PRE Match: Liverpool v Swansea (League Cup: Wed, 31 Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhYaBeauty

Agreed with your whole first paragraph. But Pacheco can't lead the line or play as a false nine. He is incapable of playing centrally. He is not a central striker, a false nine, or a center forward. He's an attacking player who can play as a wide forward, a second striker, or and attacking midfielder.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I'd still put him in, more important for him to get a chance even if it's not in his ideal position. We have 4 positions where he could do a job depending on the opponent and players around him, but 3 where Rodgers would realistically play him. Hope he's at least included on the bench with instead of Cole par example who it looks like is being kept out until January to prevent an injury or something... even if he's sitting on the bench out there you just never know!

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Jones - Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson - Allen Shelvey Cole - Assaidi Downing Yesil

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Would it help if you realized that we're highly highly highly unlikely to finish in the top 4 this season? Honestly, this is a rebuilding process that is going to take years as a major reconstruction of the team was required. Next year we should be able to compete for a top 4 spot, but it will be tough to get back there right away. Look to the 2014/15 season and beyond for top 4 regularity and competing for the league.
People sort of forget that the Europa League is useful for maintaining club coefficient. A big part of Citeh's struggles come from tougher opposition than other clubs face, because their club coefficient is still quite low - hence being in that brutal group this year. They are gaining quickly now (up to 19th from 28th) because it is a 5 year moving average, but they are still labouring under the weight of not playing in Europe in 09-10. By contrast, their CL performance last year earned them only a tiny (.05) amount larger than the 20.0 they earned in 08-09. Thanks to Rafa's herculean efforts, we are still ahead of them, but those years are fading off. The Europa League gives us a chance to make sure we are not starting from nothing.

Ataturk

★★★★★
Jones​
Wisdom Carra Coates Enrique​
Sahin Hendo Shelvey​
Downing Yesil Assaidi​

That team should be enough to see of Swansea, who I don't think are as great as their start's suggested. We should be looking to go far in this again, especially with Arsenal looking out tonight and Chelsea/Utd out tomorrow.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Arsenal scoreed 7 goals to 1 to win that game, from 4 nil down to win 7-5 amazing stuff

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Arsenal scoreed 7 goals to 1 to win that game, from 4 nil down to win 7-5 amazing stuff
End to end stuff...enjoyed it..though can't say much about Arsenal defending as a unit...

Probably one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the arsenal...if they can cover their eyes everytime Reading got the ball in the Arsenal half....

LeoT

End to end stuff...enjoyed it..though can't say much about Arsenal defending as a unit...

Probably one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the arsenal...if they can cover their eyes everytime Reading got the ball in the Arsenal half....
Arsenal were poor 1st half, Reading were even poorer 2nd half.
As soon as I saw the 4mins of stopage time I knew they would lose.

...I bet we'll still manage to drop points to Reading when we play them in the league though.

D.hughes

TIA Youth Team
Jones​
wisdom carra coates enrique​
shelvey hendo cole​
downing yesil assaidi​

nemeth29

TIA New Signing
Been flat out with work lately so looking forward to the game, first one I'll have got to see live in a long time, is it televised at all no?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Lot of strong rumours that Henderson is going to get a run out at right back which is strange one but could work. Remember he did well there in emergency against Blackburn. Did ok in derby too.

Arsenal were poor 1st half, Reading were even poorer 2nd half.
As soon as I saw the 4mins of stopage time I knew they would lose.

...I bet we'll still manage to drop points to Reading when we play them in the league though.
We beat them 1 nil mate.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
newcastle on the week end will be a physical match again, so i would let suso and sahin to play today and rest them on the weekend.
allen should start as well, he knows swansea players, and could very efficient tonight.

jones
wisdom carra coates robinson
allen
sahin shelvy
downing suso assaidi

this will be ,for me, downings last chance to redeem himself, see if with the goal last week can be a turning point.

LeoT

Lot of strong rumours that Henderson is going to get a run out at right back which is strange one but could work. Remember he did well there in emergency against Blackburn. Did ok in derby too.

