Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Bournemouth | PL Matchday 29 | Saturday March 7th | 12:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
This has suddenly become a must win game. Players will be feeling the pressure after 3 defeats out of 4. I anticipate a nervous subdued atmosphere unless we score early. If they score first there will be meltdowns on here.

Last edited:

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson
Fabinho Wijnaldum
Mane Minamino Firmino
Salah

Is what I'd go for. Last chance saloon for Fabinho, give him a bit of help with a player sitting next to him. Another performance like his previous 6 or 7 and he can find a spot on the bench for the forseeable. Gomez needs to have a better showing that tonight as well.

Minamino showed some nice flashes tonight. We need to start producing a bit more quality through the middle of the pitch and rely less on crosses. Let's get the interplay back in our game.

Plamen

This should be one of the easiest win of the season.When we played them at their ground they offered nothing.Despite our poor run of form this should be a comfortable 3/4-0 victory.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
It’s not exactly must win, but we need to end this slump soon.
Bournemouth at anfield is, on paper, the ideal fixture.

I’m going to share the optimism @PeachesEnRegalia has before every game and predict a 6-1 win.

The massive game is directly after this.

Allison
TAA
Robertson
VVD
Gomez

Lallana
Gini
Ox

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Give Milner some minutes late on. Maybe Minamino as well.

On a side not firmino is yet to score a league goal at anfield this season. This is his chance.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson​
Fabinho
OxChamb Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane
No fucking about. Get the job done.

Klopp needs to highlight the shithouse treatment our players are getting the opposition to complete indifference from referees. It’s almost like they are deliberately trying to level things up by applying different rules to us. But it can’t be that.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
Alisson
Fabinho Wijnaldum
Mane Minamino Firmino
Salah

Is what I'd go for. Last chance saloon for Fabinho, give him a bit of help with a player sitting next to him. Another performance like his previous 6 or 7 and he can find a spot on the bench for the forseeable. Gomez needs to have a better showing that tonight as well.

Minamino showed some nice flashes tonight. We need to start producing a bit more quality through the middle of the pitch and rely less on crosses. Let's get the interplay back in our game.
If anyone can do with a rest and a clear head, it is Robertson. Milner can fill his place for this game, I think.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Oh, okay, not like last chance.

its a football forum and its a turn of phrase.

i have absolutely no doubt in my mind you knew EXACTLY what he meant the first time around, just like the rest of us.

why dont you query Peaches next, when he states that they are, indeed, actual manure, and we should smash into them....

RedYank

Some semblance of continuity must be re-established. Enough "rest"...get after it!

Libero

For me Milner starts and gets at least 60 minutes in preparation for Atletico, because for me he is a nailed on starter in the absence of Henderson. Clearly we have lacked Hendos leadership and all round coverage, don't think the level of complacency would have dropped to where it was had he been on the field. Having said that, the level should no drop so much in his absence so the players need to have a look at themselves. Would potentially look at a formation/player positional change due to the lack of cohesion and chances created up front, but hard to go past 4-3-3 at home against Bournemouth.

Allison
Trent Joe Virg Robbo
Gini/Milner Fabinho/Gini
Bobby
Milner/Ox Salah Mane

Allison
Trent Joe Virg Robbo
Milner Fab Gini
Mane Salah Bobby

Trying not to get too worried about the results over the last month, however the performance have been off. Think its a good time to reflect what a crazy 14 months or so we've had, we've gone through a slump now, its not the end of the world. Would have been nice to have a domestic cup run but as long as we win the league I will be happy, to be honest I'm not even that arsed about the CL this year, just get the league trophy in the cabinet.

Incognito

The Normal One
We have been hearing mentality monsters all year long, this is proper test for that. Drop points in this one and the approach for Atletico game might be a very nervy and less confident one.

Jurgen and his staff don't know the personnel, formation and tactics so I'll help him. (sorry @Commando :p)

.................. Alisson..............
Trent.... Gomez.....VVD......Milly
.....................Fab....................
.......Gini.....................Ox...........
Salah............ Bobby............Mane

Get it done FFS.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I didn't sleep well last night as I tend not to after a defeat but to make it worse I had a vivid dream that we lost this game 2-1. I didn't dream about the actual game but I was at an aftermatch press conference with Jürgen, Mo and Roberto. Weirdly they were all dressed in suits almost like they were going to a wedding. They were very down.

I did think when I saw that thread about this being the best team ever that just maybe we were tempting fate and being somewhat premature.

Anyway.... we're going to win this, aren't we..

Last edited:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Jürgen and his staff will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this one.

Hopefully back to winning ways and we’ll see a return to form for some of our lads who’ve been below their best.

COYR YNWA

richieh10

As football fans we’re a fickle lot aren’t we.

the Liverpool fan in me who has been watching free flowing dominating football all season says we’ll spank these 3 or 4 nil.

the Liverpool fan in me who has seen that same team slump since the winter break and look void of all confidence, an attacking trio who can’t hit a barn door and a defence that looks distinctly average says fuck it I’ll take a 1-0 win.

macca1970

Some perspective needed.

