• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool vs Burnley (EPL 10/03/19 12:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
There should be no Liverpool player in need of any rest, we are not long off the back of 2 warm weather training breaks and we went out of both cups early. Fatigue cannot possibly be an issue for this squad.
A lot of talk that Shaqiri hasn't fully recovered from his stomach injury and Gini looked laboured against Everton.They're not quite 100% and it shows.Both need a good old soak in the bath/rest :well done:

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
As we saw against Everton, though, that isn't necessarily a criticism of the service he provides. Salah really should have scored from at least one of the chances he laid on a platter.
yes but it does put his constribution in perspective. I believe he earned himself 1 assist last season. Prior to that he used to provide acceptable numbers but last two seasons, nah.

Last edited:

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
As we saw against Everton, though, that isn't necessarily a criticism of the service he provides. Salah really should have scored from at least one of the chances he laid on a platter.
Looks like he was trying too hard to score. I think he's desperate to bang in no 50 and beat Shearer's record and it's not helping his game. His touch also, what was that all about?! The ball was just bouncing away from him too often.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Looks like he was trying too hard to score. I think he's desperate to bang in no 50 and beat Shearer's record and it's not helping his game. His touch also, what was that all about?! The ball was just bouncing away from him too often.
He's clearly mentally exhausted and it negatively effect his game. he needs a rest but he's become way too important for our success so he has to play every game, and deliver too. It doesn't help that Firmino been in and out of the team for a while too so the pressure on him is immense. Hopefully he can shake it off for rest of the games cause we need his goals so badly if we gonna win the title.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
A lot of talk that Shaqiri hasn't fully recovered from his stomach injury and Gini looked laboured against Everton.They're not quite 100% and it shows.Both need a good old soak in the bath/rest :well done:
I head it said that Wijnaldum is playing with strapping on his leg. I didn’t notice, but he is possibly carrying an injury.

Against Burnley I would go

Alisson
Trent Matip Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Milner Keita
Salah Firmino Mane
There is a little voice in my head telling me that Klopp is going to go with Lallana. Don’t know why. I think he rates him more than we do.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Every game is a cup final from now on... suggesting we can "rest" Salah for this is crazy..

I hate to see people assuming any game is a gimme. I read these opinions before United and Everton. Totally unrealistic. This is the most competitive league in the world...some people never seem to get that. I don't believe the manager will assume any one of the remaining games is going to be easy or even easier.
Precisely.
Burnley are 5 points above the drop zone.
Anyone who thinks side like them are going to be a pushover (for anyone) are deluded.
We will have to work extremely hard to win this one.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
He's clearly mentally exhausted and it negatively effect his game. he needs a rest but he's become way too important for our success so he has to play every game, and deliver too. It doesn't help that Firmino been in and out of the team for a while too so the pressure on him is immense. Hopefully he can shake it off for rest of the games cause we need his goals so badly if we gonna win the title.
Trouble is, opponents are doubling up on him these days. He's a marked man.

So, why doesnt Jürgen do something different? What about giving him a free role? He was wonderful running from deep at Bournemouth in a central position. I think being on the right he's stifled a bit, most opponents know what he's going to do these days. I wouldn't mind seeing Mane on the right, Salah given a free role or interchanging with Firmino centrally.

And what on earth has happened to Keita? He was playing well, gaining momentum and now he's out in the cold.Why he didn't come on instead of Milner last game? Strange call that.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I head it said that Wijnaldum is playing with strapping on his leg. I didn’t notice, but he is possibly carrying an injury.

Against Burnley I would go

Alisson
Trent Matip Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Milner Keita
Salah Firmino Mane
There is a little voice in my head telling me that Klopp is going to go with Lallana. Don’t know why. I think he rates him more than we do.
Lallana is still class, maybe he's impressing Jürgen in training? As it stands, we need to win every match and even then it's not guaranteed but we need to stop being so damn conservative don't we? 5 draws in 7, am I sounding like Redforever now? Haha.

United and Everton were there for the taking and we didn't go for it. That's what disappoints me. Not just the result, more the fact we didn't throw the kitchen sink at these teams and really go for it. Our recent subs have been negative. We need a goal and we hook our more regular scorer recently aka Mane and bring on Milner. Really Jurgen? Where has Keita gone? He was playing well. Where was the game changer Shaqiri?!

