• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Everton | PL Matchday 15 | Wednesday December 4th | 20:15h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Time for the Merseyside derby. Midweek game - strange. Kick-off time - strange. Favorites for the title vs. relegation battling side - well deserved.

I am expecting a difficult game against a bus parking, cheating, time wasting and physical side no matter who will be their manager on wednesday.

Think the only change will be Milner for Ox.

Adrian
TAA Lovren VvD Robertson
Milner Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané

Y.N.W.A.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Milner Wijnandum and Henderson would be far too negative.
Ox or lallana have to start. We can’t treat Everton like they are Barcelona.

They could be in relegation zone by the time they play us so it’s an important one for both teams.
I can see a scrappy 1-0 win to us. Maybe 2-1.
All I ask is we start with either ox/lallana or keita to partner gini and hendo and we don’t start with Gomez at right back.

wibseyred

Milner Wijnandum and Henderson would be far too negative.
Ox or lallana have to start. We can’t treat Everton like they are Barcelona.

They could be in relegation zone by the time they play us so it’s an important one for both teams.
I can see a scrappy 1-0 win to us. Maybe 2-1.
All I ask is we start with either ox/lallana or keita to partner gini and hendo and we don’t start with Gomez at right back.
Keita no chance.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Not going to this - promised to give my tickets to a friend for first visit to Anfield (and he's taking both parents).
He's got good seats in the Kop.

I'll be watching on Amazon prime.

There was a disgruntled atmosphere at Anfield on Saturday - and understandably so.... but we need to get back to football this Wednesday. Nice banner from Everton fans at the Leicester match today - about Justice etc...

But we need the 3 points, and we need to wish the Bitters a Merry Xmas like we do every year.
Salah's scoring, having fun.
Merry Xmas, Everton.

Redopium

All midweek games on prime Video, my daughter has it so I can see game, what next games on cartoon channels ;), normally a game where both teams play their British players because of the physical nature of the games but that has changed recently, I would play Milner Gini and Chamberlain in midfield the rest pick itself.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Rest up one of mane or Salah. Need to get origi a game and let the curse take it's own time.

Looking at their tactics for the Leicester match , they'll be liable to go for a 3 cb and 2 wingbacks in a 5-3-2 formation in an attempt to stop our wingbacks from putting in those crosses. All the more reason why we need to have either of ox or naby to run through them the center and link up with the fwds.

Picking a 3-1 win for us , the one goal mainly happening cause we just aren't keeping clean sheets.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I am pretty sure we will be up against a new manager bounce.
Don't see them sacking Silva (just before the Liverpool game). Not least cause it leaves them with no one to take charge of the next game and they don't have three days to prepare. Can see the bitter management giving Marco this one extra match. The decision has probably been made though. This is just about trying to appoint a new manager when there are some theoretically easier fixtures or some breathing space between matches

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Honestly they didn't deserve to lose last night vs Leicester. Against us, they will take pleasure to inflict any pain on us just like holding us to a draw last season that ultimately contributed to us losing the title by a point, at least thats from their perspective. We have to play our usual high tempo fast game. From last night, Richarlison and Sidibe are 2 danger to us and that Lewin guy can be a pest in Lovren side so a2-0 win would be nice for a change

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Don't see them sacking Silva (just before the Liverpool game). Not least cause it leaves them with no one to take charge of the next game and they don't have three days to prepare. Can see the bitter management giving Marco this one extra match. The decision has probably been made though. This is just about trying to appoint a new manager when there are some theoretically easier fixtures or some breathing space between matches
Makes sense except for that their next few games are brutal, but yes, blooding a new manager on a derby would be a mess.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Gonna be an ugly one this one. Always is up against this lot.

Having said that, I want a clean sheet and an extremely dodgy one goal win via Origi's arse as it comes off Pickfords forehead as he inexplicably keeps the ball in play.

