• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Arsenal (EPL), Saturday December 29th 2018, 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
I absolutely love watching us, yet hate it at the same time.
I think once we have that first title, this season or not, I’ll be relaxed a bit more in these title challenges.
But since 1990 Iv wanted this title so bad. Football will be the end of me.
Every game feels like a penalty shoot out.
It’s probably why the Gerrard slip hurts more than the Michael Thomas goal. For me anyway.
Just win.
Aarrghh.
Nothing beats that Michael Thomas goal. Still hurts each time I think about it. And that was 29 years ago. I am sick.
This time we are a better team than ever in the premier league era, we deserve to win the damn thing. And we will, I just need a sleeping pill that takes me to the end of April.

Joe Gomez x

This is my preferred side to face Arsenal and why I've chosen them.

Alisson - No need to explain.

TAA - I think Trent will be chosen over Clyne just off the fact that Clyne will be used in the city game to combat Sane's threat. Trent will also be useful to keep Arsenals left mid further back towards his own goal due to Trents more advanced position than Clyne and therefore depriving Arsenals frontline.

Lovern - Due to lack of other options and to be fair he is playing well (just jinxed it ,I know)

VVD - No need to question or explain.

Robbo - Not playing he best football in the past 2 games (controversial I know) but now Moreno has gone public in his displeasure over game time (most likely pissing Juergen off) will seal the deal that he won't start over Robbo.

Fabinho - Playing well and was rested over Newcastle giving hint to a start.

Hendo - Playing his best football in a good 3 years in a more advanced position, a deserving a start after a MOTM performance against the Geordies. Always shows up in big games with good tackles and simple spreading of the play spreading out the opposition. Hendo bandwagon haters take that ;-) .

Keita - Sensing a start after being rested against Newcastle and I feel he will punish Arsenals weak defense with his inbetween the lines runs. Hopefully Torreira is told to man mark Keita so it gives our attack more room against the injury ridden Arsenal defense. Shaqiri to replace him in 65/70 minutes.

Salah - Not like Markovic will start over him XD. Has the potential on his day to rip up the left side of Arsenal.

Bobby - Not playing his best this season (think teams have copped on to him). Still has a spark that keep Arsenal on their toes.

Mane - Playing well .Will start.

Please quote if you have anything to add :)

Last edited:

BigJon

Great job as usual by Nobluf
About 25 years ago I was working in the Indian Himalayas. We had made our way through massive snowfalls to a one-horse town which even the horse had left because it was so bloody cold and dismal. Snow was at 6 metres -15 degrees, it was dark and blowing a blizzard. I had managed to find some apple/brandy/ dog piss/diesel concoction in the only shop in town. Feeling sorry for myself, listening to the wind howling outside my unheated "hotel" room, I tried, with frostbitten fingers to pick up the BBC World Service. When I eventually picked up the signal the first words I heard were " Good evening everyone, welcome to Anfield for tonight's game, Liverpool v Arsenal." The sheer joy of those words. I listened to the whole game under 3 blankets with a one bar heater, a pack of Marlboro and polished off the brandy. From memory, Liverpool won 2-0. I will always have a place in my heart for Arsenal, for helping me through that frozen night.

The leagues top two goalscorers will be on show, both teams have impressive front lines. Arsenal will put up a fight and try to win the game - no bus parking for them. Barring any terrible refereeing decisions, I think Liverpool will just edge it by a single goal. Expecting the game to be very tight in the middle of the park.

Alisson
TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
Henderson Fab Gini
Salah Firminho Mane

Mignolet Shaqiri Origi Sturridge Clyne Keita Lallana

Alright Now

About 25 years ago I was working in the Indian Himalayas. We had made our way through massive snowfalls to a one-horse town which even the horse had left because it was so bloody cold and dismal. Snow was at 6 metres -15 degrees, it was dark and blowing a blizzard. I had managed to find some apple/brandy/ dog piss/diesel concoction in the only shop in town. Feeling sorry for myself, listening to the wind howling outside my unheated "hotel" room, I tried, with frostbitten fingers to pick up the BBC World Service. When I eventually picked up the signal the first words I heard were " Good evening everyone, welcome to Anfield for tonight's game, Liverpool v Arsenal." The sheer joy of those words. I listened to the whole game under 3 blankets with a one bar heater, a pack of Marlboro and polished off the brandy. From memory, Liverpool won 2-0. I will always have a place in my heart for Arsenal, for helping me through that frozen night.

The leagues top two goalscorers will be on show, both teams have impressive front lines. Arsenal will put up a fight and try to win the game - no bus parking for them. Barring any terrible refereeing decisions, I think Liverpool will just edge it by a single goal. Expecting the game to be very tight in the middle of the park.

Alisson
TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
Henderson Fab Gini
Salah Firminho Mane

You’re not by any chance Jonathan Goldsmith, Dos Equis’ most interesting man in the world?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Okay, i have done as I had said. I have taken a gravy shampoo in honor of LFC going top. I don’t know how to post it. However, I have sent proof (pictures) to @Maria amd @Red_Jedi — perhaps they know how to post. Let it never be said that I did not do my bit for this title.

Over to @Lowton_Red ...

By the way, my whole family has now fled saying I reek. Ungrateful lot.
Would love to see it!!lol
Me and a few of my mates were watching the Merseyside derby, all of them mancs, and when origi, scored, I went wild celebrating!! Like sourav ganguly Against england.
@Incognito has seen it, will post when we win the 19th!

eng.amohd

The segundo volante
Merry Xmas everyone, hoping all of you are having a great festive period!

