PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Arsenal (EPL), Saturday December 29th 2018, 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Errrr...forgetting 4-0 last year?

High scoring yes, draw...no ;-)

Their record at Anfield in recent times leaves a lot to be desired.
We have. 4-3, 4-0 and 3-1 just off the top of my head.
Found it... my bad...

04 Apr 2015 Arsenal v Liverpool L 4-1 Premier League
24 Aug 2015 Arsenal v Liverpool D 0-0 Premier League
13 Jan 2016 Liverpool v Arsenal D 3-3 Premier League
14 Aug 2016 Arsenal v Liverpool W 3-4 Premier League
04 Mar 2017 Liverpool v Arsenal W 3-1 Premier League
27 Aug 2017 Liverpool v Arsenal W 4-0 Premier League
22 Dec 2017 Arsenal v Liverpool D 3-3 Premier League
03 Nov 2018 Arsenal v Liverpool D 1-1 Premier League

Now I know why those high scoring draws are fresher in my mind -- we are always the victims of our own downfall. Has Klopp won against an Emery-led team yet?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Very unsure about this game. My kids are super confident. We have 2 seats in the Kop, and the other one in Annie Road.... just deciding who sits where?

I should be a good dad, and take one of the Kop seats and let them fight over Annie Road - so maybe we can do that.

Just got a bit of anxiety about this match, but on paper we should do it - just that Arsenal are a very good team and improving. If we win this one, it will be just unreal - what a December. And think of the pressure on others trying to keep up. Jurgen will keep the players focused and angry. That is what we need.

What I do know is that Anfield will be rocking with evening Kick Off - enough time to get merry!

Tony walker

Midfield of
Fabinho Gini Henderson for this one
Milner is out .we need the captIn out there
Otherwise would like to see
Fabinho Gini Keita
Resting the captain for city

Alright Now

Very unsure about this game. My kids are super confident. We have 2 seats in the Kop, and the other one in Annie Road.... just deciding who sits where?

I should be a good dad, and take one of the Kop seats and let them fight over Annie Road - so maybe we can do that.

Just got a bit of anxiety about this match, but on paper we should do it - just that Arsenal are a very good team and improving. If we win this one, it will be just unreal - what a December. And think of the pressure on others trying to keep up. Jurgen will keep the players focused and angry. That is what we need.

What I do know is that Anfield will be rocking with evening Kick Off - enough time to get merry!
Just make sure you knock some sense into that wonderful son of yours so that he dresses warmly this time.

Wherever you sit, you had better make yourself heard again. We’ll need you to weather that Arsenal high press early on because I think we are going to see it once more. With that depleted defense, I think Emery will need to have a go. A lot riding on Fabi and you.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
I've just read the OP by @nobluff and you know what - I feel much better about the game. Sometimes we fall deep into our own bubble and forget that other teams have issues too.... I would imagine most Arsenal fans would be very happy with a draw - but I wouldn't take that at the moment.... see this is what happens Jurgen, when you make us all believers.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I think our lads will be very much 'Up' for this game after the reverse fixture earlier this season. That was the night Arsenal 'won' 1-1 and thought they were back and ready to challenge at the top. But in fairness if you can recall that game we were very much second best for large parts and failed to match Arsenal's intensity and work rate. Klopp won't want that to happen twice and I expect a big performance and a high tempo start.

They are poor at the back but do carry a strong attacking threat. Expect 2 changes possibly 3 max with perhaps Clyne, Keita and Fabinho/Milner in contention to start. Need to keep the foot down and go into the game at the Etihad with that 7 point gap intact at a minimum. I'll go for 3-1 to The Reds.
I think they will be missing Mkhitaryan. He has been inconsistent this season, but Arsenal have looked their best to me when he is playing well and providing pace up his side. Their configuration with Ramsey in the same position but playing a very different role doesn't worry me nearly as much.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Just make sure you knock some sense into that wonderful son of yours so that he dresses warmly this time.

Wherever you sit, you had better make yourself heard again. We’ll need you to weather that Arsenal high press early on because I think we are going to see it once more. With that depleted defense, I think Emery will need to have a go. A lot riding on Fabi and you.
Its actually a bit warmer at the moment than when you visited. We are planning to go see the muriel in the Baltic triangle first, then go to Concert Square or Bierkeller before the match....

If you are planning on visiting the UK again, please let me know - will sort something out so you can see a match with regular price etc...

Nur der BvB09

When I look at this Arsenal team and see the likes of Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan memories of Klopp’s Dortmund coming back where they brushed aside opponents for fun.With Mkhitaryan get Dinomourinhosaured and out of inured I think our midfield will boss the park. But us playing home I really see a wonder to happen means us been out of shape and Arsenal at their very best to nick a draw against us. Arsenal fans are at least respectful Ones and they always like to play football as a team so I’m excited for our next 3 points YNWA

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Small blow to be without Milner here, but hopefully he's fit for City. With him fit, we would've maybe gone 4-3-3, but now I'm not sure. Klopp might go with a midfield two, Keita on the left, Mane on the right and Bobby behind Mo. Gini is a must here, so the other one should be between Hendo and Fabinho. I'd lean towards Hendo in that case, though maybe Klopp has another combination in mind with City a few days later. Will be interesting to see what Arsenal do, they've gone with a diamond in their last two games. But glad to see Bobby rested for half an hour the other day, I want him and Mo to cause their defence all sorts of problems. They had a better performance than us the last time, we had the better chances and going by them, we could've nicked it. This time we're an improved team, better stability and our attack more dangerous too. Improve on that performance, be ready for whatever formation they go for and hopefully we'll be too strong for them.

