Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Crystal Palace | PL Matchday 31 | Wednesday June 24th | 21:15h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikz200

If Robertson cannot play, it might be wise to try Neco Williams in that position and keep Trent where he is. I think Centre back would be the position I'm most in confusion about, I know VVD will start , but now that Matip starts will Joe start or while Jurgen start Lovren again? I hope Salah is fit enough to start , going to need our full compliment of firepower to make sure we score.......

Dutch

Ad-free Member
What happened? Why is Matip above Gomez in the pecking order all of s sudden? Hope that Salah and Robertson are back tomorrow.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
What happened? Why is Matip above Gomez in the pecking order all of s sudden? Hope that Salah and Robertson are back tomorrow.
Tbf it's been three months since the last game, so it's not really all of a sudden. Maybe he was in better shape.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
If Robbo isn't available then I don't think playing Larouci or Williams at left full is a good idea. They'd probably move Zaha to that side and he would run riot against two senior rookies. Good shout by someone putting Fab at right full and shift Trent to the left or start Gini at left. Gomez at CB should be a no brainer.

Ali

Trent JoeGo. Virgil. Gini (if Robbo out)

Henderson

Ox. Keita

Mo Bobby. Mane

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
The Boss seemed oddly agitated when asked seeing younger players or lesser squad players in matches down the stretch. “I already know everything about my players I see them every day in training. I don’t need to put them in one match to know what they can do”.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I see they've done a good job of turning the Kop into a sea of red and white for the game tomorrow but I think the absence of fans at Anfield might affect us. You could hold a game under laboratory conditions and it wouldn't affect the way Man City play. It's pure technical skill. We are skilful as well but our success is really built on physicality, drive and determination and will to win and we do feed off the crowd for a lot of that. The Anfield crowd is often and unfairly maligned but these days it plays a big part especially when we go behind in games, like Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham and Bournemouth. A big response from the fans usually provides a big response from the players. Klopp cheerleading on the touchline. It all helps. Every single home league game won this season.

Palace always give us a good game so it won't be easy. It'll be the standard fare from Hodgson. Low block with Zaha the target for every counter attack. Hopefully Salah and Robbo will be back because we had nothing down either flank against Everton and that makes us easy to defend against. I thought Keita did well against Everton and deserves another chance. Other than that I expect there'll be a lot of managing fitness going on when considering who starts and who gets substituted in these next few games so nothing about team selections is going to be completely straightforward.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Predictably, the media narrative today (print and digital) is that Liverpool are on their heels and sputtering and City are a machine and can “catch” us. I felt bad for The Boss in today’s media session. He is bothered, that much is obvious in his answers. He said “well we must have been doing something right that we are 20 points or whatever ahead of them”.

We’ve played 95 total minutes of football since the restart. People need to back off a bit and let our boys stretch their legs. I’ve always thought we played better on shorter rest, as opposed to one match per 7-10 days, so this compact Schedule may create a good rhythm for us.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Predictably, the media narrative today (print and digital) is that Liverpool are on their heels and sputtering and City are a machine and can “catch” us. I felt bad for The Boss in today’s media session. He is bothered, that much is obvious in his answers. He said “well we must have been doing something right that we are 20 points or whatever ahead of them”.

We’ve played 95 total minutes of football since the restart. People need to back off a bit and let our boys stretch their legs. I’ve always thought we played better on shorter rest, as opposed to one match per 7-10 days, so this compact Schedule may create a good rhythm for us.
You can’t expect anything else. They need to try and create some intrigue from a title challenge that was over in December.

Sweeting

Also the narrative that Man City just strode in and started annihilating everything from minute one is a little untrue, the Arsenal game was pretty even for the first 20 minutes until Mari went off. Then they got on top because Luiz was a Trainwreck and gave them two goals.

Fair enough they stuffed Burnley.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Also the narrative that Man City just strode in and started annihilating everything from minute one is a little untrue, the Arsenal game was pretty even for the first 20 minutes until Mari went off. Then they got on top because Luiz was a Trainwreck and gave them two goals.

Fair enough they stuffed Burnley.
Burnley reserves/youth! Cities bench was worth about 20 times their whole squad.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Tbf it's been three months since the last game, so it's not really all of a sudden. Maybe he was in better shape.
I doubt that. I suspect it was just a matter of Klopp trying to spread the games out a bit where he could. Matip is good but the boss will have wanted to be sure Gomez was fit for CP and MC games . Same reason he rested Salah .

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Can someone please tell the players this is not a preseason friendly match? Thank you.

I don´t think they can be accused of treating the Everton game like a friendly. The work rate , passing and pace of the game were all high in the first half. We just lacked a spark up that was needed to break down the Everton defence. CP will be another tough one as they always play well against us but I am sure we will do better this time.

richieh10

Ye I can take that view for one game, tonight I want us to make a statement against palace.

and btw city took the same break that we did and they’ve come back on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.