Regarding the game, I have to admit, I have crticized the team earlier during the season and said they aren't convincing and defeats at Red Star and PSG were coming.

I have to say though that I was wrong. My biggest issue was that we were 'scraping' wins, plus our style was gone.

However, Klopp has proven me wrong (thankfully) and has taken the newly found grit and defensive nous of team and given it a style and flair that was missed. The team as Lovren puts it looks complete at the moment.

As for today's game, I predict a full strength side to make full damage to a depleted Arsenal side on good form. Salah and Mane to score.

Stanley DK

Y. N. W. A

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Okay, i have done as I had said. I have taken a gravy shampoo in honor of LFC going top. I don’t know how to post it. However, I have sent proof (pictures) to @Maria amd @Red_Jedi — perhaps they know how to post. Let it never be said that I did not do my bit for this title.

Over to @Lowton_Red ...

:shocked:

Send them to me immediately.

Commando

Ad-free Member

Over to @Lowton_Red ...

I know LOL is an overused phrase, but I am in our living room on my own Lolling at that. I look forward to seeing any photos or video of the occasion.

I absolutely love watching us, yet hate it at the same time.
I think once we have that first title, this season or not, I’ll be relaxed a bit more in these title challenges.
But since 1990 Iv wanted this title so bad. Football will be the end of me.
Every game feels like a penalty shoot out.
It’s probably why the Gerrard slip hurts more than the Michael Thomas goal. For me anyway.
Just win.
Aarrghh.
I'm with you on the 13/14 incident over the Thomas goal as its a lot more recent.

Nothing beats that Michael Thomas goal. Still hurts each time I think about it. And that was 29 years ago. I am sick.
This time we are a better team than ever in the premier league era, we deserve to win the damn thing. And we will, I just need a sleeping pill that takes me to the end of April.
As much as the Thomas goal hurt then, we won the league the following year which made me sort of feel better. The first few years after felt like a blip and I thought normal service would be resumed soon. Then the years started to drag on and the league apart from 08/09 seemed miles away from our grasp. 13/14 was the first time in all those years that I thought we were going to get our hands on it. I can't find words to express my absolute agony after that Chelsea game.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member

redaderry

Alisson
TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
Henderson Fab Gini
Salah Firminho Mane

Any pre-match thread post that starts with "About 25 years ago I was working in the Indian Himalayas." is always going to be a good read :well done:

C

Caradoc

Merry Xmas everyone, hoping all of you are having a great festive period!

Regarding the game, I have to admit, I have crticized the team earlier during the season and said they aren't convincing and defeats at Red Star and PSG were coming.

I have to say though that I was wrong.
My biggest issue was that we were 'scraping' wins, plus our style was gone.

However, Klopp has proven me wrong (thankfully) and has taken the newly found grit and defensive nous of team and given it a style and flair that was missed. The team as Lovren puts it looks complete at the moment.

As for today's game, I predict a full strength side to make full damage to a depleted Arsenal side on good form. Salah and Mane to score.

Before the match you must right and submit 1000 lines to the Moderators .......

I must never again question the great Jürgen Klopp or his methods.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

Lowton_Red

Ad-free Member
About 25 years ago I was working in the Indian Himalayas. We had made our way through massive snowfalls to a one-horse town which even the horse had left because it was so bloody cold and dismal. Snow was at 6 metres -15 degrees, it was dark and blowing a blizzard. I had managed to find some apple/brandy/ dog piss/diesel concoction in the only shop in town. Feeling sorry for myself, listening to the wind howling outside my unheated "hotel" room, I tried, with frostbitten fingers to pick up the BBC World Service.
Luxury. We used to dream of an unheated hotel room. Would have been a palace to us.
We had to make do huddled under a pile of frozen yak droppings ...

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Luxury. We used to dream of an unheated hotel room. Would have been a palace to us.
We had to make do huddled under a pile of frozen yak droppings ...
You make your own comfort, ffs. Could have fashioned a lovely igloo out of those yak droppings, but instead nothing but moaning.

Should be lively football today. Two potent offenses. Need to reign in Aubameyang. Hopefully, we find the usual leaks in their defense.
Arsenal has occasionally struggled getting the ball to Aubameyang, and his game really suffers when he gets frustrated and starts coming a little deeper. I am hoping to see a demonstration of same today.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Okay, wishing the Redmen best of luck and a good result. My heart flutters a little more every week now. I try not to think about anything but the next game and not look at the EPL table.

I will be too nervous to comment today. I will be drinking loads of Tea to calm my nerves. If I drink coffee I will be climbing the walls all night.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Okay, wishing the Redmen best of luck and a good result. My heart flutters a little more every week now. I try not to think about anything but the next game and not look at the EPL table.

I will be too nervous to comment today. I will be drinking loads of Tea to calm my nerves. If I drink coffee I will be climbing the walls all night.

Have a look my darling, it's EXTREMELY pleasant viewing :well done:

Lowton_Red

Ad-free Member
You make your own comfort, ffs. Could have fashioned a lovely igloo out of those yak droppings, but instead nothing but moaning.
I can see you haven't quite grasped the concept of "competitive inverse ostentation". I'll try again. :rolleyes:

Well, when I say 'pile' it was only a single yakpat from a very small yak, but it was a pile to us. We were happy in those days, even though we were poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.