Don't wanna see Milner and Fabinho in the same side at home. Too negative for me. Milner is great but I want to see more of Keita.

Drop points in this one and we're as good as done. Absolutely must win this.

Last edited:

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Trouble is, opponents are doubling up on him these days. He's a marked man.

So, why doesnt Jürgen do something different? What about giving him a free role? He was wonderful running from deep at Bournemouth in a central position. I think being on the right he's stifled a bit, most opponents know what he's going to do these days. I wouldn't mind seeing Mane on the right, Salah given a free role or interchanging with Firmino centrally.

And what on earth has happened to Keita? He was playing well, gaining momentum and now he's out in the cold.Why he didn't come on instead of Milner last game? Strange call that.
Maybe he sees the doubling up on him as an advantage for the others to exploit, I dunno.

Keita is a weird one, but hasen't he been effected by stomag bugs too or something like that, he may not be 100%.

His worth in the side is being upped big time on him not playing cause results hasn't go our way, which is a syndrom that needs a name by now I think lol

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
We haven't conceded for about 7 hours now, shame we're not so impressive at the other end of the pitch.
Derby aside, we've only scored 10 goals in our last 4 games against teams outside the top 4.
Very unimpressive indeed.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Derby aside, we've only scored 10 goals in our last 4 games against teams outside the top 4.
Very unimpressive indeed.
5 draws in our last 7. Too many lame draws.Bloody annoying. However, if we beat Burnley, then Fulham, we'll be top once again and more pressure on City. But, we need to start turning these draws into wins. We're playing too conservatively right now. If we're drawing with a few minutes to go I want to see us going direct with the Big Man up front, and maybe even your favourite-ever centre back with him. Just bloody go for it!

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
5 draws in our last 7. Too many lame draws.Bloody annoying. However, if we beat Burnley, then Fulham, we'll be top once again and more pressure on City. But, we need to start turning these draws into wins. We're playing too conservatively right now. If we're drawing with a few minutes to go I want to see us going direct with the Big Man up front, and maybe even your favourite-ever centre back with him. Just bloody go for it!
I really dont want you to take this the wrong way.............

..............but you dont half talk a lot of shite a lot of the time

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I really dont want you to take this the wrong way.............

..............but you dont half talk a lot of shite a lot of the time
I love you Dane, you're such fun x

RodM

Bollocks, I'm meant to be working when this one is on. At least at that time I'm only meant to be on call. I think I'll just set my voice mail message to "Just try switching it off and on again."

1dragon

TIA Regular
If Lallana could learn how not to ball hog, release the ball to his team mates faster, and attack the box regularly, he might be of some use. Otherwise, his Cruyff turns kills off any openings we have.

Allison
TAA-Matip-VVD-Robertson
Fabinho-Keita
Shaqiri-Firmino-Mane
Salah

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
My team, I'm still not convinced by Keita, sure he'll come good but too scrappy at the mo'. We need teeth and Shaq can shoot from outside the box, trying to thread it through a box full of defenders won't work unless we get a pen', we need to mix it up, give them more to worry about.

.......................Becker............................
Arnold.....Matip...Van Dijk.....Robertson
.........Wijnaldum.......Fabinho................
Shaq..............Firmino...................Mane
........................Salah.............................

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
You can't be serious?

Jurgen must be a gullible fellow if Lallana is still impressing him in training after 29 games and the player has offered absolutely sweet fuck-all when starting or as a sub.
I'm deadly serious. I'm really referring to his technique, Lallana is class but he doesn't produce enough. Time to move him on if we're being ruthless. I'm not saying we should keep him and you know Jurgen isn't gullible.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
I'm deadly serious. I'm really referring to his technique, Lallana is class but he doesn't produce enough. Time to move him on if we're being ruthless. I'm not saying we should keep him and you know Jurgen isn't gullible.
Lallana was a good talent to bring on to kill off a game. I remember a certain Norwich thriller where he scored a winner in a crazy game which was far too open. And he flubbed the shot but still managed to find the net.

Injuries have definitely taken their toll tho

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Everyone is going on like we haven't routinely been dispatching teams like this all season and easily breaking down parked defences at Anfield. We've failed to score here twice, against defensive minded Bayern and City sides.

3-0 to the reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.