• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 3 | Saturday August 24th | 17:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
First Top6 game of the new PL season. Having played against City and Chelsea recently in competitive games might help us.

I also think that having played the 120 minutes + 90 on saturday and now a week until Arsenal means that most of our players will be at almost 100% matchfitness. Let's see if we can get the machine running back running at it's best.

Adrian
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané

Ox to have a great impact from the bench.

Matchday 3 - time to separate the wheat from the chaff

Incognito

The Normal One
Time to go undisputed top of the table and put the pretenders down. Line up should be pretty straight forward as above except maybe Gomez/ Matip?

It's at Anfield, after a week's rest. Bobby usually steps up against them and he's already on song. All I hope is David Luiz to get sent off instead of Gendouzi (VAR missing it or whatever controversy to piss Pep even further lol), a Mustafi 'masterclass' after that and few Bobby no look goals.

Kidding, boring 1-0 would also do, thank you.

kwala

TIA Regular
I expect us to step up the performance level after a weeks break between games. Should be fresher, and better prepared.

Going to be a tough game as Arsenal's attack is playing well, however their defence is still made of rice crispies, so I can see our attack destroying them. Hard not to see a high scoring game. 4-2 to us!

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Team more or less picks itself, but the positive after Saturday is Ox's performance in midfield. He probably doesn't start here, but he could be a real option off the bench at the hour mark if we need that. Xhaka is scheduled to return against us, we'll see what they decide to do in midfield and attack in order to find the right balance, as we pose a much more serious threat than Newcastle and Burnley. Nice full week to recover, get some good sessions in and I'm confident we can rape them as usual at Anfield.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino Mane​

Wouldn't mind seeing Ox for Gini, but shouldn't matter. Arsenal to wil come at us and we'll run them right into the rocks, comfortable 4-1, they'll get a late consolation at the end.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino Mane​

Wouldn't mind seeing Ox for Gini, but shouldn't matter. Arsenal to wil come at us and we'll run them right into the rocks, comfortable 4-1, they'll get a late consolation at the end.
Bold, but I really hope we field a goalkeeper too.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Biggest decisions surround Matip or Gomez, and the midfield.
I thought Matip was solid enough on Saturday, but doesn't have Gomez' pace. I reckon Matip gets the nod.
In midfield Fabinho plus two. He is needed to change the direction and stop us being over run.
I think Ox showed real positive signs against Saints and merits a start.
So one from Gini, Hendo, Milner and Lallana.
Probably Gini. VVD skipper, Salah on the scoresheet.

eng.amohd

The segundo volante
Lineup would be pretty straight forward. Klopp has managed to navigate through the grueling week with the least possible fatigue to our 5 main players, front three and the fullbacks.

Adrian
TAA - Matip - VVD - Robertson
Gini/Ox - Fab - Hendo
Salah - Bobby - Mane

Adrian looking sharp as a shot stopper, and with a bit more concentration, I have confidence he'd do great for us.
Matip gets the nod over Gomez on merit of form, plus Gomez is a great option at the bench, covering three positions.
Either Gini or Ox with Shaqiri and Origi are our cards on the bench, and would love to see Elliott getting a few minutes if all is well.

Hope we hit our top gear against them, and deflate their growing confidence :D

By the way, any news about Keita? We could have really used him against Soton and the Arse...

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
By the way, any news about Keita? We could have really used him against Soton and the Arse...
Wondering the same thing meself. Anybody ?

As usual summer hols means I miss the start of the season. Just back in time to catch the last 15 mins of the first half against Soton and was sorely disappointed until Mané popped up with that screamer. Second half I thought we were excellent.

A repeat of that against the Arse should be more than enough.

I'd go with Gomez instead of Matip and Fab , Hendo and Gini in midfield.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Questions about Keitas availability are the new 'smash them they're shit' and '... banana skin ...'

Truth is we don't need Keita at the moment. He is fourth choice for the 2 #8 positions in midfield - could be fifth choice soon if Ox gets back to his best.

Hope we give Keita time to get to his best. We'll need him in december and january.

eng.amohd

The segundo volante
Questions about Keitas availability are the new 'smash them they're shit' and '... banana skin ...'

Truth is we don't need Keita at the moment. He is fourth choice for the 2 #8 positions in midfield - could be fifth choice soon if Ox gets back to his best.

Hope we give Keita time to get to his best. We'll need him in december and january.
Our midfield has only Fab, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Milner and Lallana. Of these only Gini and Ox offers creativity and directness on the ball, and Keita excels at that. With him in the side, we could be even more flexible and allow even more rotation to the side.

Nur der BvB09

Just get the Job done. First and foremost is to Keep the Momentum up. 3 Points is all we Need at the end of the Day.
We have enough to batter them in all Departments. With the Kop in the back i`m going for a clear WIN for our MIGHTY REDS! Up the current and 99.99% coming Champions of Europe!YNWA

Foldy

Their fans are already giddy after two wins talking about winning the league, Europa etc. Kroenke pulled his wallet out and the dust from it seems to have sent them high. A good kick in the bollocks at Anfield should bring them back down to earth. The highlight is, post match, that wanker on their fan TV, Troopz. "Fam, Blud, ya get me!" Prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.