Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Crystal Palace | PL Matchday 31 | Wednesday June 24th | 21:15h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Imagine taking a compulsory 3 month break from your job. Unless you're the best salaryman in existence, it'll take you some time to get back into the flow of things and get momentum back.
That must make Manchester City the bestest football team ever.

We might as well give up now and hand them the title.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Can someone please tell the players this is not a preseason friendly match? Thank you.
In a way, it sort of is.

As I said in the Everton thread, I think Klopp is being very careful to use these first couple to build up the player’s match fitness, and protect them from the tears and strains that are inevitable when you ask players to go at 100mph from a standing start. We’ve got a 22 point lead and he is absolutely within his rights, as a professional manager who knows far more about this that me or you, to do what he feels is right for his players.

I think we’ll see a ramp up in intensity against Palace tonight, but I don’t think we’ll the purring machine that we expect.

I think the fans kicking off that we didn’t have the intensity against Everton, would have been the first in the queue to port the boot in if Sadio or Virgil had pulled up.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
That must make Manchester City the bestest football team ever.

We might as well give up now and hand them the title.
It’s like the cup draws.

They had a piss easy game against Arsenal and the Luiz horror show. Burnley were not interested, and have off the field issues to worry about.

We had a much harder go against Everton, who are much better than Arsenal or Burnley.

Noo Noo

Bloody Germans and their 1 hour ahead nonsense!
Well to be fair they've been pretty much ahead of the UK for some time now. I wont begrudge them an hour. :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm still calm at the moment. Had I switched on at 21:15 this evening and found the second half starting my mood would likely be different.

We need times with a timezone please!!!

[email protected]

Well to be fair they've been pretty much ahead of the UK for some time now. I wont begrudge them an hour. :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm still calm at the moment. Had I switched on at 21:15 this evening and found the second half starting my mood would likely be different.

We need times with a timezone please!!!
Simplest way is to put it in GMT and everyone can work their way from there.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Like Klopp says, one of the most beautiful views regarding LFC (or football in general) is to look at the Kop before the game starts. So many little flags, banners, etc. The variety of it. The memory. The humour. The creativity. The colours. From Bob Paisley, to Anne Williams, to certain big moments/achievements on the pitch, to players who were cult heroes and still remembered/adored.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
If Matip plays can staff at the stadium please make sure there is nothing left lying around that he might trip over. And cut the grass short making sure there are no divots! The man is made of glass and breaks very easy.

Red over the water

I thought the Everton game was steady, with a view on managing sprints and quick bursts, and we played a bit within ourselves as we felt our way back. Had it gone according to plan I think we'd have brought Mo on, added more up front, and got the game won in the last twenty. Instead, injuries meant we needed to put Lovren on, and that rather handed the initiative to Everton, who had the best chance of the match with Lovren on the pitch.

Lovren is well past his best and does not deserve a spot near the team, even as a fourth choice CB. There are others who I'd rather see - Fabinho back there for one, but then I'd also rather see Hoever there now too. Obviously Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip ahead of Lovren too.

As for the Palace game, my comments on Lovren are intended to build the case that we should not play him against Palace, under any circumstances. If we are short at the back, find another combo without Lovren. Several permutations have been offered in the thread so far, all preferable to Lovren. I'd rather see 3/4 of the defense in its best position - Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk, and then see what the left back options are. If Robbo is fit, brilliant. If not, stick a youngster there, either Williams or Hoever. At least they have pace. If we really feel a left footed option is needed, Larouci is also preferable to a combo with Lovren at the back.

Woy would love nothing more than to stick one on us. Palace have an outside chance of Europe and the over promoted, arrogant old duffer, would love nothing more than to show us he's a real football man of gwavitas.

If we play Lovren you can't help but feel Zaha will be relishing the prospect of isolating him and going 1v1 as much as possible.

I expect a win for the mighty reds. Not a purring victory, as Palace will have a go, and we are building up sharpness. But I expect a win. Can't wait.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

After Sunday's somewhat listless performance against the blueshite, we need something better tonight at Anfield, as we welcome Uncle "Fat Owl" woy, and his miscreant band of Lappet-Faced Worriers. But it won't be easy.

I don't wish to fan the flames of the pyre of any resident conspiracy theorists, but there can be little doubt the respective hot lines, between Etihad Towers, PGMOL and the Premier League, must have achieved incandescent heat, as MOCAF issued its instruction in a last ditch attempt to derail our chances of that of which we will not speak.

