• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool vs Genk CL 5th Nov 20.00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Becker.

Bargain.

wibseyred

That's great refereeing. I forget the details of the incident or subsequent argument, but I remember a case fairly recently in which I argued a player should have been booked twice fr two separate incidents in the same run of play, but people just seemed aghast that such a thing can be done.
The handball was identical to the one this ref waved away. Who needs consistency .

Herb

How the hell have we conspired to let them think they have any right to get something from this game. Massive improvement in performance needed at the weekend.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
You're correct. Salah is extremely irritating at the moment. He essentially offers little to the team apart from goals - when he isn't finishing chances it really affects us badly.
I think his overall game is often quite poor. The amount of times he gets dispossessed and decisions with the ball does my head right in.

Red over the water

Poor in the final third. If we were on it, we could accommodate Gomez getting back up to speed, for example, without us being nervous. We could accommodate Keita trying to play his way back to a bit of form too. Etc.

We can pick the bones over which players didn't perform well enough, but for me, the biggest culprit is profligacy in the final third. Get that right and we are in business.

Magnus

You're correct. Salah is extremely irritating at the moment. He essentially offers little to the team apart from goals - when he isn't finishing chances it really affects us badly.
Disagree, since I started watching in the end of the first half he has offered a lot in terms of runs, freeing other players. You are very right otherwise though, his ineffectivity is a shame these days.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Poor in the final third. If we were on it, we could accommodate Gomez getting back up to speed, for example, without us being nervous. We could accommodate Keita trying to play his way back to a bit of form too. Etc.

We can pick the bones over which players didn't perform well enough, but for me, the biggest culprit is profligacy in the final third. Get that right and we are in business.
I feel like we were saying the same thing last year??

Anyways, we're a negative-split team...gonna come home like a fucking freight train.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
if there was ever a time where Rhian should be given match time to challenge for Mo's spot, it is in November.

because to be honest, he's been shockingly bad in the final 3rd. just poor in the final touches.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Winning is great, I really do wish we’d just put teams to the sword and finish them off. Distinct lack of cutting edge at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.