Someone has to say it: This game is a potential banana skin! However if we can't beat the likes of these we don't deserve to win the league.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
There is a chasm between the teams in terms of quality, but it's the derby.....
I would like to see Gini Hendo and Ox or Keita. If they go 352 we need to have an attacking option through the middle.
Also, I think Salah should rest and Shaqiri start on the right. Salah needs to recharge for the busy schedule ahead, we will need him firing.
Origi off the bench.
We should win this but the derby isnt easy to predict.

rockafella

Registered before you did
They always peddle this theory how they under perform at Anfield and have some mental block here.

It's a complete myth. Yes - they haven't won here since 99, but they've drawn roughly half of the games. They massively over-perform at Anfield. They've probably avoided defeat in those 20 years more than any other side bar Utd and Chelsea.

Yes, there's been the odd season they finished a point above us or something, but generally they're shite and have no business getting as many points as they do.

Despite us being so good, them being extra shite, it'll still be tough. 2-1 Liverpool - because every game is 2-1 Liverpool.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Im sure Everton will be hoping a win will give them boost and maybe save the manager. The easy option would be to sack him now and take the loss and blame it on the change. More difficult IMO is sacking the manager after the Liverpool defeat, which Im sure Liverpool fans will react to with glee.

As previously mentioned- dirty, bus parking, fouling, intensive blues, but quick, high pressing, high octane, European champion Liverpool should beat them 3-1. I think we have the experience and skill to deal with such a threat these days. The tighter rule on tackling (over the years) has taken a lot of the intensity? Id rather call it hardness out of the game. But that is in Liverpools favour.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
These games are usually terrible so I'm hoping this one bucks the trend. I missed the last 20 of the Leicester game but until then Everton played well. Their 3-5-2 will be deployed again here although it will be more like a 5-4-1. It then depends how much that Leicester defeat has taken out of them as it must have been gutting. They should have had the game wrapped up in the first hour. Scoring goals is their problem although they will fancy their chances of getting one against us seeing as everybody else does.

Something's got to give soon. We can't keep playing like we've been playing since the last international break and still win. So we either drop points against a team we really should be beating easily (anyone we play between now and Leicester) or we find some form at last like we normally do this time of the season and start to push on.

For us it's really about managing the fitness of players during this spell so impossible to pick a team without knowing how everyone is shaping up. We did a lot of running about trying to protect that lead on Saturday so I expect some rotation here. Lallana possibly, Origi even as starters, depending on who's able to go again. We play Bournemouth 3 days later and Salzburg 3 days after that so we need to start using the whole squad now.

MinniMo

These games are usually terrible so I'm hoping this one bucks the trend. I missed the last 20 of the Leicester game but until then Everton played well. Their 3-5-2 will be deployed again here although it will be more like a 5-4-1. It then depends how much that Leicester defeat has taken out of them as it must have been gutting. They should have had the game wrapped up in the first hour. Scoring goals is their problem although they will fancy their chances of getting one against us seeing as everybody else does.

Something's got to give soon. We can't keep playing like we've been playing since the last international break and still win. So we either drop points against a team we really should be beating easily (anyone we play between now and Leicester) or we find some form at last like we normally do this time of the season and start to push on.

For us it's really about managing the fitness of players during this spell so impossible to pick a team without knowing how everyone is shaping up. We did a lot of running about trying to protect that lead on Saturday so I expect some rotation here. Lallana possibly, Origi even as starters, depending on who's able to go again. We play Bournemouth 3 days later and Salzburg 3 days after that so we need to start using the whole squad now.
At least Bournemouth won't be able to use their top goal scorer against us, thankfully!

RodM

I've just about stopping laughing from last year's result? Are they going to balls it up with an unforced error again?

Actually, I follow Neville Southall on Twitter and he seems to think that Everton lack mental strength. Whether that is down to the manager or not is debatable but it does seem to play into our hands. If we stick to our usual game they should cave.

Everton will be up for this as ever but I just want a plain simple 3 points: no nail biting finishes, no injuries, no red cards and no dubious refereeing...

Oh, who am I kidding. It's the derby. It will be bleeding carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.