RedForever2014

So far this season we've massively upped our win rate against non top 6 sides, and have improved our return against top 6 sides.

The next step in our title challenge is to up the win rate against top six sides from the 5 matches in the second half of the season.

Last season we got 10 points from 30, this season we have 9 points from 15 (18 points pro rata).

Beating Arsenal and City would mean we have 17 matches remaining with only three matches against top six sides, two of which are at home.

That would place us in a very strong position. Huge two matches, so let's hope we start off with the right performance tomorrow.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Arsenal are a thorn. You really don't know which arsenal will turn up. They have got an inform aubameyang. Their defence is leaky though, which gives us an upper hand.
My team would be:
...............AB.............
TAA...DL..VVD.....AD
.....WIJ..FAB..NK....
...SM......RF.......MS..
Crucial game this, win it and we would be temporarily 10 points ahead of city.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Yea Torreira is a hack who will soon injure a player really bad.

I was hoping he'd get the yellow card but didn't...so I'm praying our forwards avoid him well this weekend.
Don't worry, our octopus will grab him with one of his 8 hands.
Fabinho could be the key. He will give the likes of keita or shaqs whoever starts the freedom to bomb ahead.

Alright Now

Okay, i have done as I had said. I have taken a gravy shampoo in honor of LFC going top. I don’t know how to post it. However, I have sent proof (pictures) to @Maria amd @Red_Jedi — perhaps they know how to post. Let it never be said that I did not do my bit for this title.

Over to @Lowton_Red ...

By the way, my whole family has now fled saying I reek. Ungrateful lot.

GermanRed

I have no idea which formation and players will be preferred by Klopp for this game.

Henderson had some of his best games for us against Arsenal - even before Klopp arrived. We couldn’t win the last two against them without him - in the last one he got injured after 10 minutes I think.

7th Earl

Misery of a chest infection for the last week.

The Reds have provided my only joy over the festive period. 2 more games lads. Lets get 4-6 points from these two so we can blast off in 2019.

Now that we have a 6 point cushion I would go with the strongest possible line up tomorrow and then against City. Then give the majority of our first team a rest against Wolves in the FA cup.

FilthyBloke

I absolutely love watching us, yet hate it at the same time.
I think once we have that first title, this season or not, I’ll be relaxed a bit more in these title challenges.
But since 1990 Iv wanted this title so bad. Football will be the end of me.
Every game feels like a penalty shoot out.
It’s probably why the Gerrard slip hurts more than the Michael Thomas goal. For me anyway.
Just win.
Aarrghh.

jaffod

Just noticed these play Fulham on New Years Day, wonder if it will affect how they line up? Newcastle were in the same boat and Rafa decided they'd have more chance of beating Watford tomorrow.
Arsenal are already at a disadvantage given they had a later game at Brighton and have to travel, they don't have the numbers to rotate effectively atm.
We've got enough to beat them regardless but I'd be happy to see a weakened team.

Red over the water

The longer our amazing run goes on the more I’m thinking someone is going to stop us soon. I don’t know if that’s a self-preservation sort of thing to guard against possible disappointment.

Looking at the game on its own merits, Arsenal should not be taken lightly. They have some very good attacking talent, and I think they can get at us, especially on TAA/Lovren’s side on the deck. We are very good in all departments, and so long as we don’t let our level drop, I think we will win, something like 3-1.

We are becoming quite a team, but we’ve won nothing yet and I fully expect Klopp to be managing the players in such a way that is a fine balance between carrot and stick. This could be a very special season but we can’t get ahead of ourselves.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Okay, i have done as I had said. I have taken a gravy shampoo in honor of LFC going top. I don’t know how to post it. However, I have sent proof (pictures) to @Maria amd @Red_Jedi — perhaps they know how to post. Let it never be said that I did not do my bit for this title.

Over to @Lowton_Red ...

By the way, my whole family has now fled saying I reek. Ungrateful lot.
I can say that I have seen the video. Just not sure how to post it on here....

But if we all do our little bit....

StevieJayUSA

Confident for this one myself. Seem to have their number at Anfield recently, and their defense is shit.

Looking for the midfield to boss this lot, and with that little fuck Torreira, I’d love to see some lads not afraid to put a foot in, so I’d start Fabs and Hendo in a double pivot, with Keïta and Mane outside Bobby, and Mo up top. The back five stays the same. Not too worried about a 20 year old being fit enough to go 90 in two matches five days apart.

I’ll take any 3 points, but fancy a nice 3 or 4 goal thrashing. They are a bit dangerous up front, so they could nick one. I’ll say 4-1!

Up the league leading Reds!

Status
Not open for further replies.