PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Arsenal (EPL), Saturday December 29th 2018, 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Hi lads, this is from New Zealand.

Apologies for this being on a forum but can anyone help point me in the direction of where I could get tickets for the Arsenal game?

My two Liverpool mad young teen boys are in England for their first Christmas there ever with my ex-wife's family and the tickets they were promised for the Arsenal game have fallen through. They're gutted of course. At this late stage is there anywhere to get tickets? One of them is N.Z's Mo Salah in making. He'd do anything to get in.

Thanks
At this late stage you will need to be highly fortuitous to get tickets. I am sorry.

Its a long shot but the best of luck !

Perhaps you would be better trying to get tickets for the Wolves/Brighton games or if all else fails getting them a stadium tour ?

If dont mind sitting with away fans loads of tickets for Wolves game https://www.wolvestickets.co.uk/en-gb/categories/home

-The Analyst-

If we defend like we did against Newcastle on occasions then Lacazette and Aubameyang will punish us.

Our defence needs to be right on their game and our midfield need to show up. This one could go badly wrong for us so we need to be at our best. If we are, its another 3 points.
Lets put it this way; if we defend like we did against Newcastle, and Arsenal defend like they did against Brighton, this should still be a comfortable win for us.

Our defending against Newcastle was a bit sloopy. But not worse than that.

Arsenals defending against Brighton was shocking. Salah and Mane will have a field day if they defend that way tomorrow

C

Caradoc

Lets put it this way; if we defend like we did against Newcastle, and Arsenal defend like they did against Brighton, this should still be a comfortable win for us.

Our defending against Newcastle was a bit sloopy. But not worse than that.

Arsenals defending against Brighton was shocking. Salah and Mane will have a field day if they defend that way tomorrow

Quite agree, but I only care about what we do. We can’t rely on Arsenal making it easier for us but we can make sure that we don’t make it easier for them. Who knows which Arsenal will turn up? The one that took us to the wire at their place and brushed Spurs aside with something to spare or the one that played Brighton?

RedTideCT

I may be a bit slow of thought, but I've just been admiring how Herr Klopp has gone about building the ideal squad. It's fairly widely acknowledged that he's addressed just about all of the previous weaknesses, yet the squad is not bloated. We also have players who can fill in in various positions (Milner, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Firmino), and even injuries to important players (Gomez, Ox) haven't derailed the team. Despite that, there don't appear to be unhappy players sitting in the fringes, and everyone (okay, except maybe Moreno, according to recent rumours) seems to be ready to come in and play their part when needed. More evidence of JK's genius?

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
This is the game where we will really see whether being 6pts clear affects the players. My belief is that after 3 final loses with Klopp they will be so determined that they won t have time to get nervous.... The gloss of the new trainer seems to be wearing off arsenal. And their defence is The best at the moment... what do they do? park the bus? or attack and be damned?
As for us, win the next two games and go at least 10 pts clear of citeh !!!! and city desperately need top beat us just to keep up with us... happy days !

I expect 2 or 3 changes today, and the best 11 to be saved for citeh. a defining two games.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team

Apologies for this being on a forum but can anyone help point me in the direction of where I could get tickets for the Arsenal game?

My two Liverpool mad young teen boys are in England for their first Christmas there ever with my ex-wife's family and the tickets they were promised for the Arsenal game have fallen through. They're gutted of course. At this late stage is there anywhere to get tickets? One of them is N.Z's Mo Salah in making. He'd do anything to get in.

Thanks
There is very little chance of getting tickets from a legitimate source at this late stage. Stay away from ticket touts in the pubs and outside the ground. They will just rip you off and charge hundreds of pounds for a single ticket! Unfortunately, many visitors to the city are willing to pay such ridiculous amounts to get into the game.

C

Caradoc

I may be a bit slow of thought, but I've just been admiring how Herr Klopp has gone about building the ideal squad. It's fairly widely acknowledged that he's addressed just about all of the previous weaknesses, yet the squad is not bloated. We also have players who can fill in in various positions (Milner, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Firmino), and even injuries to important players (Gomez, Ox) haven't derailed the team. Despite that, there don't appear to be unhappy players sitting in the fringes, and everyone (okay, except maybe Moreno, according to recent rumours) seems to be ready to come in and play their part when needed. More evidence of JK's genius?

I have one word to say to you ......... Moreno .........

Apart from that I agree with a lot of what you say there ....... ! :-)

-The Analyst-

This is the game where we will really see whether being 6pts clear affects the players. My belief is that after 3 final loses with Klopp they will be so determined that they won t have time to get nervous.... The gloss of the new trainer seems to be wearing off arsenal. And their defence is The best at the moment... what do they do? park the bus? or attack and be damned?
As for us, win the next two games and go at least 10 pts clear of citeh !!!! and city desperately need top beat us just to keep up with us... happy days !

I expect 2 or 3 changes today, and the best 11 to be saved for citeh. a defining two games.
The games tomorrow, mate! Hope you're not down at the pub getting drunk in preperation for the game! :-)

RedTideCT

IMO, there are two major factors that have made Arsenal look better than they actually are. 1- Two good strikers and 2- Lots of luck. Their midfield and defence haven't been overly impressive, and our team definitely has the tools to expose their flaws. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win this match by two goals, so I'm expecting at least 3-1.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team

Thanks
Sorry to hear this. There are still some hospitality left. Depends how desperate you are.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability

Alternatively you could buy a LFC membership, then build a time machine and travel back to the start of last season. Go to at least 4 games and make yourself eligible for tickets for the Arsenal game tomorrow. Then travel back to the present, set up auto refresh on the LFC ticket website and then stare at the screen all day ready to use your ninja like reflexes to select a seat whenever a block goes red. That's what I had to do (not the time machine bit). Whatever you do, please don't buy from touts. They are killing the game. Good luck!

