Pre Match Liverpool vs Burnley (EPL 10/03/19 12:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Right, time to move on from the disappointment of the derby draw and forget about the blue shower of shite for 6 months.

Next up, Burnley at home and after stuttering through Jan and Feb this has now turned into a must win. No room for sentiment or complacency and we need 11 players willing to smash through the proverbial brickwall.

Starting XI for me is

Alisson

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Gini Fabinho Kieta

Shaq Bobby Mane

Back 5 pretty much picks itself, would normally have gone for Gomez, but Matip has been playing fine whilst Joe has been injured, so unless Joe is 100% fit again, I see no reason to change things.

Fab in midfield is pretty much the key to turning the cogs at the moment, so he can add the steal whilst giving Gini and Keita the licence to push on and get forward to help the attack more.

Up front, Salah needs to be dropped. He has not looked himself for a bit and could maybe do with benching. Plus Burnley will sit deep, so I think we will need the guile and craft of the little power cube to open up spaces for Bobby and Mane

NB - First time starting a Pre Match thread, so please be gentle :shocked: lol

jaffod

Right, time to move on from the disappointment of the derby draw and forget about the blue shower of shite for 6 months.

Next up, Burnley at home and after stuttering through Jan and Feb this has now turned into a must win. No room for sentiment or complacency and we need 11 players willing to smash through the proverbial brickwall.

Starting XI for me is

Alisson

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Gini Fabinho Kieta

Shaq Bobby Mane

Back 5 pretty much picks itself, would normally have gone for Gomez, but Matip has been playing fine whilst Joe has been injured, so unless Joe is 100% fit again, I see no reason to change things.

Fab in midfield is pretty much the key to turning the cogs at the moment, so he can add the steal whilst giving Gini and Keita the licence to push on and get forward to help the attack more.

Up front, Salah needs to be dropped. He has not looked himself for a bit and could maybe do with benching. Plus Burnley will sit deep, so I think we will need the guile and craft of the little power cube to open up spaces for Bobby and Mane

NB - First time starting a Pre Match thread, so please be gentle :shocked: lol

I don't think Salah needs dropping. He was basically unplayable against Watford. I think the problem with Mo is his decision making and maybe Klopp needs to sit down with him and talk things through. Tell him he doesn't need to do everything himself. It's as if he's taken it upon himself to win the title and it's affecting his judgement.
I agree with the rest of your team although I can't see Keita starting against these yard-dogs.

I can see it being a grind, noon KO on a Sunday will lead to a subdued atmosphere despite the last couple being great. Still think we'll win and send that fat, ginger-headed prick home pointless.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Drop Salah? Brave move Aussielad and a big part of me agrees with you, he has become very predictable.Cuts inside and curls a lame shot straight at the keeper. However, I wouldn't drop him as he's class, what I would do though is play him centrally just behind Bobby, running from deep. Put Mane on the right and I'm sure we'll be firing once again.No more dropped points please lads.

Hopefully, this team will get us the 3 points:

.......................Becker....................
Arnold...Matip.....Van Dijk.... Robertson
...........Fabinho... Wijnaldum..................
Mane.............Salah...................Keita
.....................Firmino....................

2-0 Salah, Mane.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
1-1

Please prove me wrong boys!!!
If we start with Henderson in midfield, 1-1 is very possible, if we dont for some reason . it is 4-0 or maybe more. If we add steel to midfield as some say here, it will (hender) our movement forward.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I don't think Salah needs dropping. He was basically unplayable against Watford. I think the problem with Mo is his decision making and maybe Klopp needs to sit down with him and talk things through. Tell him he doesn't need to do everything himself. It's as if he's taken it upon himself to win the title and it's affecting his judgement.
I agree with the rest of your team although I can't see Keita starting against these yard-dogs.

I can see it being a grind, noon KO on a Sunday will lead to a subdued atmosphere despite the last couple being great. Still think we'll win and send that fat, ginger-headed prick home pointless.
Since the turn of the year, Mo has been fantastic against Bournemouth and Watford, but against the rest he has been piss poor. His first touch on the weekend looked reminiscent of mine when I was playing U/8's. Also, he has been 1 of the most regularly picked over the last 18 months so maybe sitting out a game or 2 is not a bad thing especially when we could be facing a very deep and packed defence where his pace will not be able to be used to full effect. Shaq would probably be the better option in my opinion as he offers more creativity and guile which we will need more that pace.

FilthyBloke

I agree. Drop salah for this one.
If you’re out of form and keep playing it doesn’t send a good message to the rest of the squad.
Fabinho keita winjandum for me.
Shaq firmino and mane.

