Pre Match: Liverpool vs Aston Villa (P/L Sunday 05/07/2020 16:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Right, we've had our week on the piss, need to dust ourselves off after the shower of shite performance from last night.

Robbo needs to get himself in the sauna and start sweating off some of that alcohol, if not, then give one of the kids a run at left back

RodM

I was impressed with Neco last night. This is a good opportunity to see how the younger players can fit into our system so I would look at dropping a couple of them in next to experienced first team players - preferably sober ones.

Villa desperately need points so I would expect them to set up very defensively against us and look for a point. I wouldn't mind seeing how Minamino copes with that.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Put Williams in for TAA and Jones for Mané, the rest can stay. This time make Villa feel how it is to play against men, 5-0 Liverpool. :cool:

Sweeting

Alisson
Williams Matip vDijk Robertson
Keita Henderson Chamberlain
Salah Minamino Jones

Play around with it a bit, only two days off between the games.

kenno91

TIA New Signing
Alisson
Williams Matip vDijk Robertson
Keita Henderson Chamberlain
Salah Minamino Jones

Play around with it a bit, only two days off between the games.
Matip is out for rest of the season

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Right, back to normal now that we've had the wake up call. 5 more wins needed, starting with this one.

Should be similar to palace, but more stuff happening at the villa goal.

It will be nice for Reina to see Anfield again. And if Villa do go back down, they can say that they played against the English, European and World Champions.

Incognito

The Normal One
Would like Minamino to start instead of Bobby. When they play together, they end up attacking the same space.

Also Keita and Ox in the middle. Hendo can rest this one.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Yesterday was rightly a day for the players who earned the title. I like and expect to see Minamino and the kids rotated in the rest of the season - a couple at a time to gain experience with the rest of the first team.

And let’s take out a little anger on the Villans and get Mo a hat trick.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Would like Minamino to start instead of Bobby. When they play together, they end up attacking the same space.

Also Keita and Ox in the middle. Hendo can rest this one.
I think a lot will depend on how Joe goes regaining his focus as if he gets dropped, then Fab will most likely drop back to partner Virg. So could have Hendo sitting in front of them and play Nabs and Ox further forward.

Redopium

Only change I would make is Keita in for Gini, hopefully Gómez and Robertson get over the celebrations.

jaffod

Same team apart from Keita for Gini for extra creativity. Expect a response because I'm pretty sure JK wouldn't have been happy about that shambles last night.
3 more wins for a perfect home season, these things don't come round too often. Villa are shite, 3-0 to the Champions of Fucking Everything.

nikz200

This is going to be a unpopular opinion, but i honestly feel like we should play a modified starting 11 for this game.

Alisson
trent gomez Van Dijk Neco Williams
Fabinho
Henderson Keita
Salah, Minamino, Mane

I don't want Gini or Robertson to be playing for this game, especially Robertson who got killed by Foden in the last game. The rest of the team need a kick up the ass, so this formation makes the most sense.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
We’ve had out day off,now let’s get serious for the rest of the season.
not interested in giving Villa a look in.
So minimal changes,especially as the next isn’t a long way away.
I’d keep Keita,he was decent against city,keep him moving,for now.
Robbo can’t be that bad twice,Keep him .
Young Neco deserves some more time out there,he is looking pretty good.

MarcusBerglund

Several players deserve a chance to start. Others need reminder after the heavy loss at City that they must compete for their spot in the team and nothing is for granted.
Competition is a very healthy thing. And I really hope to see more from Elliott, Jones and Williams from now till the end of season. They will make mistakes for sure, but they will also learn and hopefully improve.

Alisson; Williams - VvD - Gomez - Milner; Fabinho - Hendo - Keita; Salah - Minamino - Origi;

The Flying Pig

Time to rest/drop Firmino.
It's been a long time since he has really performed. Give Minamota a go in Bobby's position. Bobby is, or certainly was, the better player but his form has been woeful for some time.
Sends a message that no one's position is guaranteed. Not dropping players for one poor game, that's just counter productive, but if poor form persists then there must be real competition for places. No reputation based selection.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

Our feeble attempt at stichomancy*, last Thursday against shiteh , must represented the nadir of our season; Boudica and I take full responsibility for our poor showing, however, the efforts of anthony "blue moon" taylor, by way of mitigation, cannot be ignored.

* (For those interested, "picking daisies on the railway" was a quote I plagiarised from Wodehouse.)

Today, in an effort to bounce back to form, we have reverted to alphitomancy combined with sciomancy, which in our case it involves Glenfarclas 105. Never let it be said that we won't take one (or eleven) for the team; who knows, we might even remain conscious for the match.

Meanwhile, no doubt exalted at the prospect of derailing our chances of winning the most home games in a season, PGMOL have appointed closet manurite, paul "pie eater" tierney, as the man in the middle. Consequently, and despite the villains enduring the longest current winless run in the division, with two draws and six defeats in eight games, they will, in effect, be playing with twelve men.

Make no mistake, even though it is against lowly opposition, it will be a tough ask, especially as Lawro has resumed his previous tactic of predicting a three nil win to us.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

RodM

* (For those interested, "picking daisies on the railway" was a quote I plagiarised from Wodehouse.)
You see this is why I like TIA. So much of football fandom consists of know-nothing neanderthals spouting aimless vitriol and talking bollocks.

You come on to TIA forums and you see quotes from PG Wodehouse. You just don't get this on the comments sections of the tabloids.

richieh10

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

Our feeble attempt at stichomancy*, last Thursday against shiteh , must represented the nadir of our season; Boudica and I take full responsibility for our poor showing, however, the efforts of anthony "blue moon" taylor, by way of mitigation, cannot be ignored.

Today, in an effort to bounce back to form, we have reverted to alphitomancy combined with sciomancy, which in our case it involves Glenfarclas 105. Never let it be said that we won't take one (or eleven) for the team; who knows, we might even remain conscious for the match.

Meanwhile, no doubt exalted at the prospect of derailing our chances of winning the most home games in a season, PGMOL have appointed closet manurite, paul "pie eater" tierney, as the man in the middle. Consequently, and despite the villains enduring the longest current winless run in the division, with two draws and six defeats in eight games, they will, in effect, be playing with twelve men.

Make no mistake, even though it is against lowly opposition, it will be a tough ask, especially as Lawro has resumed his previous tactic of predicting a three nil win to us.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:
hope you don’t mind me asking but what exactly about Antony Taylor’s performance didn’t you like.

the bloke is from an area of Manchester with a strong United fan base and supports altrincham town.

personally I don’t think he did anything wrong - we were just shit.

by slagging off a referee when we lose and so convincingly as well sounds like a terrible case of sour grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.