PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Everton (EPL), Sunday December 2nd, 16:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

TIA Reserve Team
Merseyside Derby next!!! I was loaned out to Rangers reserves due to my last pre-match thread, just been recalled from my loan, so here goes.

Liverpool, 2nd on 33 points! Last 5 in the EPL - WWDWW
Everton, 6th on 22 points. Last 5 in the EPL - WLWDW

We have played a lot of football recently and we have a huge game on Sunday. The midfield has been criticized on recent performances, which leads me to believe that they would have been the midfield of choice if Henderson was available. Will Klopp include both Keita and Fabinho into the Merseyside Derby cauldron? I don't think so.

It is vitally important to keep the league form going. City are at home on Saturday, and in all fairness should give Bournemouth a hammering. Tottenham, Arsenal, and Chelsea play on Sunday as well, just a little before us. It would be nice for Arsenal to take at least a point, they should. It would be an early Christmas present if Bournemouth takes a point.

This ended 1-1 last year after a soft Lovern penalty. Gomez took man of the match by popular vote, followed closely by Salah and his amazing goal. We didn't deserve to lose this game. We will have a stronger starting lineup this year, as we had the likes of Klavan and Solanke starting this game.

The lineup that I would like to see:

Code:
                  Alisson
Trent   Virgil   Gomez   Robertson
             Fabinho
       Wijnaldum   Keïta
   Salah      Firmino       Sadio

This lineup will not need subs.
The lineup we will see:

Code:
                  Alisson
Trent   Virgil   Gomez   Robertson
       Milner   Wijnaldum
               Keïta
   Salah      Firmino       Sadio

This lineup will need Sturridge and Shaqiri as subs.
The Everton lineup will be:

I don't care, and it doesn't matter.

4-0, backlash baby.

GermanRed

A Derby to recover from a frustrating midweek performance and result, anyone?

Feels like ages ago the last time we played Everton - actually it was 8 months ago. Really looking forward to this one and i hope we can do it with a positive aproach despite the CL. So i declare this a 'PSG free thread'.

Not sure what to expect from them tbh. Their last results were a 1-0 win against Cardiff, a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge and a 3-1 win against BHA. I think they have the quality to frustrate and hurt us and i really think that Marco Silva is the best manager they ever had (from what i remember).

Alisson
TAA ? VvD Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum
? Shaqiri ?
?

I'm fully expecting the 7 players above to start. Not sure who will start next to VvD. Trent local lad will know the importance of this game. Milners experience in intense english games needed. I have no idea why i put Wijnaldum in there - just a feeling. Shaqiri to come in for Henderson (suspended) to give us some extra firepower against an oppenent who will sit deep. Firmino was replaced after 70 minutes in midweek - probably an indication that he will start against Everton.

Would like to see Shaqiri, Firmino and Sturridge in a starting11 - not sure how that would be possible - maybe a diamond?

Alisson
TAA ? VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum
Milner Keita
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino

Think Salah needs a mental/psychological rest and Mané Needs a pysical rest but can't see Klopp rest both of them.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Cant see us resting salah or mane if theyre fit. Take them off once were 3 nil up if anything but i hope to god we dont give the sweaty twits anything from this game and not seeing mane and salah on the pitch would give them a boost no doubt.

That midfielder gomes looks a player, bit wary of him. Kind of wish we had a player like him on current showing at the mo. Hopefully keita has brushed off his injury troubles and becomes that dynamic midfielder were lacking.

This everton arent as shit as they have been in recent years, we cant take them lightly. If we perform, we have better players so should win. Theyd take delight in hinderimg us winning the league though so theyll be fired up. Itll be like winning a cup for them

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Got a seat in the Kop for this one! Near the score board next to Kenny Stand.

I just hope we retaliate from that frustrating midweek game - which I think we will. There was a patch in the 2nd half of Watford last week that it looked like being a draw.... I hope we get 2 early goals, then can relax and get back to playing our stuff.

I'm going for 3-0.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
I like the idea of throwing both Fabinho and Keita in but it’s a risk and Klopp’s not keen on those. Gini, Ribena Boy and Keita to start, rest of the team picks itself.

3-1, easy :-)

Commando

I'm not very optimistic about this one. There's been a few things in the press about Neverton's lack of a win since 1999. I'm a big believer in the "curse of the commentator. You just know that when commentators harp on about records or a striker's goal drought that something significant is going to happen. I myself made a big deal that my Grand-Daughter who turned eighteen last December wasn't even born and became eligible to vote or buy alcohol had never had Neverton win in her lifetime. Sunday's clash happens a day before her nineteenth birthday. I feel like I've jinxed it by making such a fuss last year.
If it goes t1ts up on Sunday, blame me. :-(

This is going to be a close game. The blue shit have improved a lot and they have a decent manager. They’re well
Rested and fit. We need to play the 90+ minutes if we going to take all 3 points. The battle will be in
the midfield. We loose the midfield and I can see us loosing the first game of our season.
Keita will probably take the place of Hendo with Gini and Milner. The front 3 of Mane,Salah,Firmino
with TAA, Gomez, Virgil,Robertson the back four.
I’ll take a nervous 1-0 win.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Its time to put the player and tactic discussions behind us. Its time to forget the 2nd place, the brilliant miserly defence: - its time to remember what the roots of football are about- get behind the best team in Liverpool for the derby of derbies !!!!!!

But of course, dont forget Rush scoring 4 in the 5-0 rout ! or the two FA cup final wins (I went to both), or the last 17 derbies we havent lost in.

