Pre Match Liverpool vs Burnley (EPL 10/03/19 12:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffod

We could take a leaf from Utd's book after last night's performance against PSG. A couple of shots from outside the area leading to two lucky but vital goals. We don't have to walk the ball into the back of the net.
Heard on the radio tonight Spurs have scored 12 goals from outside the box this season in the PL. Not sure we've scored any. Maybe Shaqiri against the mancs. Any others?

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Heard on the radio tonight Spurs have scored 12 goals from outside the box this season in the PL. Not sure we've scored any. Maybe Shaqiri against the mancs. Any others?
Studge banged in a beaut at the Bridge.

RazvanLFC

Studge as some other said and 3 other though I can not remember which. I have checked the stats we are in 13th place this season.
United scored 8 city 11 even southampton scored 10 while watford 8.
link here
But this is not our game anymore, scoring from long range. And it could be seen as a positive since we do not have to resort to shooting from long range. But I recall vs leicester west ham and utd feeling frustrated that our players seem to want to enter the net with the ball at their feet.

santana

if you ask the deadly trio ( salah - mane - firmino ) to not score goals just play to destroy defenders line without thinking of scoring then you will not see there any defenders line .. vanish !

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
if you ask the deadly trio ( salah - mane - firmino ) to not score goals just play to destroy defenders line without thinking of scoring then you will not see there any defenders line .. vanish !
santana aka TTG - The tactical genius.

sms1986

Quotes from EnriqueMuller here - https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ayol4o
Klopp on Oxlade-Chamberlain playing v Derby for U23s today: "He's a smart boy. It was clear he would need some sessions to prepare himself for a game. Very positive. But he was out a long time and we need to be sensible. He's ready so we let him go."

Klopp: "City play on Saturday, we will know their result, but no need to make a big fuss about it. We like our position. We're excited and optimistic. Our only problem this weekend is Burnley."

sms1986

Klopp on Salah misses at Everton: "When you are a striker or offensive player and you have chances in a game, you want to score. But as a manager I am more than used to that you don't score all the time. We didn't really speak about it because it's completely normal."

“He has an unbelievable record. His goals are a big part of putting us where we are. We had 4 or 5 proper chances v Everton. We've had less in games that we won."

sms1986

Klopp on injury situation: "Dejan (Lovren) trained fully for the first time yesterday, completely normal. Joe (Gomez) is now running with 100%. Dejan was out for a while so we need to see how fit he is."

Klopp on Milner: "He had a muscle issue. He worked with rehab staff yesterday. If you ask him he will say he'll be ready for Sunday."

“Rhian is in a really good way and a place where Ox was three weeks ago probably.”

“Jordan is fine”

sms1986

Klopp: "I liked the week we had. The most intense session of the week should always be the game. Burnley are so consistent with what they're doing."

"We have had a good training week and we are able to do a lot of things.
If you have time to train you always have to work hard and hopefully we can put these things onto the pitch.
We can do a lot today as well and that’s very important.
You can’t play softly during the week and hope players don’t get injured we have to work on things to improve.
The most intense sessions is always the game and we will be prepared for that.”

sms1986

Klopp on noon KO: "I wasn't used to it before but that's gone. We don't have those issues any more. We need atmosphere at 12 o'clock. If you have a ticket go to bed at 10pm Saturday night and don't drink!"

sms1986

"The game for us at Turf Moor is not important as it was three months ago.

When they play five at the back it doesn’t work out 100% if I am correct so we expect 4-4-2.

Barnes is good in the air and gets in behind and they are good on the wings.

Crosses we should expect.

They also don’t have majority of possession in games so we need to be creative and patient.

It will be difficult - they really fight and are highly motivated.

When you watch their last three or four games you give respect - they beat Tottenham.

I’m sure they’re looking forward to this game.”

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Klopp on noon KO: "I wasn't used to it before but that's gone. We don't have those issues any more. We need atmosphere at 12 o'clock. If you have a ticket go to bed at 10pm Saturday night and don't drink!"
@Billy Biskix , and all other match-going supporters, here are the boss' orders for you. :well done:

sharkula

the signs are aligned for a big liverpool victory here. Early kickoff so the players are fresh , home advantage with the kop turning up in full force to support in a surely noisy atmosphere , a negative burnley that every one despise and and the boys no longer leading at the top of the table so the pressure is off.
i predict a 3-0 win , lets go !

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
Fab and Naby behind Shaq, normal front three... 3-0 at half time and JK drags Shaq for being too brilliant and throws Hendo on to steady the ship. Oh wait...!!

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
I just don't wanna see the same midfield set up again. I would prefeer to see shaq in there instead of henderson. Shaq's exclusion from the team is a weird one as he's by far the biggest goal threat we have behind our front trio. He also got the eyes for a through pass that's we also severly missed in the games we ended up drawing. would be really nice to see him back in.

santana

shaq is a great player but heavy !
i will bring against a slow heavy team like burnley a light fast player like camacho .

Commando

Ad-free Member
@Billy Biskix , and all other match-going supporters, here are the boss' orders for you. :well done:
Aw, not fair. I wanted to stay up later. It's not a school night.

kopend79

No need for radical changes.
Play the same team from the everton game but bring in Keita or Shaq for Hendo and replace Origi with Firmino.
At this stage of the year with nine games to go in a tight, title race and in the knock out stage of the champions league, and coming off two decent breaks there's no need to rest players.
Play the strongest team. Get the three points. Keep the title alive and then worry about mid week.

Status
Not open for further replies.