• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Watford (EPL 27/02/2019 20.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show me the Mane

I saw on LFC TV the league table after 27 games this season and last season
it's like getting up in the morning and looking out of the window and seeing sunshine instead of rain
it put a smile on my face
Another clean sheet tomorrow and 3 points. Trent and Keita back in

santana

in case firmino not fit
my selection 4231
Alisson
TAA VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Gini
Milner Keita Mane
Salah
why milner instead of shaq ?
because milner is faster !
my selection 433
Alisson
TAA VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Gini Keita
Salah Shaq Mane
and tell shaq if you got a chance to shot do not think just .. shot !

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
I'm not sure if there is much to it or if I am stretching, but a lot of our poor results this year have been midweek fixtures. See City, Leicester, West Ham, Bayern. Unfortunately the Watford match is another midweek fixture and comes at a time when we have some players struggling with fitness. I'm assuming TAA comes in for Milner and Shaqiri for Firmino. Another change could be Keita for Hendo and Milner for Robbo if he is struggling with his shoulder.

This is a must win fixture for me. But a solid 2 or 3 - 0 would be a huge psychological boost. However, I am expecting another nervy game with a single goal likely being enough.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Please no Sturridge or Origi from the start. Stick Mo up top from the start and then throw some of those guys later on if we can't break them down. In this case, probably Shaqiri gets the nod on the right, we'll see if he's got rhythm. I want Trent back in for Milner and Keita back in midfield. Probably Fabinho just pips Hendo in this one and Hendo maybe returns for Everton, in whichever combination. Another combination would maybe be to switch Mane over to the right, play Keita off the left half-space and use Lallana as a #10 (the only one apart from Bobby from our remaining fit players who Klopp trusted to play that role) to do sort of what Bobby does if terms of pressing and linking our midfield and attack (our basics), which was very problematic against United. But we'll probably keep the 4-3-3 and give Keita freedom to attack together with Gini (maybe less so than Naby). Our ball retention in the opponent's half needs to be much better than against United when we were lumping it too much, abandoning our principles. Need a good win here again against a solid side with practically no injuries, only one player (who isn't a regular starter anyway) out/being a doubt.

Alisson
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita
Shaqiri Salah Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Moreno, Henderson, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi.​

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Am a bit worried with our recent form that this game could end up being a bit fruity with yellow tinges

RodM

Thank God someone started this!

I think the team will be dependent on the fitness of some regulars but I'm hoping to see Trent back at right back.

Assuming that Bobby is injured and Keita is a doubt I'd try for this:

4-2-3-1
Alisson
Trent VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Hendo
Milner Gini Mane
Salah

Now that is pretty far forward for Wijnaldum but I think he could offer that creative edge in the final third that we have been lacking of late but still with the ability to drop back to form a 4-3-3 if needed.

BTW - what's the TV situation with this? I had a look on DAZN and it was showing as being on delayed at 22:00. Is that 22:00 GMT or CET? I have my desktop set to GMT at the moment so I don't know if that's what it was picking up on. Regardless I'll probabl;y go for a swim before hand and try to do a Likely Lads job to avoid the score.

RedForever2014

………………..Alisson
TAA...…….Matip…….VVD...…...Robertson
………..Hendo……..Fabinho
……..Mane...….Gini...….Keita
……………...Salah

I see nothing that Milner, Shaqiri, Lallana, Origi or Sturridge can offer that would better that 11.

Robertson could do with a rest, but I don't think Anfield could handle the nerves that follow when Moreno is on the pitch.

santana

milner is better
he is mix of ( power expert speed )
in 4231 his position is here
milner keita mane
and fabinho behind him to cover trent
the output of this space ( milner keita mane salah ) is speed !
and because you got a strong defense then fabinho and gini can be more relax just play calm smart game !

big noyd

ugh, bobless when we need to win is suboptimal

would rather see keita or shaq as an extremely false 9 than studge or origi, they just don't provide much of anything at this point

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Lawro has us down for the win, so it's going to be a tough match following his attempted kiss of death. Doubly so, with graham "the scousers won't score, not on my watch, not if I can help it" scott in charge. And to make matters worse, though it pains me to say it, once again a member of our little cabal (no names, no pack drill) has trivialised the correct application of the "Musa sapientum fixa cutis" ©™.

