cole, Suarez[/background]

RedSeven

On the one road
Will BR put out a strong side to be sure of securring a win against his former team.AM looking forward to see how well Allen does against his former teammates

OhYaBeauty

My team

Pacheco is an attacker, but he cannot lead the line as a striker. We tried that already this season (can't remember which match) and it didn't work out. He flows to the wings or deep too often (like Suarez) but doesn't have to quality to do the mazy runs that Luis does.

He'd be great on either wing and I could even see him in the AM role given his work rate, but he can't play as a center forward

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Pacheco is an attacker, but he cannot lead the line as a striker. We tried that already this season (can't remember which match) and it didn't work out. He flows to the wings or deep too often (like Suarez) but doesn't have to quality to do the mazy runs that Luis does.

He'd be great on either wing and I could even see him in the AM role given his work rate, but he can't play as a center forward
Was it Young Boys or Hearts away? But yeah fantastic against West Brom as an AM and done really well every time Ive seen him play on the left!

WrinkledMind

Yes Pacheco is better served at hole, but I was hope Suso gets some time in the centre there.
I don't like Suso on the wings.He is not that effective there.He is good on the ball and can play good through balls, or neat one twos etc.

Pacheco can't lead the line but he can play as false nine.
Plus the top 4 can be mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.