• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Everton (Sunday 5th, 13:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Fellaini has elbowed to the face twice now, won't be surprised if he goes off with a red sometime in this game. just hope it's early.

gb1986

Haha in that little montage about the 'fiery challenges' there was the one by Lucas followed by 5 or 6 by Everton, ffs.

Reds

TIA Youth Team
They have been given too much space, and they were allowed to get into dangerous positions.

Need to stop giving away silly free kicks and maintain a bit more possession. Gerrard is the only player who has really stood out. Sturridge needs to get his scoring boots on at half time. He's been pretty poor when taking a shot.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Scrappy, poor half really from both teams. Everton there for the taking if we can calm down a bit and reach the level we know the team can produce. By the same token, I can easily see Everton knocking one or two in from a set piece.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Hallmark first half of a typical mid-table side:
  • not enough quality to break their strong defence down
  • way too many balls lost due to the players not being cool-headed enough
  • way too many long balls aimlessly thrown forward
  • behaving like headless chicken on every defensive set piece
I'd bet on Everton to score at least one goal in the second half, on one of their set pieces we obviously like to concede them so easily. That means that we must score at least two to get something out of this game, but I can't see it so far. We look much too clumsy for this, and an enormous improvement is needed.

At least, the players have shown effort, but that alone won't be enough.

gb1986

At first Sturridge was being selfish, and following that no one has seemed to want to have a go. Just not really clicking properly so far. Thought Hendo had a decent first half, but Gerrard has been immense.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Lack of proactivity and attention to detail has fucked me off about us in the last 4 years

It's basic things, like quietly pointing out the stray pointy things Fellaini likes to use when jumping in the air

No one says anything, team as a whole is just too timid. Same when a player is fouled, few really try and put a little pressure on

It's the type of wrinkle you never see captains of Man U, Chelsea etc miss. It's small but it's important and it's another missing piece in this team. Not enough leadership

Everton will be ok with a 0-0. We are too deep and our forward players way too isolated. Also feel the combination of downing and Henderson as wingers reeks of mediocrity. Effort is ok but finesse and quality consistently disappointing and no goal threat. Can we not do better next year say? Though not a lot of other options I just am not seeing 36m worth of end product. Maybe 6m at best

Been a game of 2 average teams canceling each other out. Maybe we have been slightly better but not a lot

RMP

TIA First Team
Someone should tell Sturridge to put his head up and look for the run in front of him rather than randomly lashing the ball

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
For a side with a manager that lives and breathes possession "in the opposition half" we are about 8 years from achieving that. Unless we get 6 more Brazilian-or alike world-class replacements in the defense and midfield.

For now, the biggest problem is that we are playing like we are a man down in the midfield.

Because Lucas and Stevie are exposed, we may need to move Hendo more inwards and take some risk on cover of the left side of the midfield.

Hate to say this, but the only surplus player is our #10. Not the kind of game he can thrive in.

But we don't have another midfielder with Joe out.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Was last week win an exception where the opposition just folds up like cards unlike those brutes in everton?

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
RichLFC said:
Lack of proactivity and attention to detail has fucked me off about us in the last 4 years

It's basic things, like quietly pointing out the stray pointy things Fellaini likes to use when jumping in the air

No one says anything, team as a whole is just too timid. Same when a player is fouled, few really try and put a little pressure on

It's the type of wrinkle you never see captains of Man U, Chelsea etc miss. It's small but it's important and it's another missing piece in this team. Not enough leadership

Everton will be ok with a 0-0. We are too deep and our forward players way too isolated. Also feel the combination of downing and Henderson as wingers reeks of mediocrity. Effort is ok but finesse and quality consistently disappointing and no goal threat. Can we not do better next year say? Though not a lot of other options I just am not seeing 36m worth of end product. Maybe 6m at best

Been a game of 2 average teams canceling each other out. Maybe we have been slightly better but not a lot
I'm sorry but Henderson is doing really well him and gerrard have been our best today.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
therealkeano1 said:
I'm sorry but Henderson is doing really well him and gerrard have been our best today.
Gerrard has been good, would say Henderson has been ok

Just I expect a bit better than ok really. It's also a question of consistency, a lot of our players can play really well one week then look rather so so the next. Is not a single player fault but its annoying me now. Maybe just tired of 7th places

t34m43

Sturridge really fooked that up, his first touch and the fact that he took a touch, took him wide giving Howard the chance. He needed to hit it first time, a little dink over the keeper.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
1st half was shaded by the bitters, with Fillani going close. Giving away needless free kicks and putting ourselves under pressure. Gerrard was the stand out player of the first 45mins, Henderson did ok too. Coutinho was too quiet.

2nd half has been better, we have started well, with Sturridge going close - from a cracking pass by Coutinho!

atmosphere has been flat!

t34m43

Henderson and Downing in our wide areas, going forward they offer very very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.