On this game, I have mates who are Arsenal fans and they are without doubt the most glass half-empty supporters I have ever come across and have been confidently predicting a thrashing (for them) for weeks now. They are very good going forward and this will be test of how defensively resilient we are. Not so great at the back though so we should score at least one.

I don't see many changes. Shaqiri probably drops out and someone more defensively minded (Fabinho?) comes in. We are a bit more open when Shaqiri plays and basketball games are OK with the likes of Newcastle but we'll want more control in there for Arsenal. This feels like a really significant game. One where we could drop points and that's what Spurs and City will be hoping for. Another win here would be massive.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
We remain unbeaten this season, and have won our last eight Premier League matches.

The arse are without a win in their last five trips to Anfield, conceding two or more goals in each match and 17 in total. We have gone seven matches unbeaten against the arse in all competitions (W3 D4). And it's been just over a month since the arse last won away. Therefore it follows:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)
I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:

Clive

Alternatively you could buy a LFC membership, then build a time machine and travel back to the start of last season. Go to at least 4 games and make yourself eligible for tickets for the Arsenal game tomorrow. Then travel back to the present, set up auto refresh on the LFC ticket website and then stare at the screen all day ready to use your ninja like reflexes to select a seat whenever a block goes red. That's what I had to do (not the time machine bit).
I’ll do this for our trip next season (not the time machine bit). :-)

Commando

The usual "I'll trust Jurgen, his staff and team to get the job done" from me. What I will say is that I have two Gooner mates. One is sound, the other is a really bad sport. I'll take the win all day knowing that Steve (Gooner1) will just take it on the chin, but Nessie (Gooner 2) will be fuming to high heaven. I myself will be chuffed to bits remembering all the abuse I got from Gooner 2 when The Arsenal where winning titles and regularly beating us.

COYR YNWA

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
So Emery thinks we can go through the season,unbeaten(big ask),but who am I to argue with him.
Certainly we can do it,as long as we stay focused with all the lads doing what we all know they are capable of.
Nice little curtain raiser to demolishing Citeh next week.
I wouldn't pay attention to what an opposition manager says about your team in the press conference before the game. Obviously he talks down his team and bigs up the opposition and hopefully lull the opposition into a false sense of security. Maybe I'd take him at facevalue after the game

1dragon

TIA Regular
A bit of a conundrum for Klopp on the right back position. Start with Clyne for stability and get a fresh TAA to fight against Sane, or start TAA in this game and opt for stability against Man City? I guess I will go for the former.

Alisson
Clyne-Lovren-VvD-Robertson
Fabinho-Wijnaldum
Salah-Kieta-Mane
Firmino

Another nervous game for me as we do not have a recent good record against Arsenal, or Emery for that matter.

sms1986

Tougher opponents than Wolves or Newcastle but we're brilliant at the moment and improving all the time. 2-1 to us, I think.

RodM

Interesting one this. Both we and Arsenal have seemingly progressed since the start of the season but whilst we have been peaking recently there appear to be cracks in the Arsenal side. Özil looks very out of sorts (which is a pity as he is a player I like a lot) but I'm not sure whether that is down to Emery or the player himself.

I suspect that Emery's honeymoon with Arsenal is over now and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes significant transfer moved in January. It may not be a bad time to be playing them.

I wouldn't say that I expect to win this one but I think we should and are quite capable of it now. How much doesn't matter. 3 points is 3 points.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
(P.S. Did I read somewhere that Enery had been given a touchline ban , and will it be in force for this game ?)
He was charged by the FA for kicking a water bottle at fans, but the hearing for it won't be until end of next week, so nah.
I doubt he will get a touchline ban, and really shouldn't. He apologized for it as soon as it happened - he kicked the bottle without thinking or realizing that it would hit the fan. You could tell he felt like an ass immediately. Much like Klopp's Blue Crimbo celebration, Emery appears to have no intention of disputing that he did what he did, simply admitting the mistake. As such, Emery will probably pay for the FA New Year's Party the way Klopp paid for the Christmas party, and we all move on.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I'm so complacent I almost can't be arsed with this, I just want the City game to come around.

I think we win this 2-0 or 3-1, something like that. There is suh a big disparity between the defences and I'm fairly certain we will win the midfield battle this time so I can only see one outcome.

Rambler

"First is first, second is nowhere". Bill Shankly.
No matter who we play JK will not be complacent. At some stage we will have a stutter. Every team does but at least we have a nice buffer now. Win this and even a point at City would be just fine. Lose this and the City game becomes more crucial.

donks

TIA First Team
I think our lads will be very much 'Up' for this game after the reverse fixture earlier this season. That was the night Arsenal 'won' 1-1 and thought they were back and ready to challenge at the top. But in fairness if you can recall that game we were very much second best for large parts and failed to match Arsenal's intensity and work rate. Klopp won't want that to happen twice and I expect a big performance and a high tempo start.

They are poor at the back but do carry a strong attacking threat. Expect 2 changes possibly 3 max with perhaps Clyne, Keita and Fabinho/Milner in contention to start. Need to keep the foot down and go into the game at the Etihad with that 7 point gap intact at a minimum. I'll go for 3-1 to The Reds.

donks

TIA First Team
A bit of a conundrum for Klopp on the right back position. Start with Clyne for stability and get a fresh TAA to fight against Sane, or start TAA in this game and opt for stability against Man City? I guess I will go for the former.

Alisson
Clyne-Lovren-VvD-Robertson
Fabinho-Wijnaldum
Salah-Kieta-Mane
Firmino

Another nervous game for me as we do not have a recent good record against Arsenal, or Emery for that matter.
We haven't lost to them since the 2014/15 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.