Must win. Will win. 2-1.

Eintrachtfan

The convinced one
I’ve had the intention to open this pre-match thread but I was too late.
I never before opened one in the EPL, so why this time around?

Last Christmas I’ve got my best Christmas gift ever.
Imagine, it was a trip to Anfield!!! I was over the moon. Following Liverpool Football Club closer since the seventies of the last century it was my dream once in my life to be at Anfield to watch an EPL match. I never ever thought that my dream would come true.
So my wife and me will be starting on Thursday, 7th to Liverpool and travel back on Monday, 11th. We want to know more about Liverpool than Anfield. On Friday we will have a stadium tour
On my wife’s birthday we will watch the Burnley match. I think her best birthday present would be a LFC win. But I don’t know wether that’s enough, she’s a Hertha fan.

In my post I don’t want to talk about potential line-ups and so on.
I only want to announce my trip and my excitement.
Of course it would be great to meet some of you Anfield regulars before the game for talking and drinking.
Anyone interested? Please send me a pm.

auzziez

I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them
Drop Salah? Brave move Aussielad and a big part of me agrees with you, he has become very predictable.Cuts inside and curls a lame shot straight at the keeper. However, I wouldn't drop him as he's class, what I would do though is play him centrally just behind Bobby, running from deep. Put Mane on the right and I'm sure we'll be firing once again.No more dropped points please lads.

Hopefully, this team will get us the 3 points:

.......................Becker....................
Arnold...Matip.....Van Dijk.... Robertson
...........Fabinho... Wijnaldum..................
Mane.............Salah...................Keita
.....................Firmino....................

2-0 Salah, Mane.
Agree with your team except that I would swap Salah and Firmino. Firmino I think is the only player in our squad who can link up the midfield and the forwards nicely.

PS: Salah on the other hand seems to be trying too hard, ending up making things difficult for himself. Asking him to create something from deep would make things more difficult for the whole team.

Alright Now

I’ve had the intention to open this pre-match thread but I was too late.
I never before opened one in the EPL, so why this time around?

Last Christmas I’ve got my best Christmas gift ever.
Imagine, it was a trip to Anfield!!! I was over the moon. Following Liverpool Football Club closer since the seventies of the last century it was my dream once in my life to be at Anfield to watch an EPL match. I never ever thought that my dream would come true.
So my wife and me will be starting on Thursday, 7th to Liverpool and travel back on Monday, 11th. We want to know more about Liverpool than Anfield. On Friday we will have a stadium tour
On my wife’s birthday we will watch the Burnley match. I think her best birthday present would be a LFC win. But I don’t know wether that’s enough, she’s a Hertha fan.

In my post I don’t want to talk about potential line-ups and so on.
I only want to announce my trip and my excitement.
Of course it would be great to meet some of you Anfield regulars before the game for talking and drinking.
Anyone interested? Please send me a pm.
Brilliant! I have a good feeling now. Have a Shankly pie for me at Home Baked. As for meeting Reds, @Commando will be in manchester buying Fernandinho shirts for Mrs Commando. @Red_Jedi will be at Hotel TIA (just ask anyone to point you to him). And @ILLOK will be at all the pubs. Have fun, mate. Let’s hear you sing. YNWA

santana

burnley is heavy slow team like man utd and chelsea but the difference burnley is defensive team so 433 speed set maybe will not work if there is no space but i will start first half with speed set 433 :
Alisson
TAA VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Gini Keita
Salah Firmino Mane
if the set failed then try smart set 4231
Alisson
TAA VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino shaq/keita
Mane

Dane

NEXT!
I dont agree on Salah.
He showed enough signs against the bitters that he is not out of form with his general play.
Finishing touch was lacking on a couple of occasions after some fantastic build up play.

Had either of his good chances been finished, we wouldn't be discussing this and half the forum wouldn't have turned into morose 2019 versions of 10 years ago.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Got a chance to watch the last match, and if Mo learned to use his right foot we would have won that match at the 27th minute.

Agree with the OP. Time has come for him to start a match on the sidelines and get a different perspective on it before coming on.

Personally, I will re-iterate my pre-match post from the Everton match. Fortune favours the brave. Herr Jürgen played it safe as we kept our defensive-minded midfield and were anemic up front. Not gonna win a title playing for draws, boss. Going to have to take some risks and force Citeh to do the same. With DeBruyne and Fernandinho both out this is exactly when we need to up the pressure

This match calls for both Keita and Oxlade but he isn’t ready yet, so will call on Shaq to play on the right with Origi and Bobby to lead the line with Mane in his customary LW. Quick transitions this weekend, hit them HARD on the break and get up early

Becker
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Fabinho
Shaqiri Keita
Origi Firmino Mane​

Migs Hendo Milner Salah Sturridge Gomez Moreno

Rather win 3-2 than another draw FFS.