The correct timing is critical for it's efficacy and can be completely undone if misapplied by those untutored in the mystic arts. It is essential that the emphatic aspects are correctly aligned with to the cusps of the first, seventh, tenth, and fourth houses of the grand trine.

Failure to ensure that they are in conjunction is likely to result in your quadrants being void-of-course and the retrograde mutable signs will result in the Mem coming down hard on your masculine orbs with her planetary ruler ascending Uranus.

So, without further ado:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
If Bobby is out I would go with.

4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond)

Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita
Shaqiri
Salah Mané

Leave all the players out that could slow us down. Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Origi, Sturridge.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
I'm going to this game with my daughter for her 21st. Will head to the Albert later. Think it's more of a present for me than for her but I'll take it. See some of you there ... You can't miss me, I'll be the guy wearing a Liverpool jersey

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I know most people will disagree with this idea but I would go with Big Div up front. He has power, pace, size and strength and will give them something different to our midgets up front.I would play Fabinho at the back and bring Keita back.Would play Gini further forward and play Mo centrally just behind Origi.

Would like to see this side:

.......................Becker................
Arnold.....Fabinho.....Virgil....... Robertson
.............. Henderson.... Wijnaldum......
..........................Salah....................Keita.
Mane..................Origi...................

I predict 2-1. 3 points. Let's do this.

Last edited:

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
I just want to see our best midfield more often than not from here on in. For me that means Fab , Gini and Keita starting. The rest of the team sorts itself out assuming Bobby is fit. Let's just get back to playing fast , incisive football. Do that and we win.

P.S. Wishful thinking maybe , but I also think West Ham are capable of getting something at City. Now wouldn't that be nice.

XMarlin

The bad news...Game's not on the telly in my area...

The good news...I won't have to listen to that prick Graeme Lesaux tomorrow.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Lawro has us down for the win, so it's going to be a tough match following his attempted kiss of death. Doubly so, with graham "the scousers won't score, not on my watch, not if I can help it" scott in charge. And to make matters worse, though it pains me to say it, once again a member of our little cabal (no names, no pack drill) has trivialised the correct application of the "Musa sapientum fixa cutis" ©™.

The correct timing is critical for it's efficacy and can be completely undone if misapplied by those untutored in the mystic arts. It is essential that the emphatic aspects are correctly aligned with to the cusps of the first, seventh, tenth, and fourth houses of the grand trine.

Failure to ensure that they are in conjunction is likely to result in your quadrants being void-of-course and the retrograde mutable signs will result in the Mem coming down hard on your masculine orbs with her planetary ruler ascending Uranus.

So, without further ado:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:
What is this Goetia! How far we may fall, it will never end after one..................

Redopium

So Keita didn't play v Utd with a virus and doubtful for tomorrow, Watford will not be easy especially when our front 3 are gone so goal shy, early goal needed to wake up the anfield crowd, I think a 2-0 win. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

Joe Gomez x

Glad to see this posted, officially starts my excitement towards the game. Hoping for a 3-0 statement making game but will take a scrappy 1-0 ( that’s how United won most of their titles back in the day ). Hoping to see Trent and Bobby back to full fitness.

——- Alisson——
TAA-Matip-VVD-Robbo
Fabinho-Gini
Shaq—Keita—Mane
Salah

No start for Hendo as I will trust the defence to hold out in return for a more attacking approach for a must win game. Hendo should appear around the 70th.

No Bobby due to his recent injury, expect him to appear off the bench though.

I would like to see Sturridge dropped from the squad for a youngster like Camacho or a u23 striker, keep Origi on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.