We beat them 1 nil mate.
...the season's not over yet mate

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Wisdom really deserves a rest, even if it means Henderson doing a job there tonight (game is probably too early for Flanagan to get back in, he'll maybe need an outing or two for the U21's).

Think we can do them, as Ataturk said I don't think they're good as their start suggest, actually, I feel part of that has already been found out in some of the last few games. Still not sold on this Laudrup + Swansea idea.

Rodgers will hopefully pick the right tactics knowing the opponent.

Oh since it's not televised... will this be another night like Northampton?

shachart

Suso as a CF? Bin Downing, put Suso out wide, bring in Yessil or Morgan and it looks good to me!​
you got to have some experienced players.
most of the line up is under 21.

OhYaBeauty

But Suso isn't a center forward. He's not really a wide forward, either, he's an attacking midfielder. Playing him (or Pacheco, for that matter, or Sterling, or Assaidi) as a center forward will get us nowhere

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Our line up for the Derby had an average age of under 24 and should of won. And thats the Derby away. This is league cup at home against nice playing Swansea who will probably be fielding their second string. Today will come down to which team is most technical and which system is better implemented not which players are most experienced or physical.

shachart

But Suso isn't a center forward. He's not really a wide forward, either, he's an attacking midfielder. Playing him (or Pacheco, for that matter, or Sterling, or Assaidi) as a center forward will get us nowhere
than who ?

the only CF we have are suarez, yessil and morgan. everybody seems to agree that suarez should be rested, which leaves us with Yessil who is 18 and 6 month, or morgan who is one month older.
if you want them to succed, they need to play near experienced players, you can't just throw them in, or they will fail and never learn.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
than who ?

the only CF we have are suarez, yessil and morgan. everybody seems to agree that suarez should be rested, which leaves us with Yessil who is 18 and 6 month, or morgan who is one month older.
if you want them to succed, they need to play near experienced players, you can't just throw them in, or they will fail and never learn.
I remember the last time the club started giving senior chances to young strikers out of the academy. Didnt turn out to bad for Fowler or Owen. And there is an argument to be made that the more of their regular team mates around them the more comfortable and confident theyll be. Itll be Yesil starting Suarez on bench or other way round as Morgan an Sinclair are in Germany mucking about with a tractor begore the next gen game haha.

Tosh

TIA Regular
I think we'll see Pacheco - or at least I hope we do.

But I'd like to see Adam Morgan given a run, and I think we'll certainly see Joe Cole.

I'm not sure on the fitness level of Flannagan.

OhYaBeauty

than who ?

I agree we should blend them in slowly. You shouldn't throw a teenager into the squad. Especially in a position he's not familiar with. Like playing Suso as a striker. That's even worse than giving Samed Yesil a shot there.

I remember the last time the club started giving senior chances to young strikers out of the academy. Didnt turn out to bad for Fowler or Owen. And there is an argument to be made that the more of their regular team mates around them the more comfortable and confident theyll be. Itll be Yesil starting Suarez on bench or other way round as Morgan an Sinclair are in Germany mucking about with a tractor begore the next gen game haha.
Wasn't the last one technically Mellor?

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I've never been a big fan of Pacheco myself; he seems to be neither fish nor fowl: He doesn't score that many and he doesn't make a lot of assists. If he'd have had the right stuff he'd have broken through to the first team squad a couple of years ago wouldn't he?

funkynoise74

Jones - Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson - Allen Shelvey Cole - Assaidi Downing Yesil
I saw this on Twitter last night from a guy who seems to get it right every time.

Bit gutted that Cole is anywhere near the starting line up and Pacheco isn't, but looking forward to seeing Yesil.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Henderson as right back?! I dunno. What happen to flanno?
I looking forward to see cole in the middle actually, he got the skills he just need to be less eager when on the ball.

Superior Complex

Its safe to say we will play some good football, the most important question can we get some goals in ? I hope so.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Swansea won't be as physical as WBA were in the previous round so it could be a chance for the likes of Yesil and it would be also good for Assaidi to start scoring goals with the way he can easily set himself nicely for a shot breaking into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.