Good luck @Eintrachtfan, hoping I can do the same for April27!

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I dont agree on Salah.
He showed enough signs against the bitters that he is not out of form with his general play.
Finishing touch was lacking on a couple of occasions after some fantastic build up play.

Had either of his good chances been finished, we wouldn't be discussing this and half the forum wouldn't have turned into morose 2019 versions of 10 years ago.
But he botched both of them. The way he decided to open up his body for the first break and try to loop T-Rex while running the other direction was both rediculous and totally obvious. Not the finish of a man who has confidence, and therefore needs to open up opportunities to others to try and succeed

The break won’t hurt him, could probably use a rest

Dane

NEXT!
But he botched both of them. The way he decided to open up his body for the first break and try to loop T-Rex while running the other direction was both rediculous and totally obvious. Not the finish of a man who has confidence, and therefore needs to open up opportunities to others to try and succeed

Might end up hurting us though.
Burnley home is the perfect setting to regain confidence.

Fabinho missed a sitter, shall we rest him too?

Herb

Wijnaldum didn’t look fit to me in the derby. Wouldn’t be surprised if he misses out, Henderson and Fabinho provide the solid base and either Shaqiri or Keita play in a front four. Can’t see this being a repeat of Watford, would expect a bit of a better defensive showing from them despite their league position and some of the frailties they showed earlier in the season. 1-0 or 2-0 to the reds.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Some players need to keep going to break that funk they are going through, and I certainly feel our squad is filled with these players. We had 2 breaks already since the start of the year and our results are worse than the ones before the break. That shows we should not be getting breaks too often, play until our players break themselves.... lol

We should win this, and comfortably as well. They've let in 27 and scored 14 away from home, lost 8. They've only beaten Cardiff, Brighton and Huddersfield on their travels, and drew with United, Watford, Leicester and Soton. That's their away record. If we can't crack these boys open at our own turf, we can call that fat lady to start warming up her vocal cords.

LFCFFC

I'd like to see one of Keita or Shaq start, although at home we can generally seem to get away with a bit more of an "industrious" midfield. In all likelihood it's the same team that played Everton, - Origi + Bobby. I can't see Mo getting dropped, as wasteful as he was.

Just get us 3 points please. We'll probably be 4 behind City come kickoff, so hopefully the crowd are in full voice and can spur the boys on. All we can do now is hold up our end of the deal and keep winning.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Got a bit of a dilemma. My friend has some family around from abroad and has asked for my ticket. He wants to take someone from his family who has never been to Anfield and is a lifelong fan. Its hard to say no, but at the same time I'm all set to be at the match.

Think I will give in, and my friend knows that I will. So there we are.

But most importantly, we smash them - especially after City don't beat Watford the night before.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
My team
Alisson
TAA, Vvd, Matip, roberston
Fabinho
Gini. keita
Mane. Salah. Bobby

Salah was at his best when up top this season.

Clive

Thank fuck it's not at Turd Moor and with a bit of luck it won't be so windy,any kind of win against these bastards will do me,maybe a dodgy pen that Dychead can have a good fucking moan at.
Current forecast is windy AF Saturday and Sunday arv with a brief reprieve Sunday morning. Best not to give the issue any more oxygen.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Got a bit of a dilemma. My friend has some family around from abroad and has asked for my ticket. He wants to take someone from his family who has never been to Anfield and is a lifelong fan. Its hard to say no, but at the same time I'm all set to be at the match.

Think I will give in, and my friend knows that I will. So there we are.

But most importantly, we smash them - especially after City don't beat Watford the night before.
A friend really shouldn't be asking you for your ticket if you made it clear you wanted to go. There should be other sources of tickets, especially against Burnley.

Maybe that's just me. I am a bit of an arsehole.

Retro Helix

My team
Alisson
TAA, Vvd, Matip, roberston
Fabinho
Gini. keita
Mane. Salah. Bobby

Salah was at his best when up top this season.
Bobby on the left? I don't think so. Rather play Shaq on the right, Mo central and Mane on the left.

sms1986

Here is a little haiku -

A banana skin
Must win match this is indeed
Most certainly is

Getting those cliches out of the way, Burnley are a tough team but we're at Anfield. Any win will of course do, we just need to not worry about the table but worry about getting three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.