Dont care who plays as long as they secure the bragging rights !!!!

tip: 5-0 Salah 3, Shaqiri and a TAA free kick !!!

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Structure in midfield is the only doubt here I think. Does he play Fabinho or Shaqiri, or maybe both and leaves Milner out. Fully expect Trent back in and Gomez at CB instead of Lovren. Also expect Everton to use Richarlison a bit like PSG used Mbappe down that channel. That is the potential danger, this Everton side finally looks to have some balance after a number of years, more pace, confidence and ambition as well.

Don't think Klopp is still ready to go with Fabinho as a single pivot in a game like this. Don't think Keita is ready to start either, feel Fabinho is closer than him at the moment (especially with Hendo out). So I feel we'll go with the double six, Fabinho perhaps in for Milner (not sure if Gini and Mille even played together in a two so far this season?), but most probably Firmino back in the #10 with Shaqiri on the right.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
AS far as I'm concerned we need to get Fabinho and Keita on the pitch at the same time asap and find something extra in midfield before Napoli come to town. If not now , then when ..... and why the fuck did we spend £90m on them to still just be giving them minutes off the bench this far into the season ?

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Will definitely be watching this one

Think the club needs to be brave here and give players like Keita and Fabinho a chance. Fully aware of the repercussions of dropping points on the weekend when City likely are not. Not wholesale changes, but give Everton something different to look at.

Allison
TAA Lovren VvD Moreno
Fabinho Keita
Shaqiri Firmino Mane
Sturridge

Keita and Firmino are both able to help the defensive side, but I really feel that with Klopp putting in two or three defensive-minded midfielders just doesn’t support the transition game enough. Need to insert a player into the side (read: Keita) who will really run at their midfield and force them to adjust.

We tend to be too predictable with our play in the final third these days and really only succeed on the break at pace

jaffod

People are over-rating the Ev. They are doing what they do every season, beating dross at home and losing at the top sides. Leicester their biggest scalp this season.
That's not to say they couldn't scab a result, they're long overdue one and the law of averages leads toward it happening with each passing year.
Wonder if they'll 'turn up' on Sunday? That's the narrative from the bitter bastards, they dont lose at Anfield because Liverpool are better than them, they lose because they 'bottle it' or dont turn up. Laughable.
It's all about a fast tempo for me, we need to be at them from the off. They have a lot of players who have never experienced a derby before and a few of them look a bit lightweight. At least we wont have to worry about fucking yard-dogs like Barclay and Williams.
Usual back 4, think Keita might start and I'll be disappointed if Shaqiri doesn't start. I'd be tempted to start Sturridge too, we've got a brutal 2 weeks in front of us so rotation will be a factor.

RedForever2014

TAA has been shocking defensively, Gomez needs to play centre back. I do not understand Klopp refusing to use Brazil's right back at right back.

IMO our best available defence is the one I've picked below. The matches we've lost this season have mostly been when Gomez and VVD are split up.

Gini should play DM, Milner alongside.

The front three picks itself.

The final position should be Shaqiri or Keita. Personally I'd start Shaqiri.

……………………………….Alisson
Fabinho……….Gomez...……….VVD...…………...Robertson
……………….Milner...…………..Gini
……..Salah...………….Shaqiri……………...Mane
…………………………...Firmino

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I would prefer Clyney at RB and Gomez kept in the centre.

And the way Bobby is playing I would be seriously considering resting him and selecting Solanke, the boy has talent and knows where the back of the net is.I would be looking at bringing on the likes of Shaqiri, Firmino, Keita or Sturridge if things aren't going our way.

Side I would like to see is:

................................ Becker...................
Clyney...........Gomez......... Virgil....... Robertson
.................................Fabinho.........................
................ Wijnaldum............. Milner..............
Salah...................... Solanke...................Mane

Red Ted

This will be a lot more open than usual which will be to our advantage if our front 3 perform, would be so nice to see us finally up it in attack & embarass them again.

Red over the water

Three points please you red men! It would be very nice to put in a great display and hammer them too, if it’s not too much trouble.

I want to see Fabinho and Keita in midfield. Might as well start seeing the future now. Once they find their groove I expect the midfield to find another level. Don’t care who the third one is. Back five picks itself for me, front three does too, but I’d play Salah right, Mane left and Firmino central but a bit higher up the pitch than we’ve seen lately.

3-0 Salah, Mane and another free kick from young Trent.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
They have offices in there don't they?
Not sure about the offices being there, but no doubt the mayor, Joe Anderson, has something to do with it. He’s a bitter.

phil smith

Will definitely be watching this one

Think the club needs to be brave here and give players like Keita and Fabinho a chance. Fully aware of the repercussions of dropping points on the weekend when City likely are not. Not wholesale changes, but give Everton something different to look at.

Allison
TAA Lovren VvD Moreno
Fabinho Keita
Shaqiri Firmino Mane
Sturridge

Keita and Firmino are both able to help the defensive side, but I really feel that with Klopp putting in two or three defensive-minded midfielders just doesn’t support the transition game enough. Need to insert a player into the side (read: Keita) who will really run at their midfield and force them to adjust.

We tend to be too predictable with our play in the final third these days and really only succeed on the break at pace

MORENO!? I wouldn't have him playing for Everton!!

Coddite84

Has to play Fabinho and Keita for me, drop Milner. Trent has to be RB too with Gomez back at CB with VVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.