• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Everton | PL Matchday 15 | Wednesday December 4th | 20:15h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red over the water

Three points please, however they come.

Ideally we click and play well, and hammer them. In all likelihood they will try to kick us off the park to level it up a bit, which is a classic tactic of a small team.

Same defence, plus Adrian, same attack. Not sure what midfield I’d go with. Maybe Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana.

Whoever plays will have to get stuck in. Milner won’t let us down on that score, but I’m not sure a midfield trio of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum has enough craft and guile. Maybe we go with that trio for an hour to kick them back a bit, before adding some guile later on.

I‘m nervous, but only because it’s the derby and they will be at least 50% better than they’ve been all season.

cynicaloldgit

Green, not greed
Ad-free Member
I’m not sure a midfield trio of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum has enough craft and guile.
This could be a good opportunity to allow Gini to reprise the role he plays for his national team. Don’t absolve him of all defensive responsibilities but leave the bulk of the dirty work to Milner and Henderson.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I seem to spend my week in a state of anxiety. I don't get time to come down after watching one nail biter to immediately becoming a gibbering wreck as the next one looms on the horizon. I will be in the air for this so maybe that is a blessing. I hate watching Everton and Man U games anyway.

Red over the water

This could be a good opportunity to allow Gini to reprise the role he plays for his national team. Don’t absolve him of all defensive responsibilities but leave the bulk of the dirty work to Milner and Henderson.
Good point. He’s in good scoring form for the Dutch at the moment too. He makes those late runs into the box that are so hard to pick up.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I'll leave it to Jurgen and his staff to come up with the goods in regards to personnel, formation and tactics for this. They'll have been monitoring our lads and will know just who's in the best shape for this one.

Edited to add,

I made a big deal two years ago when my eldest Granddaughter turned eighteen. She had been born, gone to nursery, then school and college. She became a nursery nurse. She reached the age when she can legally vote and purchase and consume alcohol. In that time from her birth to adulthood the Ev had never won at Anfield. Here we are two years later. She turns twenty today. Some things never change. :)
What makes it sweeter is that her Grandad on her Mum's side is a bitter blue.

Hoping that her twenty first birthday is a source of joy in more than one way.

COYR YNWA

Last edited:

1dragon

TIA Regular
I think Klopp will go with this starting lineup:

Adrian
TAA-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
Wijnaldum
Ox-Milner
Salah-Firmino-Mane

I prefer this though:

Adrian
TAA-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
Wijnaldum
Ox-Henderson
Mane-Firmino-Keita

More creativity and threat from range. I do not think Everton would hit us from the off, and with our forwards being off colour of late, we could use some goal scoring midfielders from the start.

jay90

given it's the derby, i'm weirdly relaxed about this. i know form goes out the window yada yada but i just think it'll be quite comfortable for once.

no idea how or when the rotation will start full swing but all other things aside i can see us at full strength for this one with ox or milly taking the final midfield spot.

logic say 3 or 4 to us, but in reality it'll probably be 2-1, 'cause thats just what we do now..

LFCFFC

I've given up asking for a nice, cruisy win. Our boys seem hell-bent on making our lives equal parts elation and anxiety.

Get the feeling this will be no different to our recent performances. Scrappy and lacking fluidity, but I really don't care as long as we get the 3 points and stamp Silva's papers.

A 4-0 thrashing like JK's first home derby will also suffice of course.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
I'm sure nobody is actually expecting an easy win. Form and position in the table don't mean a thing in a derby match. We all know the Bitters will be well and truly up for this, regardless of fatigue and a gut wrenching loss for them against Leicester.
I will take any sort of scrappy win and move onto the next game.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
For anybody feeling a bit nervy before this one, take a ganda at this pearl from "GrandOldTeam.com"

We have so many injuries our midfield is decimated. We have lots of players out of form. Our confidence is in the gutter. We have a leaky defence. Our towards are struggling to score. The fans have lost faith in the manager.
In contrast, this is the strongest Liverpool side since the 80s. There isn't a weakness. They can bring players like lallana, origi, Oxlade Chamberlain on from the bench.
Every lamp they rub produces a genie while we've become world beaters at buying silk purses and turning them into sows ears overnight.
5 at the back. Park the bus. Limit the damage and try to hit them on the break occasionally. God help us.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Form never goes out the way, but we've seen against United (and not only in the last one against them, but a number of recent ones) that games like these can be specific, pretty different to what the majority expected pre-match. We'll see if it's Ox again or Millie comes in midfield. That will be the only question for Klopp I think.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
As per the formation , I'd rather klopp go with a 4-2-3-1 on this from the start instead of shifting to it later as is most often the case ...

Start with the usual suspects in defense.

Henderson Wijnaldjum
Salah Ox/Keita Mane
Bobby

Probably enables ox to run at the defenders and gets his long shots into the equation.

As I've mentioned before , everton will go with 3 cbs and two wingbacks .. often being a 5 man defense in an attempt to stop the fullbacks...having someone in the midfield with the ability to make the forward runs and link with the fwds might be just what's needed.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I didn't know we're playing City next.....

Asked if he was surprised by those comments, Klopp said: “I am not here to speak about the Man City transfer window. It’s the first time I heard that now. ‘Am I surprised? No.’

“It’s not important, for us it’s always the same, we don’t speak about it, we’re pretty much always ready if we can do something that helps us, if not we won’t.
English media need new ways to stroke rivalries.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Will be interesting to see how hard Everton fight in this match after the heartbreaking loss at the death against BReicester. They'll surely go 5-4-1 again and just try to grind something out. Quite a new stylistic approach from them after bringing in Silva to play expansive football. Maybe a draw would save his job for another week, not sure. Truthfully, it was pretty comfortable against Brighton until Alisson's handball. Hopefully, we pour it on a bit in this match, go up early, keep it comfortable, get the clean sheet. Send a clear message to the two Cities chasing us that they're vying for second.

Status
Not open for further replies.