And it appears to have had some effect, as tonight we are infested [as correctly presaged by @cynicaloldgit ], with martin "I'm ready for my close up Mr ferguson " (tw)atkinson, as the "man" in the middle, with mike "the great, useless, spawny-eyed, parrot-faced wazzock dean as fourth official and andrea "Peaky Blinders" marriner on VAR.

So I can confidently predict that decisions in our favour will be rarer than a Sheil Road virgin, or a cup in the blueshite trophy cabinet.

When at first I informed Boudica, of the referees selected for tonight and our subsequent match, (by way of semaphore I hasten to add; we are still strictly maintaining our 100 m anti-social distance), her first reaction was to look upon me as a fastidious vegan might upon discovering a caterpillar in her salad; her second reaction was to dismiss my news with a haughty, if not imperious snort.

For those unaware of my domestic condition, Boudica considers me to be a man to whose utterances, no attention should be paid. She considers me to be, to all intents and purposes, half-witted. She believes that life in the country, with its lack of intellectual stimulus, has caused my natural feebleness of mind to reach a stage which borders closely on insanity. Her relatives look on me as virtually an imbecile and have, in Boudica's opinion, every cause to do so.

Under normal circumstances she would attach no importance to my remarks, however, upon being directed to the appropriate page on the Premier League website, her shocked response was to remark that "They wouldn't believe it, if you had made it up". Mark well, Boudica's words.

And speaking of Mark, Merseyside's very own dhampir, Lawro's doubled down on his previous prediction, and gone with a 2-0 win to us. Hand me the garlic, stake and mallet.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

After Sunday's somewhat listless performance against the blueshite, we need something better tonight at Anfield, as we welcome Uncle "Fat Owl" woy, and his miscreant band of Lappet-Faced Worriers. But it won't be easy.

I don't wish to fan the flames of the pyre of any resident conspiracy theorists, but there can be little doubt the respective hot lines, between Etihad Towers, PGMOL and the Premier League, must have achieved incandescent heat, as MOCAF issued its instruction in a last ditch attempt to derail our chances of that of which we will not speak.

And it appears to have had some effect, as tonight we are infested [as correctly presaged by @cynicaloldgit ], with martin "I'm ready for my close up Mr ferguson " (tw)atkinson, as the "man" in the middle, with mike "the great, useless, spawny-eyed, parrot-faced wazzock dean as fourth official and andrea "Peaky Blinders" marriner on VAR.

So I can confidently predict that decisions in our favour will be rarer than a Sheil Road virgin, or a cup in the blueshite trophy cabinet.

When at first I informed Boudica, of the referees selected for tonight and our subsequent match, (by way of semaphore I hasten to add; we are still strictly maintaining our 100 m anti-social distance), her first reaction was to look upon me as a fastidious vegan might upon discovering a caterpillar in her salad; her second reaction was to dismiss my news with a haughty, if not imperious snort.

For those unaware of my domestic condition, Boudica considers me to be a man to whose utterances, no attention should be paid. She considers me to be, to all intents and purposes, half-witted. She believes that life in the country, with its lack of intellectual stimulus, has caused my natural feebleness of mind to reach a stage which borders closely on insanity. Her relatives look on me as virtually an imbecile and have, in Boudica's opinion, every cause to do so.

Under normal circumstances she would attach no importance to my remarks, however, upon being directed to the appropriate page on the Premier League website, her shocked response was to remark that "They wouldn't believe it, if you had made it up". Mark well, Boudica's words.

And speaking of Mark, Merseyside's very own dhampir, Lawro's doubled down on his previous prediction, and gone with a 2-0 win to us. Hand me the garlic, stake and mallet.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:
What?

Alright Now

I'd guess he's on the 4th paragraph of the 3rd version of the recap.

He's following the Boris Johnson mantra of writing 3 articles beforehand and will release the the one that makes him look the best.

;)
Very interesting. I’d like to pick your brain on another topic. I’m sure you’ve noticed that @cynicaloldgit is beating @Lowton_Red to the opening line ups. Do you think that he has 3 versions of the starting squad too?

Thanks for your insights in this matter.

Noo Noo

Very interesting. I’d like to pick your brain on another topic. I’m sure you’ve noticed that @cynicaloldgit is beating @Lowton_Red to the opening line ups. Do you think that he has 3 versions of the starting squad too?

Thanks for your insights in this matter.
In this instance I think he's doing the old Big Bang Theory Comicon ticket purchase scene.................Refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh etc.

Poised and ready like a cobra ready to strike.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Just watching the Mancs. I bet we won’t have the luxury of Palace being as shit as Sheff Utd! They are shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.