So a few games ago, according to many in this forum, this team would be able to play Kenny’s vintage out of the park. Two weeks later, apparently, this team needs a huge clear-out (not just the squad players but apparently even some of the ‘first teamers’).

From being mentality monsters, to now can’t handle the responsibility of organizing the proverbial piss up in a brewery.

In his prime, Usain Bolt couldn’t win every race. Just not possible. A few dips is normal.

Constructive criticism is good, healthy and needed. Player X crap? Analysis needed. Player Y should sit out some games? Well, give the thinking behind this. All of this is fine. But too many in this day and age are too quick to spout some rubbish.

So in the spirit of this, I’ll lay out some of my thoughts on one player.

Andy – has played many games in a row, and could do with a rest now and again. Add to this his injury (see his interviews earlier in the season) where really he should ideally be resting, but he has played through it, which may come back to haunt him in about 3 years time.

Anyway, just wanted to offer some perspective, as some posts, if you remove the identity of Liverpool, and tell people to guess which team it’s written about, they would probably think the post was by a Man Utd fan talking about the scum.

So, to summarize, we are an excellent team, just starting to stumble a little, and trying to get the mojo back. Looking forward to the Bournemouth game.

RodM

I was disappointed last night. Unfortunately, I was listening to Pink Floyd in the car on the way in this morning so I am now filled with existential dread. That band went on a very strange journey, didn't they? From eccentric English whimsy to the darkest depths of insanity and hopeless angst...

So, football. We have been incoherent since the winter break. All teams go through rough spells - even Arsenal's Invincibles had a duff patch that saw them knocked out of the cup.

It's difficult to pinpoint where we are going wrong, exactly, but the team isn't quite gelling. Tellingly, we have conceded first in the last few games and that makes it harder for us as an opponent can just sit back and try to catch us on the break. Essentially, playing us at our own game.

The midfield seems to be the problem to me. It's not just Hendo being injured. Fabinho has been off the pace since he came back and the DM is key when we are playing with wing backs and only two centre backs. Do we have an obvious DM other than Fab? I'm wondering whether playing Milner alongside him with either Gini or Ox in a 4-2-3-1 might work?

The next two games are at Anfield and we need to make this count. Thinking back to Floyd, we seem to have just produced Ummagumma - one half of aimless noodling followed by a series of incoherent noises culminating in Andy Robertson getting trapped in a cave. We need to move on to Meddle which was a bloody brilliant album and even had the Kop singing on one track (it also had a singing dog but I'm concentrating on the positives here).

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Keita wont play. Plus were in a bit of a slump so would you turn to someone who hasnt done much in a must win game and believe me this is now more important than Madrid.
We drop points again then City will sniff blood and have 2 games in hand. That 22 points become 19 become 16 or 17 with them still to play us.
City are more than capable of winning every game between now and end of season.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
As football fans we’re a fickle lot aren’t we.

the Liverpool fan in me who has been watching free flowing dominating football all season says we’ll spank these 3 or 4 nil.

the Liverpool fan in me who has seen that same team slump since the winter break and look void of all confidence, an attacking trio who can’t hit a barn door and a defence that looks distinctly average says fuck it I’ll take a 1-0 win.
I think you’re right.
Against West Ham we were not great, but profited from a fabianski keeper howler and all of a sudden we won because of our ‘mentality’.
We have benefited from goalkeeper howlers all season (sheff Utd, mk dons, West Ham, Everton and others) as well as opposition strikers missing absolute sitters.
Klopp said it’s fine lines. And it is. Now we are suffering from not being able to score and our keepers have become less reliable.
It won’t hide the fact we look tired and certain players are simply out of form and perhaps our squads weaknesses are all partly to blame.
People compare us to the recent city team or the United treble team but that’s not fair. City have cheated and can rotate any player with a £50m substitute and Manchester United only had one true competitor (arsenal). Everyone else was fairly mediocre. The standard now is so much stronger.

So we might be out of form, out of luck and out of sorts but at the beginning of the season we all on here listed our priority trophies. We have won what some said was priority number 4, and number 6 and will claim number 1 with still a chance we can defend our second target, the champions league, as well.

In a way it’s a good thing to have a drop in form. It highlights weaknesses that can be addressed in the summer.

Either way, bring in Bournemouth.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Klopp needs to make some changes. Going forward it's stale and predictable and at the back we're wide open. Easier said than done though especially when most of the starters seem to be totally out of form. In fact a good number of them should be dropped but there aren't many options. Fabinho in particular has been dreadful, not only he's failing to protect the back line he's actually conducive to conceding goals.

Bournemouth may not be the toughest opposition but they're fighting for their survival and will be giving their all. If we end up losing the vast majority of the challenges again, there's no telling how this game will turn out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.