• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool vs Genk CL 5th Nov 20.00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Gomez for Lovren
Fabinho for Lallana
Ox for Hendo
Keita for Gini

Get the job done, attack like rabid dogs and sharpen the teeth for Sunday. This should be routine, bring off any tired legs on the hour. Have a bit of fun with this, no pressure.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Any word on where Shaqiri is at with his fitness?
Weeks away yet.

Whatever side we put out should roll this lot over easily enough. The other tie is probably of more consequence for our chances of qualifying. Would a Napoli win be the desired result , or a draw ? (I'm fucking useless at trying to figure out which result would suit us best.)

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
We saw enough in the first game to know Genk are not great and we should be able to beat them easily regardless of what team we put out. They lost at the weekend, are poor away from home and are now 8th in their own league so expect some rotation here especially with City coming up.

Trent must be due a rest so I think Gomez might come in for him. Fabinho needs minutes before Sunday and Ox and Milner are due starts so I expect a completely different midfield from the Villa game. The other likely change is Origi for one of the front 3, possibly Salah as he's obviously still struggling with his ankle. I doubt Keita will start but there should be an opportunity for him to get on the pitch at some stage. JK just confirmed that Matip and Shaqiri are definitely out.

A no drama, no injury win should be the aim here. If Napoli then beat Salzburg we would only need to draw with Napoli to qualify with a game still to play.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Any word on where Shaqiri is at with his fitness? Feels like one that would be tailor-made to give him a runout, although the lack of news on him would suggest he's not there yet.
Last what was said (pre-Villa) that he's back from Switzerland, but nothing until after the international break.

RodM

It looks like another game where I'm going to be rather distracted again. My uncle, who started taking me to Anfield as a kid, died on Sunday morning following a stroke. Back in the day this would have been the sort of European tie that we would have gone along to - not fashionable opposition so there was a better chance of getting tickets (usually in the Kemlyn Road so I'd be struggling to fit my stupid long legs in and hoping for a few goals so that I could move about a bit).

Having seen Genk a fortnight ago they look a handy enough outfit but we should be able to beat them without breaking a sweat. In fairness, I thought the scoreline of that game rather flattered us so I'm hoping for a few goals and a performance to justify it. Regardless, 3 points will be a good result.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
I agree with the above, I think the score in the last match flattered us a little bit. However, we should be able to win this whilst rotating a couple.

I think Salah could do with a spell to nurse his ankle and another chance for Divock. Simply for rotation and preparation for the City match, I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez come in for VVD, Ox in for Hendo and Milner in for Robbo.

If the match is wrapped up early, a rest for Firmino, Mane and Gini would also be welcomed. 3 points most important though.

Sweeting

Has Salah recovered from the ankle injury yet? He's been atrocious since Choudhary's tackle.

I'd go with

Alisson
Trent Gomez Virg Robbo
Ox Fabinho Milner
Mane Firmino Origi​

Give Salah this game off and possibly a few days off from training altogether, I'm convinced he isn't right.

MarcusBerglund

Rest both full backs, Salah and probably Mane /played a lot of football already and he is our most important player at the moment/.

Play 4-1-2-1-2 /Christmas three in midfield/

Alisson - Gomez - Lovren - Milner; - Fabinho - Lallana - Keita - AOC; Firmino - Origi;

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Watching on telly, sadly not going.

Just get the 3 points and move on.
I loved Robbo's celebration after his equaliser - I hope someone told him that he can stop running now. We have Genk and City then another break - so go strong as you can Jurgen. A win here means we can chill a bit in the remaining 2 champions league games.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
With the Manchester City battle on the horizon I’d give for wholesale changes.

Allison
Williams
Lovren
Gomez
Milner

Jones
Keita
Lallana

Ox
Origi
Brewster

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
I think we will rest a few, but not that many so that we risk putting the game in jeopardy. I am thinking its an opportunity to rest a few players that are barely going to get any rest during the PL season, so I would start with:

Al

Code:
         Al
Gomez Lovern VVD Milner
         Fab
      Gini  Keita
    Mane Bobby Origi
I think Ox will start for the game on Sunday, if not, he will start tomorrow in place of Gini. I think its critical to rest TAA and Robertson whenever we get the chance.

Nur der BvB09

Watching on telly, sadly not going.

Just get the 3 points and move on.
I loved Robbo's celebration after his equaliser - I hope someone told him that he can stop running now. We have Genk and City then another break - so go strong as you can Jurgen. A win here means we can chill a bit in the remaining 2 champions league games.
I agree but after a 3 or 4 0 he may rest the big guns for the fraud pep manshity game me thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.